Meditation Music

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Lady Garnet Eyes

Meditation Music

Post by Lady Garnet Eyes »

Who here uses music for meditation, and if you do what kind of music works best for you?

I personaly have a strong conection to the song "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls, but im looking in to other music as well because the words in the song are a little to close to my life right now, preventing solid medtation. Im just curious as to what everyone else listens to.
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

i don't listen to music that has words in it

i use tape's that play with brainwaves (do have talking but more to guide)
i also use another soundfile called astralchant.

if i want to relax i usually put in my celtic myst albums, but i also have japanese instrumental music, i used to use sounds of nature but i find my other options more interesting
brokenxdreams

Post by brokenxdreams »

I tend to play soft classical music when I try to meditate or calm down. So relaxing!
Ashara

Post by Ashara »

I listen to whatever is on the radio, except turned very low. If I listen to silence or white noise I end up going to sleep (lol)... I really like listening to nature sounds or whale song.
Ashara

Not a morning person doesn't even begin to cover it.

Next mood swing in 6 minutes!
kuotetsu

Post by kuotetsu »

I listen to Classical songs and Songs of nature, however, I had this one song that I think I'm connected with, the song's called Falling off the Face of the Earth by Matt Wertz.. Though there are some words, i still find it useful :wink:
Elem

Post by Elem »

If I listen to anything, it's some nice classic Jazz music. So relaxing, chilled, soothing.. Love it!

Elem
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

if i feel the need to listen to music for meditation it depends on my mood. lately ive been listening to one of the songs from Kingdom Hearts.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

I like the "shamanic journeys" a drumming cd recorded by Michael Harner. Double drumming and singing bowls are my favorites. It's good for journeying and also for other meditations.

I also like Bach's Fifth Suite for Cello.
Colubra

Post by Colubra »

I love celtic music (LOVE Greensleeves) and also Gary Stadler's faerie albums (Faerie Nightsongs, Reflections of Faery, etc.).
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

didn't know those, gotta earch for them.

it would be great if people also could post artist name's and such so other people can try it out to to see what works for them.
SandyJI

Post by SandyJI »

I like to hit the New Age section of the music store. Lots of good stuff there. Windom Hill has good selections that will help with calming, they have an entire seasonal selection with nature and light, lovely music.

Sandy
Sandy

I'm sick of reality, I want my Fairy Godmother!
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

It depends on the meditation for me.

totem/therianthropic meditation: silence or wolves howling

Lovecraftian: Anything by AKLO

Astral travel: f*ck if I know. I can be in meditation for 2-3 hours or more and not astral project.

those are just a few examples, though. lol
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
Wolf Heart

Post by Wolf Heart »

I have two cd's I usually use. One is called "Night of the Wolf" that has piano, violin, type of music with sounds of wolves howling every so often in the background, it's very relaxing. The other is a cd with songs from the anime .hack//sign that used to be on tv. I had the music long before I saw the show, most of it is instrumental and very soft.
I think once I listened to Blue October, but words distract me too much. I'm too busy trying to sing along that I forget what I'm doing, lol.
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
applepolice

Post by applepolice »

I find classical music from the Baroque period to be conducive to meditation (just thinking about it relaxes my muscles, eases tension and sends me into a little daydream).

In terms of composers, I would recommend Handel (though maybe not the "Hallelujah" chorus, given how well-known it is, plus the singing can be distracting), Vivaldi (especially his "Four Seasons" suite), J.S. Bach (the cello suites are unbeatable).
Suppose;

Post by Suppose; »

Actually, I don't have that many things right now that I can meditate to.
One song I have that I can is, though it might be strange, Forest by System of a Down.

I'd like to get some Celtic music. That's always been very helpful for me, but I don't own any cds right now.

Return to “For Everyone”