What is a Pagan?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
lek

Post by lek »

:lol:

I'm sure they wouldn't admit it publically.
TheDeadlyEntity

Post by TheDeadlyEntity »

Satanism does not even believe in satan. :roll:
I have looked closely at Satanists and their religion, like many others they have been given a bad rep even though they are not as bad as there made out to be.
Its worth looking into it your self as they basically believe in material pleasure more then anything else but there not the evil people there made out to be.

I would like to add I am not a Satanist; I am far more into paganism. Even though I am not 100%, sure what direction within it fit me best yet? Im still studying and learning.
[url=http://www.deadlyentity.co.uk][img]http://www.thehigherentity.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/tde/art/banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Doe

Post by Doe »

Great article!! I'm so happy to have read it,which I have now done several times now, and each time I have read it so much about myself has become clearer. I believe I have been following the Pagan path my whole life and did'nt realize it
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

Very good read.Quite informative for someone like me who knows very little about paganism
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Not really defending the Christions here thay do that enught themselves, but comeing from a christion background i do understand why we are so "bad" to them anything aginst there God ( anything not christion ) is bad and it is the devils work. I dont belive in the devil or hell, but i try not to get on to them to much when i am told i am going to hell because what thay belive in is that bad people ( a.k.a. anyone who isnt christion) is going to go to hell, as a child i was tought nothing differnt it was christianity or hell. So i do understand why we are treated this way and why we are considederd "bad". I just wish we could get threw to them that thay should just accept out path and stop telling us we are going to hell. It is somewhat irritating. I hope this didnt offend anyone i am just expressing my veiws on why i think thay belive we are bad people, i whould really love to hear someone ealses veiw on it though.

~Addalaide
Merry Part
~Addalaide
swtpagan

what about islam?

Post by swtpagan »

Islam does believe in God, however, it also believes that everything on earth has a spirit, like pagans.
Muslims believe that every form of live derives from water itself. Soil and other metals also have a soul/spirit.
HPCrowley

Post by HPCrowley »

Paganism, to me, is any religion/spiritual path which derives at least some of it's beliefs and practices from ancient/pre-christian religions not otherwise represented (such as Buddism or the Hindu religion).
elizabeth0126

Post by elizabeth0126 »

That was very awesome, and it did explain ALOT.
Thank you for posting this.

Coleen
Blessed Be!
Live, Love, and Laugh
~~elizabeth0126~~
White*wolf

Post by White*wolf »

Wolf, I agree. Satanism doesn't believe in Satan. The whole thing is about self pleasure. I don't believe that Satanists are evil.
-Jessica [aka Whitewolf]
yachica

Post by yachica »

That is a great article!

I have asked that question many times and sometimes ended up being more confused than i was to begin with. Your article really helped me to understand, thankyou
[moondance]

Post by [moondance] »

I do not know much about the differences - there are wiccans, druids,Dianic, green witches, hedge witches, Faery, chaos ... the lsit goes on ... x[/b]
MizGriz

Post by MizGriz »

Being a Satanist is kind of like making a website about how much websites suck.

Interesting article.

Anyway, moondance...just learn about all the sects of paganism. Learn as much as you can. Try to see what sects fit most with your beliefs, and don't be surprised if you change. I myself went from Wicca to Gnostic Paganism back to Wicca and am now Greco-Pagan.
QIO

Post by QIO »

Whitewolf wrote:Wolf, I agree. Satanism doesn't believe in Satan. The whole thing is about self pleasure. I don't believe that Satanists are evil.
I agree.

(note to self add more to post)

Satanism is a Hedonistic Philosophy, alot of the indoctrinated mainstream theists call set/satan/baphomet/belial or whoever evil. They are led to believe many things that are not true about many things yet becaus a carpenter from the middle east became "God" it is inconceivable that the men who put the bible together and the four cannoconial gospels could make mistakes.

Alot of Chistian Cult Members are not awre that even the ancient israelites
had a Godess, people like Jeremaiah and Soloman destrotyed them and replaced them with Adonai...remeber history is written by the victors. So the Godess became evil and Adonai was good.

Anyway onto the root of the problem, stanists use symbols, but that is metaphorical, there magic is based on the will of the practitioner and they do not believe in any kind of God.

How do I know, 3 years I spent as a Laveyan Satanist.
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

I have a correction. Jewish people do not believe in the devil nor do they believe in hell. I am just saying fomr my own knowledge that The jewish ppl do not believe in a devil.
Exilus
Banned Member

Post by Exilus »

Wrong yes they do, infact they have a legend, KNown as lilith. Do you know who she was?

Adams first wife, banished from the garden of eden because she wanted to break all amazon on adam, and refused to accept his domination of her as the stronger of them. The legend goes further to say that when she was banished to the land of Nod, she had sex with the devil and because a sucumbus, who would later seduce cain while he was banished to the land of nod for killing his brother.

The legend untill the 1800 was so prominent that the jewish went as far as blaming failed crops, or the death of a male child on lilith.

In the legend the jewish talk of her sleeping with satan, they are the creators of the first book of the bible in which satan became satan, you have that confussed with their not beleiving in christ as the son of god I do beleive.

Return to “For Everyone”