Happy recent birthday to you. I've done a tarot reading for you, and since the outcome was good I wanted to share it with you. You should know that I have a bit of my own interpretation of some cards that may differ from the norm, and those interpretations apply in my readings.
I've done a 10 card spread. This is the lay of the cards:
1. where you are now
2. what is blocking you
3. what is the best that can be achieved on your current path
4. what is your foundation or what must you work with or through
5. what you are moving away from
6. what you are moving towards
7. another perspective on your position
8. people, events, decisions and situations around you
9. your fears
10. what will come
These are the cards I drew or you:
1. King of Pentacles
2. The Hierophant (reversed)
3. The Lovers
4. Temperance (reversed)
5. Five of Swords (reversed)
6. Six of Cups (reversed)
7. Four of Wands
8. Five of Cups
9. Death (reversed)
10. The Empress (reversed)
1. King of Pentacles:Stability and riches, coming from a place of strength and abundance. This could suggest that you currently possess the resources that you need in order to tackle your challenges, or represent someone who is a big support to you.
2. The Hierophant: You may feel the need to break free from rules and challenge the status quo, or do things that are against social norms. You don't want to accept the dogmas that surround you. You are questioning traditions and asking yourself if wat you are doing is really the right thing for you. It may indicate conflict with a parent or authority figure - someone with whom you disagree about what is right, either for the world or for you personally.
3. The Lovers: This card can represent a few things. It may suggest that you will find a soul mate to help you on life's path and with whom you will share deep love and passion. It can also represent the establishment of a personal belief system. Having moved away from the Hierophant, which directly precedes the Lovers in the deck, you will be ready to declare your own authority and know what is best for you. You will stay true to yourself and your convictions. The easy path may not be the correct path, and you will have to keep checking in with yourself to make sure you are being true to yourself. The Lovers are watched over by an angel in the clouds. Remember that this benevolent force is there, watching over you. There is true love, passion and and self-fulfillment awaiting you.
4. Temperance (reversed): Underneath the surface of your life, something is out of balance, which creates stress and tension for you. It may relate to a lack of long-term vision, as is a classic interpretation of this card presentation. At this time you should reflect on what changes you can make in your life that are loving to yourself, and which will add health and balance. Are you eating properly? Exercising? Taking care of your mental health as best you can? Perhaps with the help of a therapist, doctor or other healthcare practitioner, work on ways to ground and balance yourself. Most importantly, do it all gently and with love for yourself. The card shows an angel - the second angel to appear in your reading. Whether or not you believe in "angels" - know that benevolent forces in the Universe care for you and want you to heal, and will patiently guide you.
5. Five of Swords (reversed): You have come from a long and difficult fight, and you wish the struggle could just be over. However, you are now ready to look at the situation with fresh eyes and see opportunities for change. To move past this, you can fall back a card to the four of swords, and try as much as you can to cultivate peace and tranquility. Try to minimize external conflict in your life. You may have tried to walk away from conflict, but it continues to follow you. You could be worried (or were worried) that history would repeat itself. You may have even recently had an argument or conflict with someone.
6. Six of Cups (reversed): It seems that you may need to make peace with certain aspects of your past. There may be issues from your childhood that you will have to work through, such as painful memories or even abuse. Confronting painful past memories should be done with the help of a good therapist that you trust.
7. Four of Wands: This card suggests a happy and harmonious environment, good news, and sometimes even marriage. It is a time of celebration and meeting friends and family. This card can represent holidays, a wedding, birthday, engagement or the birth of a child. It represents an important milestone being reached, and cause to celebrate. I would look to your life as it is right now, and see what you have to celebrate and be glad for. Reach out to those you love.
8. Five of Cups: Be careful about dwelling only on the negative. There have been losses, yes, but much still remains. the card shows a man in a black cloak mourning three spilled wine cups, while turning his back on two cups that are still full. You may be having trouble letting go of mistakes you have made in the past, and focusing on your inadequacies. You are probably blaming yourself when you shouldn't. You must forgive yourself. You are likely being too hard on yourself. Learn what you can from the past, and move on.
9. Death (reversed): I will note that this card appears in the "fears" position. You may be resistant to change and afraid to move on or move forward. You may be on the verge of major, positive change, but are afraid to make that change. As a result, you may feel "stuck." Also, you may generally be afraid of the worst case scenario, but there is nothing in your reading that suggests negative things in store for you. Quite the contrary.
10. The Empress: It is my instinct to read this card both as reversed and right side up for you in this reading. The Empress in this position indicates that you will come into your own personal power as a woman and find abundance, fulfillment and joy. Hers is the path of the Great Mother, Mother Earth and the Goddess. She is sensual and deeply nurturing. On the other hand, you should be careful to make sure you are taking good care of yourself, especially in your relationships. You may have to continually take time to restore your own energies. Your past experiences may have affected your perception of yourself and whether you see yourself as "lovable." You may at times doubt your inner beauty. However you will be able to draw on your own personal power and beliefs to find strength and love for yourself. Just be patient, kind with yourself, and work to cultivate balance.
I hope this was interesting or helpful! The reading seems to suggest that you should not focus so much on "why" something is, and mostly just address how to help it. Life gives us all different cards to deal with, and I'm not sure there is always a reason. No life is without pain, although some must deal with more pain than others. One gift of hardship is that it carves out places within you that can later be filled with joy. I would recommend this section "on joy and sorrow" from Kalil Ghibran's The Prophet:
Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
And how else can it be?
The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.
Is not the cup that hold your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?
And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?
When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
Some of you say, "Joy is greater than sorrow," and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater."
But I say unto you, they are inseparable.
Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.
Verily you are suspended like scales between your sorrow and your joy.
Only when you are empty are you at standstill and balanced.
When the treasure-keeper lifts you to weigh his gold and his silver, needs must your joy or your sorrow rise or fall.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Blessings to you,
Every word is a spell. Be careful what you cast.