I Feel Dirty D:

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
Brujita13

Re: I Feel Dirty D:

Post by Brujita13 »

@SMushroom:
I know how you feel. If your going to a Catholic church, you probably have an icon(s) of God/Goddess. Yes, you read that right. Think:
Mary = Goddess/Lady
Jesus = God/Lord
See? If there are other statues, you can come up with other associations/correspondences. Hymns sing praise to God--- but which God? Another thing: Catholic churches have hymns praising Mary (or Goddess). Depends on how you think of these things. Hope you feel better. :-)
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Acharya S.'s work shows how Christianity is a pagan religion just like all the other similar ancient religions. Jesus is a Sun-God, instead of the "Son of God". Here's a video to explain:

The link below takes you to the long explanation featuring Acharya herself (she's also a friend of mine. You can find her on my Facebook page if you'd like to follow her.):

Long Version featuring Acharya S.

"The Christ Conspiracy" for Dummies (I made that title up). A much shorter (4 min) summary of Acharya's work, made by a fan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ-kvw1fYXs

Here's a video similar to the above video, but with three parts and quite a bit longer (close to 30 minutes). This is probably the one I'd recommend to most people.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB19B43D25B8015D0
skyslide

Post by skyslide »

So all know, in the US you have almost all rights of an 18 year old but still count as a minor. Since you have rights of an 18 year old, you do not have to do everything your parents say (though you probably should out of respect). I was told this BY A POLICE OFFICER four days ago. So that you know. =)
Ula

Post by Ula »

A church is simply an inside place to worship. You can honor the god and goddess in your payers while other pray to Christ. If you tell your parents you don't want to go will they grab you and drag you? You are almost 18 try talking to them.

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”