Depression??

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
SilverFox*

Depression??

Post by SilverFox* »

Ok, this may sound stupid...but I have found depression creeps to me easily...so I dont know exactly how this will sound, but is there any kinds of spells..like to get over someone....or just happiness....something....I could really use it right now.... :cry: :x
**~**Blessed Be.**~**
poetry_princess

Post by poetry_princess »

you might want to try St. Johns Wort...it helps with depression. you can take it in a pill, or drink it in a tea.

Try an aromatherapy oil blend based on Clary Sage (unless you are pregnant). Jurlique's 'Wise Woman' blend is wonderful.

Drink Tansy tea (coffee substitute, available at Health stores). Tansy honours the Goddess within and represents the immortal and eternally renewing qualities of life.

SPELL
You will need:
1 stick of eucalyptus gum wood (excellent conductor)
white rose
salt

Stand under a tree and ask for it's help to heal you. Sprinkle a circle of salt at it's base and plunge the stick into the centre of the circle, holding the end in both hands. Channel your feelings of sadness and depression through the wood, if you cry let your tears fall on the earth.

Say:
"I release pain and woe
From me all sadness flows
Heal my heart, Mother Earth
So that I am free of fear and hurt"

Take the stick out of the earth and place the white rose there and say:
"I am what I am, and what I am has beauty and strength".

Thank the tree and keep the stick to use again if necessary.

and of course.....medical advice if its really bad. this spell is from fiona horne.
Blessed BE all the Children of Gaia

There Exist only 3 beings in the world worthy of regognition: the priest, the soldier, the poet. To know, to kill, to create.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

SilverFox, I hope you know that if you ever feel suicidal you should get professional help. There are drugs they can give you to make you feel better and be happier. It may be worth a try if you're seriously depressed. Some people claim that drugs have saved their life. I hope you get un-depressed soon. I know it's a miserable place to be. You can email me to talk if you want. There are also depression support groups online. Holler at me if you want help finding some.

Marie*

Post by Marie* »

Well from one who suffers depression ( I think manic, but whatever)... Talk to someone. Even if you don't know what it is exactley that is bothering you. A therapist (as I like to call them) can be of great help. However, if you are not comfortable with one do not feel you need to stay with that one. I went through about 3 when I was 14-15 ( I am now 22 for those of you who didn't know). Then I stopped all together. Which at the time I thought was a good thing. Well I never went back to see anyone and evetually ( in the last year I would say) have found a few things that help me without taking my meds or seeing anyone.

1. Meditate
2. DO NOT let yourself be involved with negative people.
3. Write in a journal eveyday, even if nothing happens.
4. talk to your friends about any little thing that bothers you.
5. Don't let people take you for granted. Do what you want to do. Take care of you first!

I am sure there are a lot of other things that help, but that pretty much all I do. And believe it or not most of the time I am great.

Marie
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Yeah, and speaking of tips to avoid depression, I've found that listening to happy music instead of depressing music really has an impact on the way I feel. Much of the music that is out there these days is violent and depressing. One of the best new groups is Evanesense, and I have their CD, but I rarely listen to it because it makes me think of things like rape, suicide, and other depressing and angry thoughts. I don't think people give enough consideration to the music they listen to regarding how it makes them feel emotionally. Please consider it.

Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Very true, . Music does play a very important part in our emotions. (Ever try watching a totally scary movie without the sound?) :) Depression is a very tricky thing. If it tends to be cronic, I agree- find someone to talk to that can give you some professional help. It can become very serious and drag you down to a point that becomes very hard to crawl back from. Try cleansing your aura. That always makes me feel better no matter what state I'm in. (Depression included). In fact it's the first thing I tried that I found here, thank you ! You also need to realize that whatever happened, if it was a particular incident that squashed your happiness, that it happened for a reason. It was supposed to happen and it has a positive reason for having come to pass. It may not seem that way, but it was 'in the stars' so to speak. Find the good in whatever it was, in fact, take the time to notice the good in everything... that should help put things (and bad feelings) into their place. Take care of yourself and please know that you are cared about!

Return to “For Everyone”