I am sick of Christians preaching at us

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
Aleana

Post by Aleana »

StarWitch wrote:Hi Miss Molly,

Yes, it's true in the real world, sometimes we have to tolerate people like that, but luckily on this forum, I have the final say and if some Christian is babbling about stuff that none of us want to hear about, I can just delete their posts (as can the other moderators.) :) It's nice to have control somewhere, especially since it seems the Christians control the whole country (the U.S, that is.)
If you want to get technical, Amen means precisely the same thing as So Mote It Be.
akumaxkami

Post by akumaxkami »

I really don't understand the hostility between Christians and Pagans everywhere I go. We're all just human, we all perceive the divine differently and our puny little human brains can't possibly fully comprehend the spiritual so why can't we all just agree to disagree?
Sage50

Re: I am sick of the Christians on this site...can't pagans

Post by Sage50 »

Dubh I feel you man I don't like people telling me how to think myself. I just would like to say i am Christian but I am here to learn, not to preach. What I have learn is my views of religion are the same as Black doves and I am so greatful to have found this web site, so please for my sake and the sake of others who may find themselves here, forgive those young children and adults who come here for a witch hunt; I am sorry for you fustration and return to you peace and jeabulent.
When Time is at it pivotal; all answers will be spoken; all tongues will be silent; all hearts will be joyful; all will come to past; even as it is ending it shall be beginning so let it be.
Lunablue Eyes

Post by Lunablue Eyes »

I don't like getting preached at either. But what can I say it doesn't matter if we're Christians, Wiccans, Witches although some people may think other wise. We're all human and we all make mistakes. I use to be a Christian. But being a Christian it didn't feel right to me. I wanted to find something that felt right for me to believe in. And when I found this sight back in January I wanted to learn about Witchcraft and Paganism. I wanted to find something that was more intune with nature. And if it wasn't for finding this sight I wouldn't be here. It's like I said we're all human. And we're no different from one another. We do have different beliefs and we all look different but we are all still the same in a way. We all live on the same Earth, have the same Sun, the same Moon, we all have the right to Live Life for life itself is beautiful thing after all, we all even breathe the same air. We all have our different beliefs, different views, and different opinions on almost every other topic. We all mistakes. If we as humans didn't make any mistakes then we wouldn't be human. If Christians start preaching at you don't waste your time. I have no problems with Christians all that much anymore. But still we're all human and human's make mistakes. I hope I got a good point across. And if I offended anyone I appoligize. :)

Blessed Be!

~Lunablue~
Sage50

Post by Sage50 »

Luna you said you were a Christian once. I am stugging here because I have given myself to christ and as i have said many times I am faithful so I have to ask and if you don't want to answer it is fine I am in no way tring to make you change your mind I am hoping you can help me though your experiences. How did you solve the problem of Christ and the pagan gods? I mean you have to worshop one or the other so how did you decide? I realize I am put you on the spot so don't answer unless you want too or you can do it in private, but can you help me?
When Time is at it pivotal; all answers will be spoken; all tongues will be silent; all hearts will be joyful; all will come to past; even as it is ending it shall be beginning so let it be.
Lunablue Eyes

Post by Lunablue Eyes »

It's ok. I'm happy to answer that question. What helped me deicide was looking at what I have learned about people and Christians. But what helped me was how bad Christians treated people and judging them where they came from how they dressed. I use to be Christian. I'm not saying that all Christians are bad. Just certain ones. And when I realized that the I wanted to follow something that i could believe in that had to do with Nature. And as in for Choosing the Pagan Gods I choose The One God and the One Goddess of the Wiccan religion. But I'm not Wiccan nor Pagan. I'm just me. When I choose my path I felt more grounded than I was when I was Christian. I decided what was right for me. Song have you looked into Christian Witchcraft? But yeah. I feel more grounded now than I was Christian.
Victoria Mnemosyne

Post by Victoria Mnemosyne »

I find it sad how quickly people who demand tolerance from Christians will try to persecute. How are Christians any different from us? Yes, preachy stuff is annoying. Ignore or delete preachy posts. Not just from Christians. Who wants to hear a Wiccan preach to a pagan about how their path is wrong? Who wants a Druid who preaches to a Kemetic? Tolerance MUST go *all ways*. I say, let the Christians stay. The more they learn about us, their ignorance will decrease, and ignorance is what breeds hate and fear.
Ula

Post by Ula »

Victoria Mnemosyne wrote:I find it sad how quickly people who demand tolerance from Christians will try to persecute. How are Christians any different from us? Yes, preachy stuff is annoying. Ignore or delete preachy posts. Not just from Christians. Who wants to hear a Wiccan preach to a pagan about how their path is wrong? Who wants a Druid who preaches to a Kemetic? Tolerance MUST go *all ways*. I say, let the Christians stay. The more they learn about us, their ignorance will decrease, and ignorance is what breeds hate and fear.
:D
mist

Post by mist »

Song_Bird wrote:Luna you said you were a Christian once. I am stugging here because I have given myself to christ and as i have said many times I am faithful so I have to ask and if you don't want to answer it is fine I am in no way tring to make you change your mind I am hoping you can help me though your experiences. How did you solve the problem of Christ and the pagan gods? I mean you have to worshop one or the other so how did you decide? I realize I am put you on the spot so don't answer unless you want too or you can do it in private, but can you help me?
Do you know about Gnostic Christianity?
LittleBit1309

Post by LittleBit1309 »

I agree completely. I don't understand why Christians come to this site to pester pagans. What good comes from it?!
"Oh, ONE person disagrees with what I firmly believe in. So OBVIOUSLY, I must change my religion!"
This aggrivates me to a point that I cannot describe. :shock: People need to learn to respect ALL religions outside their own.
Lunablue Eyes

Post by Lunablue Eyes »

Yes Christians can be a bit judgemental. But not all of them are bad. Some Christians on this site want to learn. I was Christian before I became a witch. I'm not defending the Christians but along with other religions are other people who feel the same way. Everyone has their own belief. I also believe that no one is better than another person. I believe that we are all created eqaul with equal rights. Pagans are no better than Christians and Christians are no better than Pagans. In my eyes we're all human. Some people who are Christians do have good values along with good morals actually. All of my bros are Christian and they don't judge me or shun me out because I'm a witch. Everyone has their own views, their own voice, their own opinon if you will. And as long as the Christians aren't stirring any trouble and are willing to learn I would say let them stay. Just because one Christian is bad does that mean all of them are bad? Every religion has bad people. Does that make everyone a bad person? I say let the Christians stay as long as there is no flaming firing arguing going on.

~Lunablue~
LittleBit1309

Post by LittleBit1309 »

I don't mean that pagans or better... or anything like that. Alot of people I care about are christian, and I'm perfectly content with it. They found something to invest their faith in, and so did I. My Grandpa is a preacher in his community church, and I love him to death! It just bugs me when I'm "being preached at". I was also a christian before I became pagan.
Lunablue Eyes

Post by Lunablue Eyes »

I didn't say you said that pagans were better I was just using that as an example. But if I offended you in anyway I do appoligize. I hate getting preached at as well. I get preached at day in and day out. But I do appolize if i offended you in anyway.

Brightest Blessings,
~Lunablue~
Sage50

Post by Sage50 »

Hey Guys It is OK I am not here too preach to you I am hear because of a friend who is wicca and she open my eyes to how Christians used pagan the religion to too get pagans into christian churches and the ones who did were killed so I am not about to push any religion on anybody.
I don't believe you can be A christian witch although I have found out that there are some in my old church. I have heard of the Gnostic Christians but i can't say i understand what that is. I just want the chance to be able to make this chance to Wicca It is not easy to find out your religion is put together just to control a kingdom or what ever they were trying to do Imagine if can what it is like to be in my shoes. I have left my church who claimed that they loved me and cared for me Has lifted a finger try and talk me out of this I mean if i am going to burn in hell you would think they would do something but they will not even talk to me I guess they afraid Iam going to spread a disease or something idk.
mist

Post by mist »

Song_Bird wrote: I have heard of the Gnostic Christians but i can't say i understand what that is.
The Gnostics were the original Christians, the first followers of Christ.

The very first group of people whom Jesus talked to - those are the Gnostics. Jesus told them about God and ALSO told them about reincarnation and meditation (magic) and spirituality. That's how some people call themselves Christian witches. They follow the REAL message of Christ (which was taken out of the Bible by Constantine and others to subdue and control the masses).

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”