Spiders

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
watershield
Banned Member

Spiders

Post by watershield »

First, I hate spiders. Bad experience as a kid....

I was out in the garden this morning diging for worms so I could go fishing. Turned over a spade of dirt and this thing ran at me.
This is not the actual spider but one that I found trying to identify what it was. A Trap Door spider. Never knew we had them here!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/W ... Spider.jpg

If it hadn't startled me, it might still be alive. But it did and it's not.
It was about 1 1/2 inches long and very fast. I was on my knee's digging in the dirt and couldn't back up fast enough!
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
LUNAAMOR

Post by LUNAAMOR »

*giggles* wow they are really big
good thing you took care of it ?>.<
"Light up the Darkness" Bob Marley
oracle's child

Post by oracle's child »

yeeesh, thank goodness for fast reflexes!
SeekerGray

Post by SeekerGray »

I'm not to fond of spiders either, but aren't they good luck or something like that? That is why I don't kill them anymore (unless I know it is venomous; then maybe I might).

I also had a very bad experience with spiders before. It was in my soup, and it kind of looked like this:

I know how you feel. I don't know about your experience, but I cried for five hours.
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

I'm terrified of them and didn't click the link.....and almost fell out of my chair when I saw the picture Seeker put up....... :oops:
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
Tymar

Post by Tymar »

There are some spiders i dont mind...
But if any single one of them comes anywhere near me...
I have no choice but to wack it..
I have been bitten by 3 different redbacks in one night... Wasnt a good night at all.. Thank the gods im not allergic.

I remember one on my bedroom wall, it just kept up high and circling around the room ... it was a Huntsman Spider
I was going to leave it there, except this one night...
It was near the doorway and i was walking though on my phone to my female friend... And it jumped at me.....
Next my friend heard was a scream and wack wack wack wack wack wack!

No more spider, just bits of spider...
I dont like spiders very much...
And i heard trap door spiders are quiet aggressive and dangerous if bitten.
Glad you where fast enough to wack it...
BB Tymar..

Don't wait for a light to appears at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself" - Sara Henderson;
Kim

Post by Kim »

Lol I'm not really scared of spiders. Lol!! haha! (referring to what wolf said. Oi that's weird. Calling him wolf...) Anyway. I'm more scared of the smaller ones then the bigger ones. I think its because I can't see them as well. >.O but I don't like them no matter what size. :P Lol but I'm not as scared of them as I am Feet! Argh! I hate feet! And I'm scared of lighters. I couldn't light one if my life depended on it. I try to but I throw it cause it scares me...And I'm scared of clowns too.. T-T
Listen to the sound of silence.
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

My fear of them comes from when I was about 6 years old.

My older sisters loved to torment me and my younger brother when ever they got the chance.
We had an old garage on a farm we lived on at the time. Inside it wwas somthing out of a horror movie. Cobwebs hanging every where, spiders crawling by the thousands (or so it seemed)
One day they pushed me in and closed and locked the door. Left me there for what seemed like hours. My Mom heard me yelling and let me out. Needless to say, I reeeeeeeeeally don't like spiders!
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
Kolohe Redux
Banned Member

Post by Kolohe Redux »

My cat used to catch big wolf spiders in the basement and drop them in the washing machine, I'm not sure what she was saving them for, but it was creepy to have to get them out of there.

Kolohe
[Moondaughter]

Post by [Moondaughter] »

I love LOVE spiders. My friends all call me weird because of it. I love them...I really do. They eat all the annoying little flies and buggies and such. I always tell my friends, "If I could shoot a house out of my ass, I'd be made!" I really do just love them, I find them very docile. Plus, the YouTube.com video of spider on drugs makes me laugh soo hard.
Here's a link if anyone wants to watch it...it really is worth it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdsFiBbFc
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Wolf spiders get big like that also...there is one spider we imported back in 1920-30, here in the United States. Most people are not informed about.

It is a close cousin of the Sydney Funnel-web and is a Funnel-web spider and I have pictures of it plus the funnel shaped web it makes. I've mentioned the spider bite my Mom got in a couple posts on this forum

Check out this link (treasure forum) where I posted the spider photos and my Mom's spider bite.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/ ... 058.0.html
Cherokeewind
SugarCharmz
Location: Dancing with the sugarplums in the chocolate river.

Post by SugarCharmz »

I used to be afraid of spiders when I was little, and then my fear broke. If I see one, i first reaction is the stomp it, but if I can catch myself before i do, I try to just let them be. Little thing wasn't bothering me. :\

And i'm sorry about your mom, Charokeewind! That bite looked awful! (I clicked on your link).
~*~Angi~*~

~*~*~*~*~
"There is no greatness where there is not simplicity, goodness, and truth." ~Leo Tolstoy
~*~*~*~*~
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

She got healed, I learned a whole lot about healing through that, just right before this happened, had gone through things with my Dad also (broken bones). There are some threads here about the healings...people on the forum where sending energy too! :D
Cherokeewind
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

We also have what's called a brown recluse spider....nasty bite. Can kill a small child. On average one bite will cause a fist sized ball of flesh to desolve.

I was reading that the wolf spiders venom has no antidote and can stay in your system for years, continuing to Digest your living flesh.
Spell_of_The_Isle

Post by Spell_of_The_Isle »

Oh my stars, I am soooo afraid of spiders.. Well, anything that has eight legs and is as fast as a cheetah is enough to scare me. But, anyway.. I don't think I've ever had any "bad experiences" with spiders. I just hate the way they look, and the way they feel on your skin when and if they crawl on it.

Just last night I saw a spider-like bug crawling across the carpet, and I pulled the routine where a woman sees a mouse and jumps onto a chair, screaming for help. :lol:

Return to “For Everyone”