Bad vibes in witch store??

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
Truthseeker

Bad vibes in witch store??

Post by Truthseeker »

Has anyone else had any similar experiences? Yesterday I visited two different shopps to show my healing-stone jewelry. In the first one as soon as I walked in the atmosphere hit me as soon as I crossed the threshold. It was like walking out of an air conditioned building into sweltering heat. It was almost smothering and it did NOT feel good. The proprietress was very nice and welcoming but the vibrations in there were overwhelming. The second shop was also a witchy store but the atmosphere was warm and welcoming, cozy and comfortable, and I didn't want to leave,( LOL- I told the owners I could just move in and live there! They laughed and said they did- upstairs :) ) Could this be due to my empath abilities. The first was strictly a witch shop, the second a new age, gems and crystals, and witch shop.
Any feedback?
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Re: Bad vibes in witch store??

Post by Starwitch »

Well I can tell you my experience with a lot of the people who email me about witchcraft. Many of the people who are looking for spells are desperate, angry, vengeful people who want to harm others or they are obsessed losers who want to force someone else into a relationship. So these are definitely not well-adjusted or kind people. :evil: When you think of how many of those types of people would be visiting a purely-occult shop, you can imagine where the negative energy would come from. Also, you never know... the owner of the shop may be the same way, or she may be performing black magick spells for customers OR she may be one of those psychic con artists - all of those would create bad energy for her shop. (or maybe there's just a DEMON lurking about lol). I definitely find New Age people and shops to have better overall energy than the majority of occult shops do. There are just way too many disturbed people who are drawn to the occult.
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Thank you Starwitch. That was kind of what I thought too. As a matter of fact I have picked up on the same kind of energy on other witchy/pagan websites. Some are good, some I definitely know- 'I don't like it, don't need to be here'. It is a shame to that so many people like that are drawn to witchcraft, THAT is what stereotypes us so badly.It is nearly impossible to convince people we're NOT standing over a bubbling cauldron throwing out curses to the winds, or secretly putting whammies on anyone who glances our way.
Peaceful Soul

Post by Peaceful Soul »

For ages the Christians have persecuted us, tried to rule the world, and done much worse. Now that we live in a day of religious freedom we can finally come 'out of the broom closet'. Many are still afraid because of all the false accusations. A lot of whiches were persecuted because a fly flew in the room the day the came into a town. But now there is religious freedom, we can say, "I am a proud Wiccan" and it would be legal. Sadly that also leaves room for the occultists. Most occultists and occult shops have bad vibes, and I always pick up a very dark aura (no mean to brag, but me and my aunt can both read auras really well). Most new age shops are the opposite. I am personally against any type of magick that is for personal gain, revenge, hatred, lust, etc. I have had to turn many people down because they wanted me to perform black magick for them. Point is, you have to be careful and trust your instincts, Normally they will be correct, especially when you pick up bad or evil vibes. Just be careful what you do and what you wish for, because there are people out there that will still use that against you.

Come to think of it, that was less on the post and more advice for actions. Oh well, still very much needed advice wherever you are and whoever reads this post.

Have a wounderful day, and Blessed Be!
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

People do not understand tha dofference between occult and witchcraft.
Peaceful Soul

Post by Peaceful Soul »

They do not, and it can get rather annoying with the ones who accuse you of being 'Satan Worshipers' when satan was a manifestation of Christians to tell us that we are evil. If you look, mankind has been practicing some form of witchcraft since before biblical times, and even God himself was capable of performing miracles, and Jesus talks about the breaking of bread and drinking of wine to cleanse ourselves through him, just as we would a spell or ritual. You don't see people saying he is a 'Satan Worshiper,' do you? Because I surely do not, unless I am wrong.
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

The new age shop in Rotterdam I visit often because it has a very nice feel, I can just sit there for hours on end reading their books but thats because they kept everything really balanced and they cleanse it at the end of the day and make sure to preserve the calm atmosphere.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Its funny his come up because just the day before the post above about satan worshippers was posted I had a similar conversation with my neighbor. He bought on of my healing-stone necklaces a few weeks ago and we were talking about it, when somehow, and I really don't know how it came up, but he said I creeped him out sometimes. (?) Anyway I told him that I am Christo-pagan. (I guess we were talking about things people believe in-) and he said, "now- wait- how is that possible, I mean don't one kind of cancel the other one out??" And it gave me the opportunity to clear up that 'pagan' doesn't mean satan worshipper. He really thought it was one and the same until I told him the difference. He SAID he understood--anyway, LOL, he didn't run screaming out of my house. I felt like it was a small victory. I DIDN"T tell him I am a witch, he WOULD have probably. For now he just thinks I am very strange :D :D
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Another misconception, one a few of you seem to have, is of Satanists. Some Satanists don't even recognize Satan as a deity or being, but instead the carnal nature of man. Basically functioning as a glorified Hedonism. They take pleasure from pleasure, which may seem strange to some faiths like Christianity, which sets so many restrictions, even Wicca with many of its restrictions. While you may not agree with some of the strange 'pleasures' they partake in, I would hardly call it evil. In fact, it probably mimics more closely some of the Greek celebrations than Wiccans would following the Greek Pantheon.

As far as the store is concerned, perhaps it was a strong energy you were familiar with. If you rarely work in the occult or dark arts, sometimes the energy can be a little overwhelming. Not necessarily evil, just a bit... strong, if you understand what I mean.
Skye Shadowstone

Post by Skye Shadowstone »

I don't believe Satanism becomes 'evil' until you come across the small minority of those who take part in sacrificial torture/rape/killings, though even that could only be considered evil if the sacrifice was not a willing one. And I actually can imagine some believing it's an honor to be the sacrifice. Like with the Aztecs.

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”