They're talking I don't know how to listen.

If you'd like to have a reading, you're welcome to post your question here and if there is a member available who feels like answering then they might help you. Please note that most of our readers are somewhat new to this and are using this forum as a way of improving their skills. They are not professional psychics.
WiccanWitch

They're talking I don't know how to listen.

Post by WiccanWitch »

My daughter's cat and best friend fell ill with diabetes some months ago. The vet said most people euthanize but discussed our options of treatment and when we decided to treat even gave us supplies free or cheap to get us started. It's been 5-6 months and he's steadily declined. His sugars are almost impossible to control and the doses of insulin he requires are much higher than most cats ever need. We took him back when we thought he was dying. We cried we loved on him. I had blood work done looking for signs of end organ failure to tell me he was indeed starting the process and euthanasia would be kind. His labs (besides his sugar) were perfect so we hydrated him with iv fluids and took him home with a more aggressive regimen. It seemed to work for a short time and he's declining rapidly. His body has no reserves to fall back on anymore.

Since being sick this cat lives to eat. Part of the poor sugar control brings hunger because even though it's in his body he's essentially always starving.

Tonight he won't eat. He's vomiting, he's weak, shaky dehydrated. I have the supplies to rehydrate him with subcutaneous fluids and I can bring his sugars down with an aggressive dose of insulin and it may perk him up.

I see no fight in his eyes. When I was talking to him asking him what to do the light behind me started flickering quite pronounced. I opened the drawer where his supplies are kept and then closed it again deciding not to give the insulin. The flickering stopped.

Am I being told to let him go? I know it sounds sensible but I want to know what was I being told? And by whom? My great aunt passed away recently. In life she would have paid for it all, pushed the care to its limits. So if it was her I don't think she'd tell me to stop. But I know it may not be family at all. A guide. Maybe even the cat himself,
His energy, his soul preparing to depart?

Am I putting way too much into this or not enough?

Autumn Jewel

Re: They're talking I don't know how to listen.

Post by Autumn Jewel »

Mind if I ask how old is your cat?

I know how you feel. I currently have a cat that vomits shortly after eating. Sometimes without eating. It's just water. She can't seem to keep food down. So it seems she's always begging for food. Her poop is almost always diarrhea. We think she has some problems with her digestive tract and/or parasites. Other than those two things, she's seems fine. She still likes naps, and to cuddle with people, and beat on the kitten.But since she's an old cat, 17 years April 1st, we've decided not put her through any tests or treatments and to let her pass on her own accord. Unless she gets sick to the point that she has no quality of life. The we'll put her down.

As for your cat and the eye twinkling, it sounds like it's your cat trying to tell you it's going to be ok and to let go. It sounds like these treatments aren't working and seem to be doing more harm than good. I know it's hard to let go, but sometimes it's the kindest thing to do.
"And those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music."

Someone told me to stop living in a fantasy land.
I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Myrth

Post by Myrth »

Not having been there I would not hazard a guess about whose energy that was nor what it meant. That is something only you can interpret with any accuracy, having been there, seen it, felt it.

What I can say is that your cat is telling you what you need to know. His eyes are telling you he has no fight left. And you responded appropriately to what he was telling you.

I understand too well what you are going through. I have had to have beloved pets put down, to end their final suffering. Others went more peacefully at home, and I had to make the decision not to rush them to the vet for one more heroic intervention. Some have been my best friends in the whole world. Others have been the best friend of my child (that's the hardest, truly). That final good bye always comes too soon - pets never live long enough. And, pets always take a big part of our heart!

I am sorry you and your daughter are going through this. Sending you love and light.
Myrth

WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

The cat is around 12. He's a large breed cat so he's old but on the younger to middle old.

I think "they" woke me up this morning so I'm going to see if I'm right.

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

My ginger boy, Tag, is actively dying. He has a tumor near his right eye. He has let me know that he wants to pass at home, not in a strange place. My pale calico, Shasta, has been in love with him since she was a kitten. She has been sitting vigil with him. It's a difficult thing to get through. I saw Anubis stroking him last night. The signs are there for us. We just need to learn how to accept them.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

I liked the thought of him passing with us more than at home. I didn't want to find him in some cold lonely corner thinking he may have wanted but was too weak to seek comfort of loved ones. Then I also know some animals choose to die alone but for us anyway it was better to have him in our arms so the last thing he would know was love.

TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

They know when it's their time. I know it hurts losing a loved one but take solace in the fact that he's no longer suffering.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows

WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

That's about the only solace there is for now. And I believe he did tell me it was time last night and when we got home I believe he told me he was ok.

Flickering lights are so vague and can mean anything. It's always the same light. But I've had it on all day and it hasn't flickered since I came home. I watched it flickering and finally said "if that's you Cody I take that to mean you're okay." Nothing since. So I may be just wanting it to be a sign but it helped.

blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

I'm so sorry to hear :(

In my life - many pets i loved passed away, but i was never part of it. Either i was to young as a child or i already moved out and my mother told me after they were put to sleep like "oh by the way your father burried the dog yesturday".
I never had to go through that struggle. ... I'm so sorry.

Accepting the fact that you feel a loved one surrender to his condition - i think - will always be questioned by some part of you. Living creatures are fighters and we aren't used to the thaught that the fighting is over and just letting go.
I think you are absolutely right trusting your intuition - as myrth said - you were there, you saw and felt it.
BB

Blue Moon

Return to “Free Reading Requests”