OtherWorld creatures...

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Akira

OtherWorld creatures...

Post by Akira »

I was reading in a Wicca book by D.J. Conway about all kinds of creatures like elves, fairies, brownies, etc. She says that they often appear to witches, is this true? Anyone ever see anything?
Ruthie443

Post by Ruthie443 »

I do believe there are other "worldly creatures", I believe as we are young we can see them like when we are babies some of the reasons why i think babies laugh out of no where, when i see them laugh i know it is a peaceful creature but i also belive b/c of todays society it teaches the the people to look away so when we are young we lose the sight b/c if we believe it is not there then we eventually dont except it. Some ppl want the sight back so bad they think taking drugs gives them what they are looking for, b/c of this its the main reason why i do not like the local covens around my home b/c they believe you have to take a drug to see the ones the hide in the shadows of our minds the ones we blocked for so long.
Elven555

Post by Elven555 »

Yes, many people have sighted them and work with them.

I myself have yet too, but I'm working on trying to contact the faery realm.
Earth my body, water my blood,
Air my breath and fire my spirit
Shizuma

Post by Shizuma »

I personally do believe in them... They are as real to me as any human being that sits next to me...

~ Shizzy
raven123789

Post by raven123789 »

part of me wants to belive in them,but doing so is a little too optimistic for someone like me

but the idea is interesting[/list]
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Well, maybe you'll see the Grim ones instead.

See, I started to notice such creatures when I was in my most negative headspace, oddly enough. And they were not the shiny happy critters that people like to think of them as. The Fair Folk can be spooky intimidating and downright hair-raising, depending on which court they are from, and what kind of folk they are. They aren't always cute sprightly little things with just enough randomness to make a girl smile. They can be really scary actually.

Just depends on their mood, and the circumstances.
raven123789

Post by raven123789 »

jcrowfoot wrote:Well, maybe you'll see the Grim ones instead.

you could be rite?,i don't fear things that most people would be afraid of
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

I find slasher movies boring and trite. Those blood fountians makes me laugh in my goofier moods.

Some of the fair folk don't necessarily look scary but they are scary. You feel fear the moment you see them regardless of how you feel at the time, or even how they look. I can often put that feeling aside until they are no longer around, but I can't deny the feeling is there. It's like standing less than a foot away from a crumbling, unprotected cliff. It's exhilarating until your feet start slipping.
raven123789

Post by raven123789 »

jcrowfoot wrote:I find slasher movies boring and trite. Those blood fountians makes me laugh in my goofier moods.

Some of the fair folk don't necessarily look scary but they are scary. You feel fear the moment you see them regardless of how you feel at the time, or even how they look. I can often put that feeling aside until they are no longer around, but I can't deny the feeling is there. It's like standing less than a foot away from a crumbling, unprotected cliff. It's exhilarating until your feet start slipping.

i understand,i'm not really the type of person who laughs but i know what you mean,i just don't get scared of horror movies,but they are interesting to watch sometimes,but i'd rather read about them than watch them

in general i just don't get scared,i think most people fear thnigs because their afraid of dieng,i'm not going to do anything to shorten my life,but i don't fear dieing

all i know is i don't like crowds
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Re: OtherWorld creatures...

Post by LaFiamma »

Akira wrote:I was reading in a Wicca book by D.J. Conway about all kinds of creatures like elves, fairies, brownies, etc. She says that they often appear to witches, is this true? Anyone ever see anything?

Personally, I don't think that if such things exist, they appear to witches any more than anyone else...I think it's more that people who are open to such things happen to notice and pay attention to them more.

Also, i would recommend having a truckload of salt handy if you're going to be reading DJ Conway.
Blazewind

Post by Blazewind »

I do whole heartedly believe that are are many kinds of creatures out there that I cannot even begin comprehend. I have never seen a creaqture that wopuld be classed as otherworldly execpt for spirits. I work with those a good bit. I do truely wish to see a fairy or other such thing, but I heve never done that yey.
Blazewind

The only truely stupid question is the one that no one had the nerve to ask.
Morbid_Rogue

Post by Morbid_Rogue »

I do believe and I have seen many in my time...
Espically when I was 5 but when my great grandmother died I stop seeing till I met my most recent boyfriend almost 2 years ago..

This is a short list of what I have seen...
Samuria's Spirit's (very loyal and protective)
Fairy's (Some very shy and other so talkative)
Phantom's (That is what they call them selves they carry a latern around and wear long cloaks very rare to see a female.)
Eleves(One that watched me after my great grandmothers death).
Werecreatures (Do not even laugh at this do not ever go near a vampire when it crosses a werewolf.)
And a whole bunch more...
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

The universe is filled with spirits. Spirits by themseves have no "shape"

Weather we encounter a God, Goddess, Elf, Feary, Vampire or Demon depends on our ability to percieve a spirit and what it is we are expecting to "see".

All things have the potential for both positive and negative actions. Our expectations have a significant effect on how others react to us, both in the physical and astral worlds.

Having said this, also understand that the universe is in balance. For every entity that has unlimited potential there is an entity that has no potential (shades). (Potential being the ability to exceed what one currently is, to evolve) They simply feed on the energy and emotions of any thing near them. Very much like a leach. However again, it's our perception of them that can magnify the effect thay have on us and how we "see" them.
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
Risingpanther

Post by Risingpanther »

I personally work with Dragons on a daily basis (and I agree with the salt thing with Conway...she tends to make far too many mistakes to be forgiven...but she also has SOME good info) and am working to contacting the Faery realm...

However, I caution you on working with some of the creatures she mentions, they certainly arent always friendle...indeed most of them can be quite rude with humans...be careful where you tread.
Tymar

Post by Tymar »

I have read DJ conway, i dont mind her books.

Yet i dont work with Dragons as her book suggests to, my connection with the dragons i see and connect with might not be very ritual in the sense of her books, they are very real to me, they visit my home.
They stir up my dog :) , and they visit my dreams.
They help at times when i have found a great need and in turn i try and learn more about them.

I have only seen the dragons i work with and i have the view that if this one creature exists then i feel it would be naive of me to assume they are the only ones.
I just have a very strong connection to dragons and i feel this is why i am open to them.

BB. Tymar.
BB Tymar..

Don't wait for a light to appears at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself" - Sara Henderson;

Return to “For Everyone”