help us please

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
[Human]

help us please

Post by [Human] »

Im wanting to be able to contact my dead great grandmother. I loved the old hag like she was my mother :lol: nah joking i loved her to bits.

can anyone instruct me on a way of contacting her?

help would be cool, thanks
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Experience, research, grounding, protection, practice.

I'm hardly against contacting dead relatives if the need arises, but if you love and respect her try not to make a half assed attempt and don't do it 'Just cause'.
bombalurina

Post by bombalurina »

I can understand where you're coming from. I recently used my ouija board to talk to my grandmother. However, there is a lot to know. Ouija boards were created to help spirits who needed to say something to someone still living, and couldnt get through in other ways, such as dreams, scrying, etc. But some people abuse it, simply using the ouija board to talk. The only reason I knew my grandmother wanted to talk to me was because I was using the board one day when a spirit came and said "your grandmother needs to talk to you" i waited a few days, and after i meditated, and came to the conclusion it was true, i used the board. i didnt call her to me. i opened the board, and said "i was told my grandmother needed to speak to me. if this is true, then grandma, i will listen" i didnt say "talk to me grandma, i summon thee" or anything like that because I dont know if spirits like to be called, or if anything negative happens to them when they are summoned. So everytime i use the board, i offer the spirits the chance to come forward and speak, but i always make sure its their descision.
if youre going to do this, know that ouija boards can be dangerous. I suggest you do a protection spell to keep evil spritis away. I just palce a piece of amythest on my board and it serves the same purpose. If you have a board, make sure you turn it over everytime your done using it. This closes the portal so spirits arent trapped, and so spirits cant get thorugh. if you dont have a board, you can make one. It will work just fine. Even just writing letters on a big piece of paper will work, ive done it, just make sure you have something that will slide easily to use as a planchette. And ive found that it works better with someone else because a) i dont have to worry that maybe im subconciously miving it and b) the spirits can move fatser if there are more energies in the room. i hope i helped. Good luck!
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

I don't actually believe that we can contact and talk to dead people. I think the beings that do come through to us are not and have never been from this plane - they are astral beings that reside in the astral world.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

oooh, Interesting thoery Hedgey, i have to say it got me thinking.

i have a couple of questions i really hope you can elaborate on.
1) Your position on ghosts?
2) What about the people who say they can "feel" thats its a loved one, like if that person had a distinctive feel about them?
3) Does this include when a dead loved one comes too us in dreams?
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Sobek wrote: 1) Your position on ghosts?
I think "ghosts" are just concentrated energy. Energy either left behind by people who have died or a collection of energy created by people still living.
Sobek wrote: 2) What about the people who say they can "feel" thats its a loved one, like if that person had a distinctive feel about them?
Again this is all about energy. We know, feel, sense and experience energy every day and different people give off different energies, or more to the point they effect our own personal energies differently. The mind is a powerful tool as we know- if I were to sit here and think about my nan, who died three years ago, I can see her, I can hear her voice - heck I can even smell her.
Now I'm doing this under controlled circumstances - I'm aware that I'm creating this energy that is completely and utterly related to my Nan and no-one else......so what's that energy gonna do?
Might it go whizzing around the universe to come back to me, or someone else who would be sensitive to the energies created by my Nan, at another time and another place? It's a strong possibility.
Sobek wrote: 3) Does this include when a dead loved one comes too us in dreams?
Sometimes dreams are just dreams and they mean nothing more than our brains de-cluttering and sifting through the stuff that goes on in our waking lives. Or they are our subconcious pointing us in a particular direction.
Either way, I don't believe dead people contact us on any level.
Elem

Post by Elem »

Nice to see you share the same viewpoint as me, Hedge. I've spoken about what I believe 'ghosts' to be in the past, and reiterating it would only be repeating what you've said here.. Like I say, glad to see someone else out there has arrived at the same conclusion :).

Elem
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

it really is a great way of thinking, ive been thinking about it ever since
kai

Post by kai »

I have a question on that. If its just the energy, then how can it be good or bad?? i mean energy is neutral, right?
[Kai]
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Good or bad is relative. Energy can have a purpose or program (for example: burn, fill, light up) but they may or may not be 'good' by our perspective. Also, if we use crystals as an example, things can be charged with energy to a directed purpose, so the energy in that item will remain a certain way for a length of time. Energy that is leftover from, say, a person who died after being depressed or angry for a long time will retain that type of energy for a while. Hence, someone who encounters an "angry ghost" is just running into a pile of energy that hasn't lost the tendency it was programmed to have. Energy also reacts to other energies. So your fear and beliefs can draw an "attack", I think, if it's strong enough.

Um.... did that make any sense?
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

In my belief and experience..............
When someone dies part of their consciousness can remain in the energy field, particularly if the death was sudden,unexpected or violent etc. Strong emotional instincts can cause the soul to stay in this plane after it should have departed - this is something known in many different cultures, in my practice,in this respect I can assist in helping the soul move on to the shadowlands, [the Shaman has one foot in this world and the other in the next.Long story] - where it should be until the second or astral death -huh? I 'm sure some will say ,reading that, but in my practice and belief the astral death is when the soul transforms /transmutes/regenerates/reincarnates. That is why it is difficult to contact the dead and speak with them, they do not remain the person they were in life for long.The conscious energy becomes part of the collective,some call Akashic records. Have any of you ever been somewhere known as a place of suffering or cruelty? The energy in these places is thick with unease/memories and pain, another work type of mine is cleansing energy fields, in these places. I cannot verify this scientifically, but it is part of my life and experience as a Shamanic practitioner.
frogdiver

Post by frogdiver »

Hello,
I agree with Sercee - depending on the reasoning for the contact... However, You have a very good time of year coming up for contact.... A Dumb Supper? Hold a Dumb Supper to pay tribute and invite her spirit at Samhain. Although, definately research, grounding and protection as it can sometimes be an open invitation.
Monica
kai

Post by kai »

Thanks. And that did make sense, but its still a lot confusing, coz i've been studying about it a lot (including paganism, and witchcraft), and the more i read, more confusing it gets, coz there are many different viewpoints with strong statements to prove themselves so its hard to stick to one. Now i am not making any sense :oops: :P .
[Kai]
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

i have that to but what you need to do is not follow any of the pagan paths but just paganism in general.

so you take a bit from this and a bit form that, take the things you respect and honor and agree with. paganism isn't like christianity where you have to follow that path with all the facts or you will got o hell if you don't. pagan's are much more open minded and won't mind you making your own pagan religion.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

ROFL, dont be so sure about that. we have our christian fundy equivalents

Return to “For Everyone”