Candle divinations please

If you'd like to have a reading, you're welcome to post your question here and if there is a member available who feels like answering then they might help you. Please note that most of our readers are somewhat new to this and are using this forum as a way of improving their skills. They are not professional psychics.
Binglian

Candle divinations please

Post by Binglian »

I don't know if I can get a candle divination here, but if anyone can give me a clue about what it means, I would be really appreciated. :)

Last night, I lit 3 candles and just watch them burns. I didn't really want to do a divination at this point, I don't know why, but I just grabbed them and start pouring the wax onto the plate. Afterwards, I noticed that there are 3 distinct shapes made by the wax. One shape made from the yellow candle looks exactly like a army boot. The white and green candle looks like a big head snake moving around, or a big head fish with very long tail. The wax from the white candle also solidified when poured, forming a tear shaped wax dripped vertically from the candle.

I don't really know what it means, the web said that the boot signifies travel and work. I'm not planning to travel any time soon, but I am trying to find a job lately, but have no luck. The web also said that the snake signifies evil and might signify someone who is against you. I don't really know what does that mean at this point.

I am just really confused, because the wax looks really distinct. So I wonder what do they mean?

Vesca

Re: Candle divinations please

Post by Vesca »

Snakes always represent healing and transformation to me. Perhaps you'll undergo a work-related transformation that will help you find a new job or source of income.

Becks

Post by Becks »

I like Vesca's interpretation. I see the snake in a similar light....symbol of health, rebirth and vitality.

I find symbols and divination best understood in your own context. There's the idea of what they mean to others....there's the notion of commonly held archetypes, but I tend to think of the first thing that comes to my mind when I see any symbol. For me it's about relaxing the mind and letting the ideas move across it without forcing it.

What came to your mind when you saw those symbols?

Another great method of candle scrying is to hold thick card stock a distance above the flame and move it constantly about. The soot gathers in the bottom of the card stock and creates an image. Be careful you are not trying to burn the paper; that is why thick card stock is used. For this reason it is good to keep it moving and keep it from being too close to the flame.

Binglian

Post by Binglian »

Thank you Becks and Vesca, you guys' explanation actually really does explain my situation here. I am under great pressure recently, and am really depressed due to various reasons. I vow to abandoned the old self and improve myself, making me into a better person. But I had great difficulties in doing so. I feel that there are certain resistances that prevent me from transform into my ideal self, and caused me to get stuck into my undesired self.

It actually gives me more confident hearing that snakes symbolize rebirth, not evil. I do like that definition a lot since I am trying so hard to change myself. I guess maybe it is trying to tell me that I would undergoes a transformation sometimes in the future? And maybe this is caused by my new job?

Thanks for the new method of candle divination, Becks. I never heard of this method, and I would very likely to try it out. I am just wondering, what card what you preferred in this method? Would plain playing card works?

Vesca

Post by Vesca »

It's hard to say exactly what it means as you were the diviner and it's going to read to you differently than it would to anyone else. Try to relax, meditate on the moment and on the symbols and see what pops into your head. When the right interpretation surfaces, it will just "feel right" (for lack of a better description).

Becks

Post by Becks »

Vesca's right about that.

I use thick paper like watercolour paper...you could use construction paper that is light in colour. You don't want anything with designs because you want a clear surface for the soot to gather on.

Snake energy is great energy. They literally shed old skin to renew themselves to grow and cleanse from parasites. If you have ever seen a snake that has just shed it is shiny and brilliant. It's colours are bright and sharp. This is great stuff. :)

Vesca

Post by Vesca »

They're also a wee bit creepy. I mean, look at that face!

Binglian

Post by Binglian »

Hi Vesca and Becks, thanks for your advices. I will definitely try to mediate and do the divination again later, and see what could it come up with. It's my first time getting snakes symbols, and I never thought it is good until now, thanks to Harry Potter and other stories. I guess that's a good new!

Hehe, Vesca, I love snakes. I actually think that picture is really cute! I mean, look at that innocent black eyes!

Return to “Free Reading Requests”