Holidays

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
One Witchy Mom

Holidays

Post by One Witchy Mom »

As Christian and Witch how do you observe this time of year? We celebrate Yule, Christmas, and La Befana or 3 Kings days. It is a busy time, actually it the celebrating starts at Samhain and does not stop till after La Befana Day (Day of Epiphany). :flyingwitch:

What do you do for the holidays on a blended path?
Kassandra

Re: Holidays

Post by Kassandra »

I love your signature line: "The Multi-Cultural, Multi- Spiritual, Multi-Crazy Mom!"

I can relate. :)
One Witchy Mom

Post by One Witchy Mom »

Thank you! Life is a whirlwind at times in my life. Especially at the Holidays.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

We will be burning the Yule log and drinking from the Cauldron of rebirth on the 21st, but when my Mom comes we will celebrate Christmas eve (even though she is an atheist...it's more of a family tradition than a religious one) There will be a party for the Lord of Misrule, then...even though I don't subscribe to the notion it is unlucky to keep your decorations up after the twelfth night (the Epiphany), I tend to put them away on that day anyway, and it is a magical 28 days until Imbolc for whence any remaining Yule greens should be burned. smiley_dance
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
azriel

Post by azriel »

I celebrate Yule tomorrow, and then my family is Catholic so Christmas is celebrated on the 24th , then New Years, and then we celebrate the Three Kings on January 6th. It is interesting though because I am the only strict Pagan in the family, but my mother prefers the "Witchy" traditions for New Years (those are her words).

Blessings
Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
One Witchy Mom

Post by One Witchy Mom »

Thanks to everyone for sharing. We also celebrate Winter Solstice with spiral dance, then Xmas eve, then Xmas Day , La Befana''s Day and Three Kings. It is a lot to do and keep track of, but I say we are making memories.

I make tamales and traditional Christmas soup called Posole at my house and we do something called La Posadas, then we have seafood on Xmas eve, Turkey dinner at moms on XMas day, and of course Anise cookies for La Befana and Three Kings Bread...all that and my son's bday is on the 23rd too!

I am running of Monster and Coffee! Happy Holidays to everyone and Be Blessed!

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”