How can someone be a Christian Witch?

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: How can someone be a Christian Witch?

Post by SpiritTalker »

"The one passage about not letting a witch suffer to live, is really talking about poison makers ..."

Yeh, the translated term was "venafica" which means poisoner. The KJV changed it to witch.

Consider the Pow Wow path
Research “Pow Wow“ https://www.sacred-texts.com/ame/pow/index.htm
Shireside

Post by Shireside »

There's a few more verses that perhaps more explicitly condemn witchery as we know it.

Leviticus 20:27
'Now a man or a woman who is a medium or a spiritist shall surely be put to death."

Deuteronomy 18:10-11
"There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer,
or one who casts a spell, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead."

Etc, etc.
The map is not the territory, the facet is not the jewel.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

The OT followers of Yahweh did seem intent on stamping out the pagan practices common to the people of the districts they moved through when establishing the laws for their own.

I've always wondered how JC got around that intent when he summoned Lazarus from his tomb. He said he did it to illustrate a point & It apparently worked out well for Lazarus.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Christianity and Islam share common roots from the tribes of Abraham. Both have been the cause of wars and acts of inhumanity for thousands of years. Nobody of either faith wants to talk about burning the Libraries of Alexandria, the killing of Pagans across Europe and Renaissance men of science and philosophy, Knights Templar killing Muslims and raiding treasures of the Middle East, the Inquisitions and the burning times, not to mention destruction of many native cultures,beliefs and practices. There are no great mysteries in the Bible or Koran, nothing of value just myths that befuddle the minds of intelligent people. Take a look at http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/ ("The Movie 2007".
How is it there is no archeological evidence of anything. Not even the existence of Jesus can be traced to records of domicile, tax records, etc. His name is scribed on nothing not even a tomb whereas many other notables of that time and place are recorded. Where is just one Holy relic?
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Zeitgeist has been debunked.

Pagans weren't knowing to be quite peaceful either. The Romans pretty much tried to conquer everyone and you had to swear to the god emperor or be killed. Rape was a common thing across ancient pagan cultures and laws against it are more of a modern thing.

In fact Abrahamic religion stems from paganism directly. It never existed in a vacuum. The Israelites were pretty much Canaanites. Modern pagans love to talk about all the holidays, rituals, saints/gods, etc Abrahamics took from them, but then act as though violent terrible acts never existed before then.

Also, witch hunts were conducted secularly too. It's a mistake to say it's all the church. Likewise passages to burning witches can be traced to ancient Babylonia which is not Abrahamic at all. Pagans persecuted witches too. Hindus even still kill witches in rural India and it has absolutely nothing to do with Abrahamic religion. They did that by themselves.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Man's inhumanity to man is a misnomer. Go look in the mirror at our humanity. Two forward facing, stereoscopic eyes and look deeper into them and see the "high" intelligence and "low" animal cunning. Somebody can sanitize this afterwards because of their moral highground. If I was the type, I would be so cross with them for it. You my sanitize the words. You may ignore them. That's a load of FUDGE!!! Nobody, not one bl00dy one of us has any right to try for the moral highground when your looking to find it with the eyes and brain of a predator. If you think you can't kill, it's just because you've never been in a situation that has pushed you far enough. Sorry Lilith you are much to civilized to say what needs to be said about a situation that needs to devolve to reality instead of aspire to the better angels we are trying to become. We have at least a million bl00dy years on our paws. Don't try to sugar coat it. If you lie about where you are coming from you will lose sight of where you want to go. I am so fudging sick of the they did, we didn't, or at least not as bad farce that most people want to justify the actions of their so saintly blameless group, that I could puke my guts out until I have the dry heaves. I have a very strong stomach. I won't lie and try to tell you I'm not one of "those" who is without bl00d on my hands. I know what the heck I'm talking about. I'm not proud of it, nor am I ashamed. I hope the multiverse has forgiven me. Someday I hope to forgive myself. And the reality is you tell yourself it was needed and more good came of it then bad and you pray your, in your limited predators understanding, right. Maybe that's the one hope we have. We're evolving. We're growing. Stop trying to lie about it.
edit:I said some expletive deleted moral highgrounder would delete my expletives and leave the violence references.
Shireside

Post by Shireside »

This topic sure did derail. Who was hopping the moral high ground, now? All Lilith said was that pagan cultural groups did an awful lot of raping, pillaging, and murdering in their day in the sun, as well.
:roll:
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Shireside wrote:This topic sure did derail. Who was hopping the moral high ground, now? All Lilith said was that pagan cultural groups did an awful lot of raping, pillaging, and murdering in their day in the sun, as well.
:roll:
Right. Actually, we have gotten less violent as humanity gains more and more technology. There could be a number of factors for that, the removal of ignorance is certainly one of them.

My point was, that pointing fingers and attacking religions is not necessary. Christian witches exist and have existed for centuries, they will continue. Most religions have a history of sacrifice and violence, so this doesn't mean that meaning cannot be applied to those adherents who find it in modern non-violent and practical applications through interpretations we have now. Most Christians are NOT violent people as of now anyway, so it's an irrelevant point used to incite confrontation and attack, on a subject that is about modern Christian witches.

It's a bit like saying I can't claim an ethnic group because my ancestors were violent. When the modern group is completely peaceful. :annoyed:

If anything, I would be mad at the church itself, but not the religion itself.

Also, I have no idea what Planewalker is talking about. :-?
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

I believe that was in referencing the post before The Lady Lilith's that was denigrating Christianity and holding Paganism up as somehow superior. I'm part AmerInd so I've looked at it from both sides. I get to call George Washington hero and savior of the country. I also get to call him town burner and destroyer of my nation. I think what I said made a valid important point in the text and sub-text of this discussion.And the way it was phrased really ticked me right off. I didn't care for the attack on Christianity being camafouged behind mention of Abraham and Islam. If your going to use this thread as an attack on the religion then have the stones and crystals to stand up on your hind legs and be up front. I don't do false flag operations. This is the discussion of religious ethics. When a pitbull bites without need it is being a bully. anything else I have to say I will be more then happy to continue in conflict resolution.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I have some concerns on the intent behind what this topic can express in the question " How can someone be a ... (insert qualifying term) ... Witch?". When it comes down to pay dirt, since when do people have to justify what beliefs they choose to practice in their own lives? Is there a need for all Wiccans or witchcrafters to be cookie cutter replicas? It seems to me that historically, diversity within a community strengthens the community's hope of survival.

Example Research “Pow Wow“ https://www.sacred-texts.com/ame/pow/index.htm
Shireside

Post by Shireside »

I suppose a better way to phrase the question would be "How do Christian practicioners of witchcraft reconcile their lifestyle with their doctrines?" ...But thread topics should be kept concise. Looking back at the first post, this is pretty much what the topic started as; an honest inquiry of how folks blend these two seemingly conflicting worlds, not a call for folks to try and justify their beliefs against a judgemental crowd.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yeh, i went back to the OP to get the purpose of the inquiry. I didn't think originally it was bashing, and it is hard to keep it that way and express a philosophy without it coming out judgmentally.

Now I have a different bend on the thought, in that It seems to me that every society has had a ban on witchcraft amongst common people, especially when it crosses over to what we term supernatural. When and how did it become desirable to keep craftwise knowledge away from the people? I always wonder "why" exterminate the practitioners? Well, to kill the root of the knowledge, probably. Why? who benefits? I suppose it's not appropriate to the current topic, but it sure seems like the cause behind the question.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

The religious segment of Zeitgeist was not debunked. It was the comments about 9-11. In the course of training at Langley we get a double dose of religion because of it's negative impact on history. I have personally studied documents secreted from the Vatican library that prove the mythological origin and political purpose of Christianity. All I shall comment on those who think themselves Christian Witches is that they have a very long road yet to travel. Religion is a self serving behemoth. Christian institutions in America have a net worth of 1.6 trillion dollars and they pay no taxes and do very little to walk their talk other then build edifices to themselves, weasel into affairs of State and stifle scientific research.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Shireside

Post by Shireside »

I'd drink to that.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Triple that.

And having been said, ya' just can't discount the power of belief.

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”