Whats the story behind your username?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
13Lotuses

Re: Whats the story behind your username?

Post by 13Lotuses »

This thread is old, but interesting.

13: I just liked the number
Lotuses: To differentiate between my username and magickal name (I made it a plural instead of singular)
Growing from mud, although challenging, offers great promise.
TheArtOfLife

Post by TheArtOfLife »

My username started off as something I needed to have to play on IMVU.. so I started with looking trough a tarot book I was interested in. I opened it on the page with the description of the card Art. Since I was talking with a friend on the phone about it I started with TheArtOf.. and she finished my sentence with Life. Since on IMVU I couldn't use the username with the f in it, I changed it into a v. After that I couldn't remember the conversation till I remembered one day, thinking it wouldn't be right spelled with the v. Since then I've been using it everywhere, since the day I made that IMVU account. Sometimes I had to shorten it to taol though.
stariebird11

Post by stariebird11 »

My username is only half the truth really. Bird, because this forum gave me the feel of flying, or freedom, as I am in the broom closet. Starie wasn't exactly my first choice, but it was the only thing that came to mind. It sort of represents my enjoyment of astrology I suppose :D
~Brightest Blessings~
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain
-Unknown
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Ravencry- I can mimic the call or "cry" of the raven.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I admit I was a lazy witch when I came up with my user name. I just went with something that sounded kool. :p
The name that does have an interesting story is the name of my BOS "The Angelwood Grimoire." The name Angelwood had come to me in a dream. It was the name of a guy I was going to marry in that dream. I had the dream around the time that I was deciding on a magickal name to use with the coven I was in at the time. I'm quite fond of Angelwood & I've even used it as the name of a character in a story I've been working on. The character's name is Angel Wood.
Danae

Whats the story behind your username?

Post by Danae »

I chose the name Danae as I liked it's meaning; she who judges. She is a also a princess of Argos in Greek mythology, who is the mother of Perseus by Zeus. Also it starts with the same first letter as my birth name, so is nice for that too.
Whitelion728

Post by Whitelion728 »

I love this topic :) I chose Whitelion728 because a whitelion is my spirit animal. White , representing being an outcast, different from all the others( also because a have had a white streak of hair since i was 4) Lion, because of my spirit animal, obsession, and zodiac sign. Also for it personality. Would say it but I would seem as I I was bragging. 728 being my b-day. July 28th. Or i use Caden 728 being my name and bday. Or sometimes my gamer name being various other references to things. (like minecraftmaster224)although my minecraft username is caden728 as is mostly everything.
SQue

Post by SQue »

S Que is short for my nickname Susie Q. If I had been creative I would have called myself Ice Princess.....I was born in winter n many friends in high school said I was an ice queen with my stare.

S Que
EmeraldWolf

Post by EmeraldWolf »

i chose Emerald because its my birth stone and i love wolves, all my friends say im obsessed with them, but they'er just sooo beautifully magical. :)
Isabella

Post by Isabella »

Mines is kinda boring. I chose Isabella because my kittens name is isabella and everyone says me and my cat have the same personality. And she my familiar.
Peace and Pasta!~
dreamcatcher

Post by dreamcatcher »

i chose dreamcatcher for a couple reasons

1) i've always been fascinated by dreamcatchers ever since i was rly rly rly little (somehow i still dont own one oddly enough)

2) well . . . i have some very strange dreams and usually a lot of them

3) and last of all, it was a dream that made me officially decide to practice wicca

and i might just add a fourth because i'm extremely fascinated by dreams and sleep . . . . . . . yes i know its a little strange of a thing to be fascinated by but i just find dreams so interesting

oh yeah and i guess a number five would be that i've always had frighteningly realistic and usually prophetic dreams at times . . . to the point where i think that it already happened and that the dream is actually real life (yes theyre that realistic and no, they did not in fact already happen)
kalicokitty

Post by kalicokitty »

My name for this forum isn't very original, but I chose it to honor the lifelong familiar I had for the first fifteen years of my life. Her name was Kitty, and she was, you guessed it, a calico. I also just love cats. Myfriends have called me kitty because of it. I am part of another forum that is for starling fanatics as I used to care for a baby starling. My name on there was NightSky's Song. This was actually the starling's name, I called her NightSong for short.
"There is nothing more melodic, than the purring of a cat."
brythonicwitch

Post by brythonicwitch »

My name brings together my heritage and how I self-identify with my path.

Witch came from the fact that I'm a witch. :D

Brythonic is a term for the ancient Celtic languages spoken in the British Isles. It was a form of Insular Celtic, derived from Proto-Celtic, and was divided into four separate languages - Welsh, Breton, Cornish and Cumbric.

I live and was born in Wales, and am fascinated with all aspects of ancient Welsh and Celtic culture. Therefore, I consider myself a Brythonic Witch.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

It's been so many years since I came up with "Starwitch" (in the late 90's) that I really don't recall what the reasoning was behind it, but I suspect "moon witch" was probably taken as an AOL screenname, and since I love the stars even more than the moon (even if they aren't as witchy), I went with Starwitch. I basically needed a blatantly witchy-sounding name because I was giving free tarot readings in AOL chat rooms back in those days (just as practice and to help people out) and I didn't feel that being another Heather07584 was going to help me stand apart from the thousands of other usernames. "Stone" came about when I needed to create a Facebook page using my craft name and Facebook insisted that I have a last name. I thought "stone" sounded cool, plus it describes the condition of my heart, lol.

Oh yeah, and then there was that vision where the Goddess appeared to me and in a booming voice she proclaimed, "YOU WILL NOW BE KNOWN THE WORLD OVER AS STARWITCH STONE!" So I was like, "Alright, sure. That sounds cool. Thanks, Dear Lady."And poof! she was gone!

Ok, maybe that more dramatic bit never happened.
StarWolf

Post by StarWolf »

To be completely honest I have no interesting story behind my current username. I just came up with it because I had to choose an username, and I got this idea on the spot.

Return to “For Everyone”