Spiritual or Religious which are we?

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
Shekinah

Spiritual or Religious which are we?

Post by Shekinah »

Very difficult to entertain this subject without offending people. Sorry if I step on toes but we who seek a higher degree of Spirituality as a way of life should give this some thought. Also this is a study of responses to help assess the current state of human reason.

There are many profound truths ignored by the preponderance of humanity that would set mankind free from the tyranny, deception and illusions of the worlds dangerous belief systems. Virtually everyone has been hardwired into a prevailing belief system. From birth we have been groomed by parents, the education system, churches and government to not only be voracious consumers and compliant citizens but also to reject a newfound truth when it conflicts with long held beliefs. When logic and assimilated dogma supersedes intuition we are likely to be mistaken.

In the current world order there are many things global society has been forbidden to know. The very foundation of our order is historically erroneous representing the corrupt agenda of power elites who wish to keep the multitudes steeped in ignorance and under their dominance. An enlightened populace would never tolerate the rule of such a devious power structure.

From the beginning of civilization there arose powerful belief systems that were fabricated myth perpetrated to control the populace by fear and intimidation of the wrath of vengeful gods and the possibility of eternal damnation or reward.
The ancient Egyptian priesthood were among the first to use religion as a tool to manipulate the people. The sacred books of today's three most popular religions are primarily embellished script plagiarized from the Egyptian "Book of the Dead". There are many correspondences, one is the Ten Commandments attributed to Moses which are word for word identical to that scribed 1500 years earlier in the Book of the Dead. I will refrain from listing many other correspondences as not to upset many believers of the faith.

Religion remains a potent, problematic and dangerous tool to facilitate subjugation of the people. The religious are predictable, malleable and most likely to discount scientific fact. The church welds a powerful influence over political issues, election results and seeks to overthrow the edict of our founding fathers to demand separation of church and State. For the love a God Judeo-Christianity and Islam are toying with Armageddon. Religion is an impediment to Spirituality. One need not be religious to become spiritual. The Witch "shuts out heaven with a dome more vast"
Beyond brick and mortar edifices the Witch creates Sacred Space, opens inter-dimensional portals and boldly walks between worlds to establish a presence in the realm of Spirit.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
SapphireRoad

Re: Spiritual or Religious which are we?

Post by SapphireRoad »

(I had to edit this post away, let's just say it didn't fit in to code of conduct for being too intolerant)
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
BlackMirror

Post by BlackMirror »

I am both. I am a witch who has a religion. There are gods and goddess who are not only fine with but encourage it and are helpful with craft work. People are good or bad with our without religion. It's not something I gauge a person on immediately.
MizLynn3

Post by MizLynn3 »

I’ve been reincarnating as a witch for a loonnnggg time.
I was punished for healing naturally. This life, I step into myself fully and embrace who I am and what gifts I can offer the world.
I believe in 1 creator GOD, but the GODS n GODDESSES of old were archetypes. A way of simple explanation to pass along the knowledge of our ancestors.
I feel blessed to remember it an still stand on my own strength n power. Knowing I am helping Mother Earth move higher into a higher vibrational state.
Religion IMO is a trap. Keep others blind. But it is their choice. Free will. Can’t mess with that.
Just know who you are and be blessed.

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”