'so mote it be'... ?

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
new truth seeker

'so mote it be'... ?

Post by new truth seeker »

Duh. Sometimes I'm a little slow, but it just occurred to me that when christians pray they always end their prayers with "amen" (the word means "so be it") So what's the difference? I was a christian for 35+ years. In ministry for almost 30. I'm still a beleiver but I don't really want to be associated with what passes for christianity . If you ask me they could do well to take a look at the actions and attitudes of witches- they so much more seem to be like Jesus than your average bible thumping (hateful/ i.e- 'hate-filled) christian. Christlike- I don't think so.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

The word Amen ( or ; ; آمين, ’Āmīn ; "So be it; truly") is a declaration of affirmation found in the Hebrew Bible and New Testament. Its use in Judaism dates back to its earliest texts. It has been generally adopted in Christian worship as a concluding word for prayers and hymns. ...
Though i also believe what Earth Wolf has said it is true.

But yes, the majority of christians, and indeed christianity, is a hateful religion.
Robert L

Re: 'so mote it be'... ?

Post by Robert L »

There's enough variations within Christianity itself with wording, I'd say go with what works for you.
Going to be offline from 1 Feb to 1 March. (playing Army in LA)
See you all when I get back. :)

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”