Christianity

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
Bluerose31

Re: Christianity

Post by Bluerose31 »

barker wrote:Alchemist. Yes some magic in there. I don't spell it with a k because i haven't learned it from others really... I guess.
That is wonderful that you work some magic :) I do as well.
LC

Post by LC »

I grew up and live in a Christian home. As far as I know, they don't know about me practicing. This path has always called to me but fear stopped me, fear of hell. Honestly my fear of hell was so great and I repeated so many times, that I came close to suicide because I thought that I should go ahead and die and go there so that I won't be causing anyone pain and disappointment. I was in the hospital for 2 months. When I got out, I was better but still I felt held down. I started missing Sunday School and Church for work. When I went to a new job with Sundays off, I didn't return and I refuse to go. To me, there is too much condemning, judgment, and just beating people into their believes. In my path now I feel that I can accept myself, calm my worries, and know that the Goddess loves me and accepts me.

If my parents forced me to go to church, I would go but I would still follow this path. You can convince many people what you worship by your actions. What is the more important is what you believe in your heart and mind. You must be true to yourself because it is your thoughts that run through your head at all hours.
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
LC

Post by LC »

I didn't realize there was 4 pages. :shock: So I hope it has helped some.
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

LC wrote:I grew up and live in a Christian home. As far as I know, they don't know about me practicing. This path has always called to me but fear stopped me, fear of hell. Honestly my fear of hell was so great and I repeated so many times, that I came close to suicide because I thought that I should go ahead and die and go there so that I won't be causing anyone pain and disappointment. I was in the hospital for 2 months. When I got out, I was better but still I felt held down. I started missing Sunday School and Church for work. When I went to a new job with Sundays off, I didn't return and I refuse to go. To me, there is too much condemning, judgment, and just beating people into their believes. In my path now I feel that I can accept myself, calm my worries, and know that the Goddess loves me and accepts me.

If my parents forced me to go to church, I would go but I would still follow this path. You can convince many people what you worship by your actions. What is the more important is what you believe in your heart and mind. You must be true to yourself because it is your thoughts that run through your head at all hours.
Thank you so much for sharing this LC. I am sorry you had such a struggle with the doctrine of hell. It is a terrible doctrine and causes torment to many. I do not believe in hell. I go to church weekly with my family but I have still been practicing the craft in secret. If I came to believe in Christianity again I would still not believe in hell and likely would still talk to my Goddess daily. My fiance is Christian so that is interesting too. He is very open minded though and loves my Goddess.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

I've said it before,but it's important enough, I think, to repeat. It is not the power of deity that is jealous or angry or prejudice. There are definitely negative "Things" out and about. It is people who bring them into this reality, The Light doesn't hate or fear the Darkness. Though Darkness would overcome everything even to the point that the Darkness was so black it ment nothing anymore. It fears the Light and flees before it. The Light doesn't try to conquer it . The blackest line and deepest shadow help define things. There is balance at the base of everything. That is what the Light brings. You can't build a happy peaceful house on a foundation that is not even and balanced. I've never seen things tipped except by people. Not by the powers that inhabit the multiverse and are known as Gods and Goddesses. He!! is a fable made to control people by fear. It is only those who believed in it enough to use it as a weapon against those who thought for themselves, who need fear it. For them it may become a reality that they D@MN themselves to when they understand the pain they have so needlessly caused.
Aethe3

Post by Aethe3 »

I grew up as a Christian, and became interested in more magical pursuits after going away to college (a Christian University). Ultimately, I made my way back to Christianity on my own. After making numerous magickal mistakes (i.e. not following those basic rules one must follow), I sought the peace and redemption of God and Christ as a means to ease the pain I had caused myself. It was after my return to Christianity that it became more and more clear that Christians are largely unaware of how magickal their religion already is. My church doesn't know it, but they don't have to: now, my beliefs are a blend of hermetic, pagan, and Christian ideas. They complement each other quite nicely. Christianity largely feels like white magick to me, anyways, so I wouldn't let it tear you apart if you've made a return to the faith. Honestly, it sounds like you're mostly just overthinking it. Find peace, friend :D

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”