Your Path

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
Suhrt

Re: Your Path

Post by Suhrt »

Hey, very nice post. I thought I'd felt weird talking about my path but I see everyone here seem to be very open minded.

I'm into Hindu philosophy but I'm monotheistic, I only believe in one God. Because if there were many Gods always one has to be more powerful than the other, and if a God has an equal then it wouldn't be God anymore. Nevertheless, I'm not into the mentioned above jealousy Christians give to God. I believe it's the same God regardless of the religion in question, which has many forms, infinite forms, as he is omnipotent, if he couldn't have infinite forms and names then he would be limited, and then again, wouldn't be God. I believe we're supposed to love him, the same way he loves us, and he presents himself to each individual differently, so everyone is comfortable with their worship.

I'm vegetarian, I believe in respect for all living things, and treating everything kindly. Even inanimate things, actually I think you gave it a term a few posts back, I don't know if it describes me, I just took that posture since the first time I was on a chemistry class (atoms move, everything is made of atoms... I got to the conclusion if they move on their own then everything is full of life).

I could say my path (which I'll never get away from) doesn't have much to do with witchcraft or wiccas or anything like it, and maybe it goes in a different direction too... But for some reason I feel attracted to this world. For some reason my life has been surrounded by magic and mysticism. I've been able to know the future and predict things and know things about people on my own, I've never been taught. So I really want to explore this world too and learn. I wouldn't do any harm to no one, and if I can help anybody I would as long as no one gets hurt in the process.
DamianCrow

Re: Your Path

Post by DamianCrow »

I've been contemplating how would I go about it for some time. I've come to see this as a path to become spiritually open while still worshiping my God as a Catholic. I don't agree with the whole strict methods my religion tends to follow. I know there as to be more to it than what's in the book, and to find out, I would probably need to take this spiritual journey. There is more than just this world we live in, this physical plane. There are more planes out there, and our spirits can reach it with open minds and the craft will protect me along my journey. I'm a bit upset that my fiance doesn't want to journey with me, but hopefully she'll see that it isn't bad or as dangerous as she thinks.

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”