Overdosing

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
Collective Insight

Overdosing

Post by Collective Insight »

advice on one who might overdose
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

don't let them.
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
emmi116

Post by emmi116 »

if i could not stop them from doing so, then i would just pray that their death is fairly quick and painless and that they are satisfied with the decision they made. my friend committed suicide and i had come to the realization that he was the type of person who would have just liked to be left alone with the decisions he made...and that his suicide was just another one of his decisions and that my friends and i now just have to accept that and move on although it is quite difficult.
love always,
emmi
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Read for advice on the suicide websites. They will probably have more help for you than this site. We are here to try to help people who want to talk it out. But it's hard to help when you don't have any detail about a situation. You can read Ron's story and share that with your friend. It's very scary to think that something like that will happen to you if you commit suicide. Good luck.

NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

I can tell you, as someone who has tried it firsthand, that it might seem like the easy way out, but really it's the slowest. You have long minutes lying there waiting for the pills to kick in, waiting to just be taken away...and I know that the longer I laid there, the more I started to regret. The last thought I remember before I passed out was "I don't know why I did this. This was stupid."
There are always better options. I was lucky enough to wake up the next morning, miserable, and with a killer headache. And I got help. There's always a light at the end of the road, and overdosing is not the answer. Not to mention, pretty much everyone I've talked to who has failed at suicide one way or another remembers a moment of regret as everything starts to fall away. Encourage the person you're worried about overdosing to ask for help. It doesn't all have to end now.
know1...

Post by know1... »

It is surprising how much the human body can withstand. We are told to take one pill a day - and then someone od with 300 of them and still wakes up. I'm not saying do or don't but od and waking up at the hospital is not good. You are better off not doing it. When you wake up at the hospital - the problems will still be there - you will be "bugged" by the personal - like you're wasting their time and the people who care for you will care in double but in secret they will be sad.
It takes a lot of chemical pills to die and then some more. It also takes "strenght" to be what people sometimes call a "coward". AND It mostly needs the willpower & reasons to do it. I think that when all is said and done - death is the ultimate character test - death is letting go of everything.
Pixie 89

Post by Pixie 89 »

You all got good points~! Overdoseing or any other kind, of suicidal stuff just isn't the easy answer, to ones problems.This may seem off typic but I had an Uncle who had depression, he commeted suicide. And well suicide not only, harms yourself but it hurts thoughts around you.
Yours truly,
*Pixie*
kimilynnekandikane

Post by kimilynnekandikane »

this is a rather unpleasant, painful way to die. most people who overdose actually drownd. advice from someone who quite some time ago, don't. I sat there regretting what i did so much before I blacked out. I am so thankful that I survived. it is always darkest before the dawn...

be well
i support my soilders <3 Macy us army, Monk us army, Schnackenberg us airforce

Return to “Mental Health”