wiccan vs satanist

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
Kat
Banned Member

wiccan vs satanist

Post by Kat »

they accused us of worsipping the xtian devil and burned us. But I think we re completely different. the wiccan might say the devine is within me. a satanist might say we re all animals. the wiccan might say do anything u want as long as u don't hurt anyone. a satanist might say u re just a means to my ends so I'll step on u and hurt u as i like. inverted our pentacle. is it my idea we re complete opposites? how could they equal us? we have anything in common u think?
*Blessed Be*
Isis3Anubis

Re: wiccan vs satanist

Post by Isis3Anubis »

Kat wrote:they accused us of worsipping the xtian devil and burned us. But I think we re completely different. the wiccan might say the devine is within me. a satanist might say we re all animals.
I dated a Satanist. I had friends with former Satatnic witches, but I am not a Satanist. I think depending on the Satanist you talk to, they might find divinity within themselves but they do not believe in or answer to other divinities. They would believe that as humans we ARE animals so why not enjoy your earthly senses as a gift.
Kat wrote:the wiccan might say do anything u want as long as u don't hurt anyone. a satanist might say u re just a means to my ends so I'll step on u and hurt u as i like.
Again depending on the Satanist, if you are not an enemy they will not bother to hurt you. Why should they, as they still value friendship and loyalty, so hurting random people for no reason is pointless to them. If you are in their way or an enemy then you will incur their wrath. But hey who doesn't wish their enemies the best right?
Kat wrote: inverted our pentacle. is it my idea we re complete opposites? how could they equal us? we have anything in common u think?

They were not the first to invert the pentacle as an inverted pentagram in some witchcraft traditions is a part of learning a different degree of witchcraft. An inverted pentagram means the horned god in many traditions. It is meant to celebrate the five senses of humanity versus pointed upward to represent experiencing the five senses leading to spirit and non-earthly wisdom.
Yes Wiccans are different, in that they harm none and worship the Lord and Lady, but Satanists are not trying to defile our religion. They just don't find themselves beholden to spirituality or morality systems that are often judgmental and fearful of left-hand paths. These should not be feared if you are not their enemy. They are basically magickal atheists rebelling against hypocritical and corrupt morality religions, mainly Christianity.
If you are a morally superior judgmental preacher thank the lord every second type they might go out of there way to annoy you as this is what pisses them off the most.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

There exists more than one type of satanism ranging from those who worship the self to those who worship Lucifer. Just like you will find no one Wiccan who is the same as another, neither will you find any two Satanists who are identical in thought and practice. It is impossible to pigeon-hole people based on their path.

The wise person recognizes the person for the personality and their choices, not their religious beliefs.

And for the record, I have met no Satanist who didn't respect me and my beliefs as long as I respected them and theirs.
Kat
Banned Member

Post by Kat »

Vesca wrote:
The wise person recognizes the person for the personality and their choices, not their religious beliefs.

And for the record, I have met no Satanist who didn't respect me and my beliefs as long as I respected them and theirs.
of course I respect all paths. I'm saying satanism falsely by the ignorant equalled itself to us. Since I wrote that, I've been reading about satanism coz I don't like been yet another ignorant person. I found 2 branches; theistic and atheistic. Wicca has more branches I think. more choices.
*Blessed Be*
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I still fail to see where and how Satanism equaled itself to Wicca?
Kat
Banned Member

Post by Kat »

I don't know why but they equal them. if one goes through youtube there are many vids saying wiccans are devilworshippers, that we sacrifice humans, that we re dangerous etc. I don't know if all these ignorant people are random or there's a large movement out there that equals wicca to satan worship.
*Blessed Be*
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

Some Christians pretend to be tolerant to Wiccans but I find that I their ignorant minds we are all going to hell. It is fear based and the church has lost a lot of the newer generations to Atheism and paganism, because of this they try to perpetuate either ignorance that we worship the devil to keep followers out of fear. Some preach tolerance but either feel Wiccans are ignorant of the One True God, or we will somehow not be equal to them in redemption in the eyes of god.
My neighbor is a priest from Ireland, he is old school Catholic. He found out I was pagan and almost passed out when I told him I go to a Unitarian Church. He is always tolerant and respectful, so I love him as a friend and neighbor. My aunt is Catholic and she praises The Lord every two seconds, but looks at me like Iam the devil when I talk about Wicca and turns away from me as if I am evil. She also is against gay marriage. I tolerate her and we don't talk religion or politics. I don't think she is a bad person, but she has had a rough life and the church has ingrained these negative thoughts in her.
My Satanist friends became drawn to Satanism when there religious families where hurtful in their beliefs by being anti-gay, and too strict. It was more about freedom and getting away from ignorant religious dogma of your a sinner and your going to hell mentality. Fear is why they relate Wicca to evil.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos
Kat
Banned Member

Post by Kat »

maybe it's fear. why don't they get informed to fight ignorance? I was raised Xtian too and I realized only old people have that ignorant religious dogma. young ones learn about your beliefs and teach u their own tolerating and nobody trying to convert the other. the dfferrence is odd.
*Blessed Be*
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Oh I think I get it. You mean that Christians lump Wiccans in the same boat as Satanists, yes? That makes a little more sense.

I go back to my "everyone is unique and interprets things in their own way" point. I've met several Christians who don't see pagans as evil devil worshipers and who are totally open to learning about the beliefs of pagans without changing their own beliefs.

But the short answer for those individuals who you seem to have encountered is that they simply aren't interested in the beliefs of others. There's more than one reason, there always will be. It's not something I worry over anymore. :) You can't control the minds of others, only your own.
Kat
Banned Member

Post by Kat »

Vesca wrote:Oh I think I get it. You mean that Christians lump Wiccans in the same boat as Satanists, yes? That makes a little more sense.
yes exactly that. I didn't say christans do that. ignorant people from any religion equal us with their evil. I say ''satanist'' coz I live among christians and that's their idea of us. Anyway yes everyone is unique and interpretes things his own way; but it's also up to u how to present our beliefs in a less thretening way to them so they don't get scared enough to say u re evil. e.g. u could tell them your church is nature but don't show them your altar. I ve noticed they re all ok with the triple moon and the triquetra but their devil alarm goes off with the pentacle.
*Blessed Be*

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”