Job is making me depressed & family not taking it seriously

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
moonraingirl

Re: Job is making me depressed & family not taking it seriou

Post by moonraingirl »

So cool you've become interested in gardening. Also your change of perspective makes me happy,too :)
Concerning organic gardening, have you looked into practice called permaculture? It's a style of gardening based on natural principles, cultivating soil, using organic fertilisers and growing complementary plants together so that they benefit each other, minimizing the need for pesticides. People in the permaculture community are also interested in less common veggies and herbs that can be used in cooking.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I haven't looked into permaculture in depth, but I do use companion planting to minimize pesticides. Actually, last summer I didn't use any pesticides. I'm going to work on making organic pesticides from peppers and garlic, and eventually get to where I'm growing those items as well as ones for cooking. I compost as well for fertilizer. I'm limited in space but I'm planning to utilize my fence as a trellis and grow up! Geez, is it spring already?! I can't wait! I'll definitely have to look into permaculture. Thanks!

Rosie
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Holy cow! I have some great news! Today I had a meeting with my department head and my boss. They told me they are aware I'm struggling and think I've done the best I can considering but wondered if I would be open to teaching different classes. Of course I said yes! The classes will still be the realm of food but it won't be culinary arts anymore. This is such such good news to me!

Rosie
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

That's such great news! I'm so happy for you!
Karma or not, something good turned back to you ! Congratulations on the new opportunity! smiley_dance
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

This is awesome news! I'm glad you are catching a little bit of a break. Here is to a happier new year for you!!
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Return to “Mental Health”