Christian Music- energy communication?

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
explorer

Christian Music- energy communication?

Post by explorer »

If you've ever listened to or seen on TV where there's christian music whether it's a rock or pop song, it's the way the crowd react with their arms raised up and eyes shut and dancing and singing along. It's like they are feeling something here. Do you think it's a form of mind control where it's the crowd energy and music causing the reaction? It does seem as if they are happy so it's not a bad thing. I'm not a fan of the lyrics myself but the vocals and the instrumental work can be really good yeah. I notice at times Christians will fall over all silly and laughing as if they are feeling something. I was just wondering what was happening here as you never see this in a normal rock concert.
bluejay_1919

Re:Christian Music- energy communication?

Post by bluejay_1919 »

I know exactly what you're talking about & have wondered the same. Don't get me wrong...I'm a total rock girl and at concerts my arms are up, I'm dancing & singing. I just feel the music with all of my body.

I was raised a Mormon in Idaho and church and sacrament were always very quiet and peaceful. We sang hymns in a reverent manner out of respect and we prayed on our knees with our arms folded.

Then I moved to the south. Hahaha, wow!!! I went from Mormon town to the bible belt in Texas. During school hours, kids would pray and hold their hands up in the air and say things like "Precious Jesus" and sway back and forth. Now I'm not mocking, however I got made fun of all the time for be a Mormon by all these southern Christians. I guess I was use to a more peaceful approach to worship and I would and still giggle at the waving, jumping and hallelujahs.

To each their own. I may not understand it and that's fine. It's just not my cup of tea. Neither is Mormonism, mind you. But I've taken the good from it and being able to be quiet & still while I meditate, I think has to do with being raised in that religion. Now I just remind myself that when I see people acting crazy during their worship or whatever...that they must be feeling it, kinda like the way I feel music. Music can be hypnotic if you let yourself go.:)
explorer

Re:Christian Music- energy communication?

Post by explorer »

I see there's christian metal with the lyrics being like battle with the dark side. I have listened to some but in feeling it's like the upbringing caused this and that they could be more as there is creativity there :) It's like with this lady singer I like she's lovely and a vegan and has an amazing voice but the christian lyrics are off putting but her vocals put a tear to my eye. It's strange yeah, it's like she's a light worker who hasn't discovered it yet due to her family upbringing and her dad being a pastor.
Badgerstate

Re: Christian Music- energy communication?

Post by Badgerstate »

It's not just Christian music, it's music in general. Music speaks to us all in a near spiritual way. In the case of Christians who are into Christian music, they are going to be your most fanatical followers, so you'd expect they would really be into it and it would speak to them the strongest.
explorer

Re: Christian Music- energy communication?

Post by explorer »

oddly enough I noticed the use of high end gear such as marshall amp and gibson les paul and many high end acoustic guitars. It's like there's creativity there suggesting we are all from the same source at the end of the day. I get the feeling the earthy labels have seperated us, ie.. all these different paths ans walks in life. I kind of see it as your road your journey and advancing up the spiritual ladder . that's how I feel.

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”