General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
watershield
Banned Member

Three questions

Post by watershield »

1) What made you sign up on this site?
2) What keeps you here?
3) If you could learn just one thing in the life, what would it be?

For me:
1) couriosity. I had read some comments on another site and came to check it out.
2) Juries still out on that one. Lots of newbies finding their way here. I hope I can be of assistance. If not I'll fade away.
3) I have a concept of the universe, of what "god" might be. I would like confirmation / validation / correction of my beliefs and the opportunity to share that with anyone that might listen.
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
Zero_TheBenevolent

Post by Zero_TheBenevolent »

1) i was looking into paganism as a religion, as i had given up on my Mormon upbringing. my girlfriend at the time introduced me to this place.

2) The wisdom of others. All the help everyone here has given me and other newbies. And from time to time, i share my own small bits of wisdom

3) This is a hard one. I'm still young. There's a lot I'd still like to learn. But what i really want to learn and have verified by my own experiences what lies beyond the five senses

Zero
stormer89

Post by stormer89 »

1) Everyone seemed nice and welcoming and open. I felt like I could relate to people on here when I was fairly new to the craft.

2) I like the layout, the moderatores do an excellent job keeping out spam and such, everyone tries to keep everything positive, everyone tries to help each other out, I have learned a lot from this site... a lot of reasons.

3) How to fly, lol. No, seriously. I wouldn't have to learn to drive or buy a car or gas...
peace and love and blessed be
~ * ~ stormer ~ * ~
Eireayne

Post by Eireayne »

1. Desperate times. :) Seriously, I needed to connect with other folks who were questioning their beliefs and the world around them.

2. It makes me feel connected to a community that I previously would have never allowed myself to be. I've studied paganism, but never talked with anyone about it before I joined. Verbalizing my beliefs makes them feel more real to me, and this forum allows me that opportunity.

3. What it is that I am meant to do whilst I live on this earth? I believe that It will take a lifetime to find the answer.
SeekerGray

Post by SeekerGray »

1) I was so confused about life in general, and I didn't know what to do. I stumbled across this site, and it just felt 'right', if you know what I mean.

2) The experienced members who have helped me on my journey. Even if I studied for 3 years, I still wouldn't be experienced enough, in my opinion. I'm still a teen, and I know that I don't know everything. That's why I'm grateful to the people who have helped me.

3) The most hidden, powerful, and sacred secret of the universe.
-Seeker Gray-

"Intolerance is evidence of impotence."
Aleister Crowley
nini

Post by nini »

1. curiousity of the unknown. as a child i always wonder why things happen this or that way....

2. i've been searching other sites that will give me pure satisfaction and this site gives it to me. everybody is so open, helpful and accomodating. topics are really interesting

3. the secret of life itself. what is unknown, the truth on everything just like reading Dan brown's "the Vinci Code" he he he :oops:
If you haven't the strength to impose your own terms upon life, you must accept the terms it offers you. - TS Elliot
hedge*

Re: Three questions

Post by hedge* »

I saw some dodgy information on the use of Jimson Weed and HAD to correct it

2) What keeps you here?
Because I feel useful

Self acceptance
SugarCharmz
Location: Dancing with the sugarplums in the chocolate river.

Post by SugarCharmz »

1) What brought me here was mostly curiosity about Wicca. I'm kind of on a journey to find myself and find out who i REALLY am. I have found great intrigue and comfort in the Wiccan community and ways of life. My religion is only one part of myself, but still, what I believe needs to be found, and I'm not sure if I believe in the Goddess(es), Nature/The Universe, God, other Gods, Donuts, or WHAT. When I was young, I've always asked myself why things happen, and what happened to cause whatever happened to happen. Now, some of the many things are becoming clear.

2) I'll just say it right now and get it out of the way: what FIRST attracted me to Wicca were the many love spells i could put on my ex-boyfriend so that he'd realize what he had. Once I actually LEARNED about Love Spells (on here) i felt quite silly (especially because I read the sticky about love spells AFTER i cast one >.<). Why I STAY here after embarrassing myself is to learn more and more about spells and their effects, how and why they work, mysticism, and other things. I find myself fondly attracted to Divination and Energy Manipulation. This is almost like my own personal library since I can't look for books on mysticism in my own. (It's next-door to a church, and my parents will destroy the living - and the dead, for that matter - daylights out of me if they saw me reading about mysticism).

3) I'm stealing Hedge's answer, "Self Acceptance". I've lived my life thinking, "There's always gonna be someone better than me, and only those who bother to ask twice will ever see that I am a decent soul." It not a message that i like hearing, but I always find myself saying it.

I'm sorry my answer was so long, lol. I am quite a chatterbox.
~*~Angi~*~

~*~*~*~*~
"There is no greatness where there is not simplicity, goodness, and truth." ~Leo Tolstoy
~*~*~*~*~
Heka
Banned Member
Location: On top of some magic rock in the middle of the desert yelling at the sky in joy...

Post by Heka »

watershield wrote:1) What made you sign up on this site?
A past friend pointed it out to me and I thought it'd be a good idea to help me learn.
watershield wrote:2) What keeps you here?
Some of the info and slowly being able to help others more and more. The exposure to the community I get.
watershield wrote:3) If you could learn just one thing in the life, what would it be?
I don't know. How to fly sounds good. More seriously, ....hmmm I don't know. So many things. Get back to me on this one.
hedge wrote:1) What made you sign up on this site?
I saw some dodgy information on the use of Jimson Weed and HAD to correct it
haha I could imagine that :D
Blessed Be and Merry Part

Heka

~~~~~~~

Water, my blood...
Earth, my body...
Air, my breath...
Fire, my spirit...
Blazewind

Post by Blazewind »

1.) I was in need of a place to learn and meet others. I had, att he time, recently decided to suriously presue pananism as a beleif system. I was excited to have finally found soemthing that made sense to me and made me happy. Yet I had no one to share it all with, and more importantly, no one to learn from. I really needed people who were way more experinced than I was, to learn so many new things from.

2.) I find myself staying here, because I did indeed find what I needed here. Good advice, people who understand me, tips and hints, a place to ask questions. I keep coming back because I keep benifiting from the boards in many great ways. I also find muself now more able to help others here a little more, and so I stay to help them out too.

3.)It's hard to pick jsut one answer to that question. My life is really all about learning new things. I guess if I hope to learn one thing in life, it's too live a life that makes me happy and makes sense. To find a sense of spirituallity in my own way.
Blazewind

The only truely stupid question is the one that no one had the nerve to ask.
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

I stumbled across this site. Along my journey I was looking on the internet for information and this site came up. I was hesitant to sign up on a "board" but I lurked for awhile and realized there was a lot of great information exchange and wisdom here. So here I am.

I stay because I learn from you all. Also I enjoy the exchanges that go on between some members. I think it is great!

I guess the answer to the last question would be forgiveness...real true ability to forgive myself and others.
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
Addicus

Post by Addicus »

I thought this would be a good place to learn some fundamental things/be able to get input of other, more experienced people, cause I'm still a N0()B

Uh, nothing really... well.. i guess something, but I don't know :P

How to better sense peoples energies
~Peace, Love, and Gummy Bears~
Risingpanther

Post by Risingpanther »

1) I wanted to find an accepting pagan community that I could learn from and grow in, as well as contribute to other people's growth. When I first came here I found exactly that, and have become a better person since I did.

2) I love the variety of opinions and paths here, and feel accepted and loved by those around me...something I have never really felt before. I know you all are here for me if I need you just as I would be for you, and that alone would be enough to make me stay.

3) How to control my own desires, and use them to accomplish my purpose.
Tymar

Post by Tymar »

I have been part of a pagan forum for years, thought i would expand and see what other people were sharing and saying.

2) What keeps you here?
Its always good to keep learning new things, be it from the new people that join or from the seasoned people within the forum.
Everyone has different ideas and views on subjects and i find this interesting.

Why is the connection to our higher self/ spiritual self / Goddess kept so secretive to our own self.. We work hard to connect yet the deeper we go, the deeper the rabbit hole seems to be.
Or maybe it just comes down to me learning some patience’s.

BB Tymar
BB Tymar..

Don't wait for a light to appears at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself" - Sara Henderson;
Makbawehuh
Banned Member

Post by Makbawehuh »

I had a friend who dragged me here, knowing damned good and well that I don't "do" forums.

2) What keeps you here?

I actually respect the people who come here... Which is a far cry from the usual.

How to be the kind of person I want to be. And I'm working on that. ^__^
~St. Makupuff the Awesome~

"The human race will begin solving it's problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously." – Malaclypse the Younger

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it.
Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.

-Holy Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1 (Principia Discordia)

Return to “For Everyone”