Need a little input.

If you'd like to have a reading, you're welcome to post your question here and if there is a member available who feels like answering then they might help you. Please note that most of our readers are somewhat new to this and are using this forum as a way of improving their skills. They are not professional psychics.
blue_moon

Need a little input.

Post by blue_moon »

I did some tarot for me this morning and felt the urge to lay out a card for my friend. I shuffled and asked for situation - i got the 9 of swords

Then i wanted a card - what shall she do! - and this was wierd. I've never done this before! But i picked the next card. Put it aside. The next one as well. The third card tingled so i placed it next to the situation on the right. It was XII the hanged man.

now i needed to know what would support her - and i did it again. I took the third card because it tingled like crazy. It was the 5 of cups.

(Shadowscape tarot)

To me it was clear right away. It fits ger situation so perfectly and also what in my opinion is the fist steps she needs to take.

But when i show her I'm a bit afraid it's just me... so what do you say?

9 of swords - the hanged man - 5 of cups
Situation - what needs to be done - what supports her

(Tried to upload a picture. Will try again when i put the kids to bed)

My interpret. she's stuck and doesn't trust the light at the end of the tunnel. She has no trust in herself, is to scared to give it a try. All the bad things that happened in the past are keeping her from moving on.
She has to shake of the old and take a different point if view. Have trust and let go of control (or whats controlling her).
It is time to let go of the pain and send out a wish or set an intension (her sadness is blinding her) - she needs to open her eyes and ears to the good around her. Trust in the fulfillment to come.
BB

Blue Moon

Xiao Rong
Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Re: Need a little input.

Post by Xiao Rong »

Shadowscapes is such a beautiful deck! I think you are very much on the right track -- you've got a strong intuitive sense. There seems to be a strong theme of letting go, surrendering oneself to the flow of the universe, rather than trying to defend and hold onto something that isn't working for her anymore.

My only additional thought is that the 5 of Cups speaks strongly of grief to me, and also might be a clue to how you can help support her as well. Grief is different for everyone, and the best thing you can do is to just be with her through the process -- you, too, may need to do some surrendering to greater forces while you're walking alongside her on this journey.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~

blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

Thank you so much!

I looked at the cards over and over and always came to the same conclusion - having problems with the 5 of cups.

Grief... I'm getting an idea of its meaning for my friend. The card makes more sense to me now!

I told her just yesturday and she was so stunned how the cards fit her.
BB

Blue Moon

Fae

Post by Fae »

blue_moon wrote:Thank you so much!

I looked at the cards over and over and always came to the same conclusion - having problems with the 5 of cups.

Grief... I'm getting an idea of its meaning for my friend. The card makes more sense to me now!

I told her just yesturday and she was so stunned how the cards fit her.
So I'm literally brand new, like just poking my beak out of the eggshell to tarot, so feel free to ignore my input here, but I felt like I had to add this.

The connection I personally feel resonates with the 5 of cups is not so much about moving on, but more about embracing it. Learning from it. Actually really feeling it. Accepting it and then trying to learn or grow, whatever that it might be. As humans sometimes we repress painful things, and before you can ever truly move on you have to let it all in and cry all your tears and scream your frustration. If your friend hasn't really dealt with a particular issue, maybe she needs to face it head on before she can move on and truly accept.

But again, I'm new to this, and that is just the way that card feels to me. Could be my deck or just my personal beliefs, but I figured I'd throw it out there. Good luck, hope everything turns out well!

blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

Fae, thank you! There is nothing wrong with your input ;)

That's what my friend saw as well - the woman in the card cries out all her tears. She felt deeply connected to her.

The thing is... in her situation right now she has to move on fast. There is not much time for sorrow and crying. I'd also be worried she'd fall back into depression.
I advised her to let those things go that put her in this situation and open her eyes to the possibility and abilities that are in herself and surround her.
BB

Blue Moon

Return to “Free Reading Requests”