Christianity

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Christianity

Post by SpiritTalker »

BlueRose,you might find some interest in reading on Christo-Pagan topics or YouTube vids.
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

SpiritTalker wrote:BlueRose,you might find some interest in reading on Christo-Pagan topics or YouTube vids.
Thank you for that recommendation, sounds like a great idea :)
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Hermeticism and this site are also full of Christo-pagan resources:
http://www.esotericarchives.com
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

Lady_Lilith wrote:Hermeticism and this site are also full of Christo-pagan resources:
http://www.esotericarchives.com
Thank you so much for sharing this with me :)
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Bluerose31 wrote:
Mr Crowley wrote:More words of love/dove/flowers: exterminating 7 billion people in the harm-none, religious-quest for goodness. How does this compare to the evil preached in church?

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 35912.html

I'm third generation of religious free, no religious influence in my childhood formative years, and I don't do religion at any level. ((( By the way, Wicca is a religion))), many of its followers are worse than Jehovah Witnesses.

Blue: it speaks volumes for your love, devotion, and compassion toward your parents. Your parents are very lucky to have such a child.
Thank you for saying that Mr. Crowley.
As differentiated from Witchcraft yes Wicca is viewed by many as a religion because of it's focus on the ancient Pantheon. For the most part Wiccans behave themselves and can in no way be compared to fundamental Christians if the Wiccan honors the Rede. We can say that "No war has ever been fought in the name of Wicca or Witchcraft". Witchcraft, in it's pristine form, has nothing to do with any religion. It has no code, no dogma, except one, it is freedom in the purest form to "do as ye will, an ye harm none. This is the whole of our law". We seek to be exemplars of what a "Wise One" should be and the self appointed caretakers of all over which we have dominion. We are "walkers between worlds" in sympathetic communion with the Infinite and seek to become the Lords of deep time.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Shekinah wrote:
Bluerose31 wrote:
Mr Crowley wrote:More words of love/dove/flowers: exterminating 7 billion people in the harm-none, religious-quest for goodness. How does this compare to the evil preached in church?

I'm third generation of religious free, no religious influence in my childhood formative years, and I don't do religion at any level. ((( By the way, Wicca is a religion))), many of its followers are worse than Jehovah Witnesses.

Blue: it speaks volumes for your love, devotion, and compassion toward your parents. Your parents are very lucky to have such a child.
As differentiated from Witchcraft yes Wicca is viewed by many as a religion because of it's focus on the ancient Pantheon. For the most part Wiccans behave themselves and can in no way be compared to fundamental Christians if the Wiccan honors the Rede. We can say that "No war has ever been fought in the name of Wicca or Witchcraft". Witchcraft, in it's pristine form, has nothing to do with any religion. It has no code, no dogma, except one, it is freedom in the purest form to "do as ye will, an ye harm none. This is the whole of our law". We seek to be exemplars of what a "Wise One" should be and the self appointed caretakers of all over which we have dominion. We are "walkers between worlds" in sympathetic communion with the Infinite and seek to become the Lords of deep time.
Wicca is not that old and people have become less violent as time passes. (Everyone has, regardless of religion.) So it makes little sense to me to point that out. Wicca is maybe a little over 50.... :?

There have, however, been "witch wars", that is witches attacking other witches. Since it is done with witchcraft and not guns, people rarely say anything about it.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

We are from predatory stock with a million and more bl00dy years on our hands. As aghast as I can be at the things we perpetrate on each other for various reasons and none. So am I hopeful as I watch us evolve to a more peaceful breed. It's a 50 - 50 shot as to weather we will survive to improve or send ourselves back into the stone age, red in tooth and claw or worse.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Wicca came to be in the 1950's but Witchcraft has been around since the cave dweller fire watchers. It is as old as humankind.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
barker

Post by barker »

I have been in a magical war of light vs dark... intriguing but i didn't come out any wiser. Dealers and demons and wizards running around everywhere... back at the asylum. i no longer go there.
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

Shekinah wrote:
Bluerose31 wrote:

Very true.
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

Lady_Lilith wrote:
Shekinah wrote:
Bluerose31 wrote:

Wicca is not that old and people have become less violent as time passes. (Everyone has, regardless of religion.) So it makes little sense to me to point that out. Wicca is maybe a little over 50.... :?

There have, however, been "witch wars", that is witches attacking other witches. Since it is done with witchcraft and not guns, people rarely say anything about it.
very interesting!
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

planewalker wrote:We are from predatory stock with a million and more bl00dy years on our hands. As aghast as I can be at the things we perpetrate on each other for various reasons and none. So am I hopeful as I watch us evolve to a more peaceful breed. It's a 50 - 50 shot as to weather we will survive to improve or send ourselves back into the stone age, red in tooth and claw or worse.
I pray we evolve into a more peaceful breed too.
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

Shekinah wrote:Wicca came to be in the 1950's but Witchcraft has been around since the cave dweller fire watchers. It is as old as humankind.
I love that witchcraft is as old as human beings.
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

barker wrote:I have been in a magical war of light vs dark... intriguing but i didn't come out any wiser. Dealers and demons and wizards running around everywhere... back at the asylum. i no longer go there.
What is your path Barker? Do you work with magic?
barker

Post by barker »

Alchemist. Yes some magic in there. I don't spell it with a k because i haven't learned it from others really... I guess.

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”