What is a Pagan?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Pirranth

Post by Pirranth »

Definitely a fun thread to read, however in reference to the original article, I disagree with most of it as the definition of paganism.

For one, not all pagans are animists, and not all religions that consider themselves pagan in nature are animists either. I'd like to think that paganism is not so much a religion as much as it is a fairly new social movement of a partially religious nature that does not focus on individual beliefs, or on making everyone conform for any common goal, but a general desire to learn and acceptance that people have a common right to believe and practice any form of any religion they can make and hold, and while that leaves much open to interpretation, I do think that was really the whole point of paganism.
SugarCharmz
Location: Dancing with the sugarplums in the chocolate river.

Post by SugarCharmz »

I know this thread is old, but I'm so glad it's stickied!! That was an awesome article. Incredible writing, kept my interest the whole time and was very beneficial to my knowledge and studies! Now I know what Paganism is and means. :)

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
~*~Angi~*~

~*~*~*~*~
"There is no greatness where there is not simplicity, goodness, and truth." ~Leo Tolstoy
~*~*~*~*~
.xAlyssa.

Post by .xAlyssa. »

Thank you for posting this! :] I was actually confused about some things but you cleared some of my confusion out. Great article. Will help lots of newcommers. :]
~Alyssa
WatchfulEyeTheButterfly

Post by WatchfulEyeTheButterfly »

This was a really great post, thank you. I always here people asking what they can do as a Pagan without their parents knowing, and some of those are great ideas. :)

Return to “For Everyone”