What things should I learn first?

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
Truthseeker

What things should I learn first?

Post by Truthseeker »

I am witch. Ok, I have established this fact and own what I am and this is good. I have been exploring myself and this path now for about a year. I am what I am and have always been. A 'soul-witch' or 'heriditary witch'- whatever you want to label it. I am a follower of the teachings of Jesus so I guess that also makes me Christian witch, I want some guidance, knowledge of the craft. What things do I need to know first, what things do I need to learn and study first to be a good practicing witch? Don't tell me anything about 'can't be a christian-witch'... I want to know beginner basics. I know my inate abilities- I just don't know anything about the technical stuff and how to use it.Right now I am going solely on intuition and 'knowing' and 'harm none' and it seems to be working but there is knowledge to be had, needed. ChristianWitchcraft 101 Help?
AutumnMaidens

Re: What things should I learn first?

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Well the things I would suggest to anyone starting out on the spiritual path is to read anything you can get your hands on.
Drawing circles are one of the base things you will learn in magick working, than you have symbolism, divination, herbals etc. So depending on what you want to learn you can look it up or ask a more specific question.

Bless
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Thanks. Seems like casting circles is the first thing that I've been drawn to.That and gemstones and crystals for healing.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Christian Witchin’ 101...😁

Build Basic Skills with Daily practice
. Energy Practice - make psi-balls between your hands: pull power on the breath to the solar plexus; think it and push thru the palms👏🏽; move hands back & forth; you’ll feel a subtle pushback of energy; shake hands off to clear; grounding visualization
. Meditate with candle-flame gazing 🕯👀 for 20-min daily; Park the mind and deep breathe
. Greet Sol☀️, Gaia🌎 and the 🌬winds N,E,S,W Boreas, Eurus, Notos & Zephyrus
. Greet the genius loci spirit-of-the-place & leave 💦🍞 friendship offerings
. Meditate in full moon light; make Moon-Lite Elixir with H2O & quartz in moonlight
. Use your own prayer practices and extend your empathic senses
. Print out a moon phase calendar

Prep your workspace
. Your home altar - Set the vibe with meditation before setting up gear. Purify the table with holy💦water, bless with incense🥢, anoint (dab-&-wipe with💧oil) to hold a psychic charge, then 🙌🏽 magnetize with energy.
. Cast a simple circle - start & end @N or E; 🔄 spritz Holy💦Water to purify; light🥢incense; pull power on the breath to your solar plexus, point-and-push👉🏼 to cast a ↩️ circle.
. Altar set up
🕯 . . . ✝️ . . . 🕯
💎🕯🎆
🧂💦. . 📖 . . 💧 🥢
Holidays for Christian Witches
. Solstices mark the light & dark halves of the year - the light half when hours of daylight lengthen & Nature begins to renew🌞, & the dark half when night-time hours lengthen & Nature begins dying-off 🌚. Solstices are the birthdates of 🌞Jesus (Dec 25) & 🌚John the Baptist (Jun 24); John & Jesus we’re both sacrificed (John beheaded & Jesus crucified). Jesus called himself the bread of life. The wheat🌾 from which bread is made is both a Pagan & Christian symbol of life, death & rebirth.
. Equinoxes are times of equal day & night hours. Lady Day(Mar 25) recalls the Annunciation when the Angel Gabriel announced Jesus’s conception to Mary. Easter on the 1st Sunday after the 1st full moon following the Spring Equinox. Michaelmas (Sep 29)is the feast of Archangel St Michael & venerates all angels; historically it is the end of the harvest celebration.

Spells
. A Christian Witch probably would pray to The Father-Mother God and petition intercession of Angels & Saints as needed with offerings of prayers, Psalms or Bible verses
. Make an Angels & Saints reference list - associated patronage, prayers, symbols, colors, dates
. Herbs, incense, oils uses - 🌺 scents for love, 🍋 cleanse,🌲prosperity, 🌶🧄Protection; Grow your own herbs & flowers
. Color uses - 🔴🟠 stimulates, 🟡🟢 sustains, 🔵🟣 relaxes conditions

Planetary correspondences
. Begin spells on the weekday associated with the intent & use relevant color accents
🟡Sunday (Sun), leadership, health, advice
⚪️Monday (Moon), marriage, family, psychic endeavors
🔴Tuesday (Mars), conflict, legal matters
🔷Wednesday (Mercury), light blue-aqua, communication, education, divination
🔵Thursday (Jupiter), finances, job, prosperity, protection
🟢Friday (Venus), love, allure, fertility
⚫️Saturday (Saturn), black or dark blue; endings, banishings

.🕯Candles- cleanse the candle with Holy💦Water, anoint with💧oil, 👏🏽 charge with the intention, place in a holder & lite; offer prayers, Bible verses or Psalms. Petition & Sigil papers can be placed under-neath a candle or stone & place crystals, holy cards or relic medals alongside; Let a candle burn itself out & dispose of spent stubs 🚮
FYI - Candle burn times: birthday 15 min., chime 90-minutes; dinner-table tapers 1-inch per hour; tea-lites 2-4 hrs & votives 10-15 hrs; vigil 5-7 days
. 🔡 Sigils: write intent in a few words; cross out vowels (a,e,i,o,u) & duplicate consonants; make an artsy hieroglyph of remaining letters, draw a circle ⭕️ around it & ✂️cut it out; anoint & magnetize 👏🏽
. 📝Petitions: write Intent in a few words on 3-4” paper; rotate paper 1/4 turn & over-write intent with recipient’s name; rotate 1/4 turn & over-write all with the Bible verse or Psalm number; anoint with oil; magnetize 🙌🏽
. 🪨Stone Stroking - use any smoothed stone that fits your palm; stroke the stone as you sway your body & repeat an incantation or chant, ex.,”stone to stone, bone to bone, vein to vein, flesh to flesh, (name) is whole again.
.🫖 Potions - Celestial Seasons’ herb teas are magically useful; Twining’s Sleepy Time chamomile tea relaxes; Bigelow’s Constant Comment tea clears negative energies. Enjoy teas as beverages, potions & aerosols.
. 🧿 Hex Removal - a standard formula is cleanse, bless, seal. What you're cleansing is the aura, the light body's emanations extending a few inches beyond the body, to remove any attached psychic sludge & ill wishing.
1. Cleanse with Holy 🧂💦water mist in a spray bottle, moving downward head to foot to ground the psychic sludge, include palms of hands & soles of feet; 2. bless by smudging head-to-toe with thyme or myrrh incense while speaking a positive affirmation - “N is now blessed by holy ☀️ light in the names of the +Father-Mother, +Son & +Holy Spirit"; 3. seal by pulling power on the breath to the solar plexus; think of the intent to shield 🛡 & push thru the hands directly into their aura, moving head-to-feet; 4. repeat once a week for a month or so until a change is felt.

Do It Yourself
. DIY holy water: bless salt and water in the names of the (+)Father/Mother, (+)Son & (+)Holy Spirit with the intent to dispel harm; then combine 3 pinches of salt into 1/4 Cup water (+) and bottle it
. DIY holy oil - combine a pinch of blessed salt with 1 Tbsp lite olive oil; bless (+,+,+) and add a fragrance oil. Oil transfers & holds your intention-energy to whatever you dab it on.

Tips -
. Always dilute essential oils; 5-💧 EO to 1-tsp almond or olive carrier oil
. Learn to smother a fire before lighting one
. Know how to banish before you summon
. Always thank & fare-well who you call on
. Never burn poisonous ☠️ plants

. . . . .

EUTM Posts to check out
Candle Magic with Psalms
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=36487

Magical Use of Candles in Christian Home book review & highlights
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=39015

Book suggestions
The Magical Use of Candles in the Christian Home by Agostino Taumaturgo
Forbidden Magic Spells from the Bible by Jessica Springfield
Candle Magic with the Psalms by William Oribello
Powers of the Psalms by Anna Riva
Therapeutic Touch book by Delores Kreiger, & healing website

barker

Post by barker »

Get clear on what you want, then, seek and find the ways to do just that. The wiccan knowledge is good, but actually, magic can be done just as properly by affirming "I will". You probably develop your own unique methods as you go. And of course, have fun.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Christian mysticism used to be more common than the pagan variety a couple of centuries ago. Many great occult works exists such as Cornelius Agrippa's books. I would suggest looking to old occult writers. There is also brujeria in Mexico and Powwow up north to look to.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”