A plea for a reading :)

If you'd like to have a reading, you're welcome to post your question here and if there is a member available who feels like answering then they might help you. Please note that most of our readers are somewhat new to this and are using this forum as a way of improving their skills. They are not professional psychics.
smogie_michele

A plea for a reading :)

Post by smogie_michele »

I don't think I have ever asked for one, so if anyone has the time this might be interesting.

I'm looking for a pretty general reading. This October I will be moving in with my in-laws for the next six months. Though I am grateful that they are allowing us to move in with them so that we can rebuild our savings, I am a nervous wreck about it- I'm pretty uncomfortable with the whole thing.
All I am looking for is things that I may want to be mindful of during my stay with them, perhaps some advice on how to keep my relationship with them on the good side :)

Again, this is just in case any of you have the time. I would surely appreciate it :)
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

smogie_michele

Re: A plea for a reading :)

Post by smogie_michele »

I feel I should also add that I have done a few readings for myself, however I have the sneaking suspicion that I am manipulating the outcome... :P In situations like this, I don't find my cards very helpful...

PhoenixFlight

Post by PhoenixFlight »

I've sent you a PM
~that is an interesting notion, in it's own way~

Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Not a reading response per say, but from personal experience here are a few pointers (although hopefully your "landlords" aren't as mentally unhealthy as mine were).
  • :blankrune: Help out with chores. Pitch in where you can, be it dishes, vacuuming, sweeping, mowing the lawn, etc...

:blankrune: Follow their rules. Don't make waves.

:blankrune: Try to do relationship building activities when you're able (going out to dinner with them, movies, etc...)

:blankrune: Communicate regularly. Chat, small talk, and discuss things calmly and respectfully that become issues. If it's easier, approach it in a way that proposes a solution to the issue.
It may not be much comfort at all, but I'm saying it anyway. Having family support in order to maintain safe and secure shelter, and being able to save money to pay for your own house is a luxury that not everybody gets. Keep it in mind, especially if things get a little tough, and keep your focus on the long-term goal.

smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I am beyond grateful for this situation- I am completely aware that this is a luxury that I am blessed to have. I love my in laws, but mom is always on the "bit drunk" side... sometimes this makes it impossible to do anything right with her. I know she doesn't mean it, but she can get out of control and start saying awful things. I know it, my fiance knows it...
It's just stressful.
Your third point did give me an idea- perhaps instead of taking them out to to eat, make dinner for them at home? The way to someone's heart is through their stomach, yes?
Anywho, thank you both for responding!

Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I know what you mean. I've been in a similar situation with a mentally ill parent. It's not fun, but just knowing that it's a boost to help us get to a better place helped a lot with maintaining my sanity.

I would think any kind of food is a plus! :) Because... food is awesome...

6 months, you can do this! :)

Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

If you'd still like a reading I can do an oracle reading for you. And I know how you feel almost. My uncle was more than the "a bit drunk" side. He lived and died by his bottle. Gods, he would have been my hero but that one flaw. He took on too hard a task and only left pain in his wake. But anyways, I think the best thing you can do is treasure every moment ever. Just think. Its 6 whole months to spread your love and light with them! And i think making them dinner is good idea. Maybe like a family recipe if you have any. I'll send you love and light as well. If you'd like an oracle reading, I can pm it to you if you'd prefer it private. Gentle loving light you.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.

Ruth

Post by Ruth »

Ooo those are really great ideas I'd like to add a couple if it's ok...since it's their house be mindful of their habits and traditions also
Positive Thoughts and Good Vibes

Return to “Free Reading Requests”