How do you retrieve a lost soul??? Any Shaman's out there ?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Dubh Barin

How do you retrieve a lost soul??? Any Shaman's out there ?

Post by Dubh Barin »

:D I would really like to know how I can locate a shaman in the Austin TEXAS area..?? I would like to retrieve some of my lost souls. Does anyone out there know how to do this? I am recovering from surgery, military stress and a total cosmos of havec on my souls right now. I am not myself and am very spaced out feeling. I understand that there are ways to help make own 'whole" again.. If anyone has a clue, please help.. I am a natural witch by family origins and have lost my witching abilities, now it just seems like I have no energy left to do healthy spells.. because until I am complete again I cannot risk the negative energies..

Thanks
Dancing_Moon_Child

Post by Dancing_Moon_Child »

I've been away camping and just got back last night so this is my first viewing of this message. I have a funny feeling members of this group were asking themselves "where is Dancing Moon Child?" when they read your message...LOL....I was in the woods having a great time greeting my animal Spirit Guides....2 of whom made themselves very known to me and 2 who greeted everyone in the park. Hawk (Messenger) and Hummingbird (Joy) had personal face time with me. Coyote (Trickster) and Mountain Lion (Leadership) sounded out in the middle of the night. Mind you....the Coyote and Mountain Lion have recently appeared in the area where I went camping and are not very welcome as it is an urban area. I can only hope and pray to Creator to protect them from human predators......so prevalent in this area.

Well....about your having lost your soul and needing someone to retrieve it. There is a great website called Witch Voice (www.witchvox.com) that might be able to help you (it lists other Pagans in your area and also those who specialize in certain traditions) but I would be very wary using anyone who is not notable in the Pagan Community for Soul Retrieval. Alot of people claim to be Shaman and are no more Shaman than I am (I'm just studying and hope to be a practitioner in the future). I would like to suggest to you that you do your own soul retrieval. You can do it and in the process you'll become able to journey at will. There is a great book on the market called "Shamanism...As A Spiritual Practice For Daily Lives" by Tom Cowan. You can get it at any metaphysical (translate-Pagan) shop or they can most certainly order it for you. I have reaped untold benefits from this book....I'm just going slower than most people as I want to have a firm grasp of Shamanism (also my path is Native American so it's out of respect that I proceed slowly....it would be impossible to grasp the depth of Native American Tradition in a short period of time) so that when I step out to the public I'll be able to better navigate my way around. That and the fact that I've met so many so-called Shaman (bullshit artists) that my head was blurry for awhile.

Retrieving your own soul has many benefits for you...the biggest being that you'll have regained your power by yourself. In the meantime...I would suggest that you practice meditation and definitely grounding. Those have to be mastered before journeying...in my experience anyway. Both center you and help you find your connection to Mother Earth...and hopefully your Spirit Guide.

I'm always available for any help you might need. You can PM me here or email me directly at dancingmoonchild@bellsouth.net. Soul retrieval is not an easy thing to do but it's definitely worth it in the end. My soul went into hiding for protection's sake when I was very young.......I have only a few memories of my time before I was 6 yrs old.....so reclaiming my soul is going to be both painful and life changing for me. That's why you need to be centered and grounded.....be prepared for both the reunion and the new doorways that will be opening to you.

Peace and Love,
Dancing Moon Child ::coolglasses::
If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.
Anon

"A wee child toddling in a wonder world, I prefer to their dogma my excursions into
the natural gardens where the voice of the Great Spirit is heard in the twittering of
birds, the rippling of mighty waters, and the sweet breathing of flowers. If this is
Paganism, then at present, at least, I am a Pagan."
Zitkala-Sa (Sioux)
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I asked on her other post what was meant by "soul retrieval". I've really never heard of it. I didn't know you could "lose your soul" in any way. I don't really understand it but it's starting to make a bit more sense from your explanation Dancer. Maybe I should Google it, lol. Like everything else. Sounds like you had a great time on your camping trip. That's great. And yes, I was wondering where you were. :)

Dancing_Moon_Child

Post by Dancing_Moon_Child »

Hey ...what a great time I had on my trip. Thanks for missing me...lol.
Soul retrieval is a pretty touchy subject with me. There are thousands of people out there making millions of dollars collectively off of gullible people who sense that something is missing, they just don't know what. So, a false shaman will run to the rescue and say I can go and retrieve your soul. A true Shaman will do it without being paid for it beyond a small offering...sometimes an offering as small as tobacco or a stone. When I first decided to study Shamanism I went in search of a Teacher, a guide of sorts. At one spirituality festival I was at I had 2 people come up to me and offer to teach me and they channel the Archangel Michael and blah, blah, blah. I bought a couple of books, joined some online classes and learned that you don't decide to be a Shaman. You're either born one or chosen to be one by a Shaman. The decision is not yours. It's a decision made by the Creator and the Shaman. I will never "be" a Shaman. I'll be a practitioner only.
I strongly suggest that anyone who is in need of a soul retrieval do it themselves. There are ways to do it that you can learn from some great teachers like Michael Harner and Tom Cowan. It's actually fairly easy to do if you believe you can and are willing to face some scary stuff. Another practitioner I know had tried to retrieve her own soul and suffered what they call a "Shamanic Death" 5 separate times. She witnessed her death violently in another plane, another era. She kept going back tho and is a wonderfully spiritual, peaceful person now.
There are drumming CD's available if there are no drummers versed in Shamanic drumming near you. Shamanic drumming is totally different that most regular drumming circles practise. Do your research. It's your soul.
Hope this helps. Shamanism is not an easy practice to explain.
Peace and Love,
Dancing Moon Child
If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.
Anon

"A wee child toddling in a wonder world, I prefer to their dogma my excursions into
the natural gardens where the voice of the Great Spirit is heard in the twittering of
birds, the rippling of mighty waters, and the sweet breathing of flowers. If this is
Paganism, then at present, at least, I am a Pagan."
Zitkala-Sa (Sioux)
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Thanks Dancer. I posted something else about it on Dubh Barin's other post. Her post about lost souls was posted twice in two areas on the site and I am posting on both of them. Duh. Anyway, check that out if you get a chance.

Return to “For Everyone”