Christianity

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
barker

Re: Christianity

Post by barker »

Magic is the fundamental happenings in any case...
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

PhoenixRising wrote:My response may seem a bit blunt compared to others here, but no harm or disrespect intended toward anyone.
Has anyone else had to become Christian or a born again Christian?
No. I've never had to become anything or been made to believe anything that my heart wasn't in. When you're a kid, your parents may be able to drag you to church and mane you spend an hour or so a day with Bible study, but you believe what your heart wants you to believe.

I know you're parents mean well, as do most Christians. Most Christians believe in hell, and believe that anyone who doesn't believe what they believe, or believe in the way they believe, will go there to burn for eternity. Some Christians are practically militant in their beliefs and pushing those beliefs on others. Your parents apparently are part of the majority who believe in hell, and naturally want to protect you. What does the Bible say about hell? THE BIBLICAL TRUTH ABOUT HELL

But like I said, they mean well. No parent wants to see their child suffer, and many Christian parents believe that's what would happen if their child does not accept their beliefs.

But it's ultimately your path. If you're a grown adult, follow your path, and be tolerant of others' paths. If you're a kid, you can still follow your path, but you may have to go through the motions to keep yourself in your parent's good graces. But remember, your path comes from your heart, no one else's. Just like a Christian's relationship with Jesus is a personal one, so is your path in your beliefs...a personal path.

In any case, may much love and light come your way.

Blessed be! <3
Thank you so much for these words. I feel I will stay pagan but I will have to just have to tell my parents I am Christian and do some of the Christian activities with them, or they will be hurt. I wont mind doing Christian activities like church and bible reading sometimes with them. But I will be able to have Hecate in secret and practice paganism like I love. Blessed be!
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

planewalker wrote:One my follow their own path, yet for a time, keep it only within their heart. They may want to ease their parents concerns, especially as they get older. A parent worries about their child's well being. The child may be 1 or 71. A child my also worry about their parents well being. If a couple hours a week, of mummery that is rather meaningless to you, is all you have to pay to lighten the burden of a parent, to just recognize all they have given you, it is a small thing to have to do. You can worship whoever, or none, as you please, and it makes not a rat's patootie playing stand up - sit down - getting exercise now, mumble mumble Amen. La-la-duf,de ferble la-la-la Amen. See you next week folks. Shake hands all around and congratulate ourselves about being such wonderful people. I've done much harder things in my life for lesser reasons. Just saying.
You are right Planewalker.
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

sevensons wrote:The force is I think only interested in if you believe it is a powerful shield against the lie's and talking a load of crap people in authority and prominent position's.
I should probably just stay pagan in secret. I know it is not good to be forced into something.
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

barker wrote:Magic is the fundamental happenings in any case...
I love magic.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

"Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker"
A quote from one of my favourite fictional books.
Everyone here has said enough about your right to choose so I don't need to embellish it further. Just follow your instinct for they will always lead you in the right direction. Instinct doesn't have morality choices about family and friends. It's about you and you alone, the fight for survival and how you do that regardless of wether you are a devout Christian bible badger or a vegan naturalist one with nature. We will all support you however you want to be supported, your path will play out before you, just choose the directions when there's a fork in the road
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

The path is always present. Just pick where on it you will be comfortable. Travel at your own pace and tarry when you wish. Your the only one you have to justify anything too.
barker

Post by barker »

I can go to a Church and get infinite blessings and protection to my way, and i am an Athiest... be like me :)
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

barker wrote:I can go to a Church and get infinite blessings and protection to my way, and i am an Athiest... be like me :)
A church is probably the last place you will find truth, protection and blessings. It has many thousands of years of bloody history. Spirit dwells in wild places not in churches where you will hear only the cacophony of man. In silent wild places you will find serenity, illumination and the voice of Gods. The Witches circle is a star gate between worlds where we stand with one foot on earth and the other in the heavens. The church will tell you this be the work of demons.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

Ashrend wrote:"Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker"
A quote from one of my favourite fictional books.
Everyone here has said enough about your right to choose so I don't need to embellish it further. Just follow your instinct for they will always lead you in the right direction. Instinct doesn't have morality choices about family and friends. It's about you and you alone, the fight for survival and how you do that regardless of wether you are a devout Christian bible badger or a vegan naturalist one with nature. We will all support you however you want to be supported, your path will play out before you, just choose the directions when there's a fork in the road
Thank you for these words Ashrend :)
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

planewalker wrote:The path is always present. Just pick where on it you will be comfortable. Travel at your own pace and tarry when you wish. Your the only one you have to justify anything too.
Well said Planewalker :)
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

barker wrote:I can go to a Church and get infinite blessings and protection to my way, and i am an Athiest... be like me :)
That is awesome that you are an Atheist and still blessed by going to church :)
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

Shekinah wrote:
A church is probably the last place you will find truth, protection and blessings. It has many thousands of years of bloody history. Spirit dwells in wild places not in churches where you will hear only the cacophony of man. In silent wild places you will find serenity, illumination and the voice of Gods. The Witches circle is a star gate between worlds where we stand with one foot on earth and the other in the heavens. The church will tell you this be the work of demons.
It is true that nature can be like a church as well.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

More words of love/dove/flowers: exterminating 7 billion people in the harm-none, religious-quest for goodness. How does this compare to the evil preached in church?

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 35912.html

I'm third generation of religious free, no religious influence in my childhood formative years, and I don't do religion at any level. By the way, Wicca is a religion, many of its followers are worse than Jehovah Witnesses.

Blue: it speaks volumes for your love, devotion, and compassion toward your parents. Your parents are very lucky to have such a child.
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

Mr Crowley wrote:More words of love/dove/flowers: exterminating 7 billion people in the harm-none, religious-quest for goodness. How does this compare to the evil preached in church?

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 35912.html

I'm third generation of religious free, no religious influence in my childhood formative years, and I don't do religion at any level. By the way, Wicca is a religion, many of its followers are worse than Jehovah Witnesses.

Blue: it speaks volumes for your love, devotion, and compassion toward your parents. Your parents are very lucky to have such a child.
Thank you for saying that Mr. Crowley.

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”