Me vs christain:what you can say to christians part 1

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
Rainbowkiss

Me vs christain:what you can say to christians part 1

Post by Rainbowkiss »

Christian: So you are a wiccan?

Me:Yes I am proud to say I'm a wiccan.

Christian: unless you covert to christainity(have faith in Jesus) you won't have eternal life in paradise.

Me: If faith alone saves you, why does Jesus say ''love god with all your heart,and love your neighbor as well as yourself, do this and you will live?''

Christian: (unable to give a correct literal answer)

Christian:Witchcraft is a sin! Idolaters,prostitutes,murderers,adulterers,sorcerers,fornicators,homosexuals,thieves and liars don't go to heaven!

Me: In the bible, disciple James speaks of a harlot being justified by her good deeds, harlot is another word for prostitute. Sorcerers by definition are witches who practice magic by the power of evil. If you believe any act of magic is Satanic than here is my answer Sir: When Jesus was accused by theologians by practicing miracles by the power of Satan he answered: A tree is recognized by it's fruit, a good tree cannot bear corrupt fruit, and a corrupt tree cannot produce good fruit. Satan is a corrupt tree. What fruit is Jesus speaking of? The fruit of the holy spirit(kindness,loyalty,love,compassion,faithfulness,gentleness,peace,patience) By their fuits they are known says Jesus. Any religion or person that promotes evil or judgement is a bad tree. Wicca is peaceful and loving, and promotes oneness with divinity, So my conclusion is that wicca is a good tree. Satan is the fruit of ego, corrupt fruit, unable to bear the characteristics of the holy spirit. Can Satan, a bad tree, help people do good? Satan would want to hurt people. If Jesus used miracles to heal the sick or injured was he getting help from God, or Satan? Same with a witch, if a witch/wizard uses magic to do good does this make
them guilty of Satanism? Answer wisely. As for liars, if you call me a liar you call Christ a liar. I'm making points of Jesus, so you believe Jesus is in hell?

That was part 1 of my debate with a Christian, would do you think?
Rainbowkiss

Re: Me vs christain:what you can say to christians part 1

Post by Rainbowkiss »

I like that question of yours. I feel a bit bad that religious authorities and a misguided pope tricked millions into believing their lies. Their plan for world domination has almost succeeded. Luckily, people like atheists, witches, and pagans were not fooled.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

My boss I work under is also a priest and I wish I could talk to him with as much tact as you were able to here !
Rainbowkiss

Post by Rainbowkiss »

Hunter wrote:My boss I work under is also a priest and I wish I could talk to him with as much tact as you were able to here !
You can, all you need is the bible, compassion,Jesus quotes,a spiritual understanding to complete the confusing biblical puzzle and a dose of good old common sense.
Rainbowkiss

Post by Rainbowkiss »

valmontblackraven wrote:
Yes, common sense... Exactly what many christians seem to be lacking.

Seriously... I once had a christian tell me that the thought of evolution is insulting to christianity and it's a lie.

So I brought up viruses and bacteria, and how they evolve all the time.

He really didn't have anything to say about that.

The bible states how Adam is the first human. This is not scientific. The first humans resembled apes. The bible, when I added the numbers, revealed that the universe is no older than 6000 years old, impossible.
Rainbowkiss

Post by Rainbowkiss »

valmontblackraven wrote:
Don't even get me started on Adam and Eve.

Eve could not have been created at the same time as Adam since she was created from his rib.

Supposedly the first woman created was actually Lilith and she became Adam's first wife. However she refused to be subservient to Adam and she left him and fooled around with the Archangel Samael.

Of course this isn't referenced much since it's basically the first ever case of unfaithfullness and divorce.

. The story of Adam and Eve has too many holes. Adam was made from dirt and Eve from his rib(We come from dirt?) Also In the story God told a lie and was not all knowing.
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

I think it's pointless to fight with Christians. I would just not interact with someone like that.
Rainbowkiss

Post by Rainbowkiss »

Holdasown wrote:I think it's pointless to fight with Christians. I would just not interact with someone like that.
I know what you mean but the whole time while I was defending Wicca and other religions, I was calm.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Rainbowkiss, you seem really well-versed in Christian apologetics. I'm curious; are these actual conversations you have had? Did they work well?
Holdasown wrote:I think it's pointless to fight with Christians. I would just not interact with someone like that.
Yeah, that's generally how I feel. I did recently have a discussion with a Christian who was interested in converting me from my wicked witchy ways (not the first by any means), but I was more interested to hear from him what he thought was a persuasive argument to get me to find Jesus, rather than trying to defend my path or trying to convince him that witchcraft wasn't evil. As a whole, I feel like there is nothing that he could possibly say to me to convince me to care about Jesus or God, and there is probably nothing I could tell him to convince him that witchcraft (or any non-Christian path) is valid. I do not know very much about Christian apologetics, but I get the feeling that for people who didn't grow up in a Christian framework, using those kinds of rhetorical tactics and arguments are basically meaningless.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Rainbowkiss

Post by Rainbowkiss »

Xiao Rong wrote:Rainbowkiss, you seem really well-versed in Christian apologetics. I'm curious; are these actual conversations you have had? Did they work well?
Yeah, that's generally how I feel. I did recently have a discussion with a Christian who was interested in converting me from my wicked witchy ways (not the first by any means), but I was more interested to hear from him what he thought was a persuasive argument to get me to find Jesus, rather than trying to defend my path or trying to convince him that witchcraft wasn't evil. As a whole, I feel like there is nothing that he could possibly say to me to convince me to care about Jesus or God, and there is probably nothing I could tell him to convince him that witchcraft (or any non-Christian path) is valid. I do not know very much about Christian apologetics, but I get the feeling that for people who didn't grow up in a Christian framework, using those kinds of rhetorical tactics and arguments are basically meaningless.
Yes some of these debates I had but not many of them turned out so well. Jesus never said anything against witches. Jesus actually befriended social outcasts. I was once a part of Christianity but left because of intolerance and hatred by christians. I was determined to find the truth. Jesus was not concerned about religion but actions. I'm staying in the broom closet though cause I would become homeless if discovered to be secretly a witch.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Of course Jesus had to befriend social outcasts - otherwise he wouldn't have any followers.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”