Whats the story behind your username?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
JamesDean

Whats the story behind your username?

Post by JamesDean »

Thought this might be an interesting thread. Just say how you chose your username.

Myself, I am named after James Dean (the actor, not the sausage guy like so many people my age think). I was named after him because I was supposed to be born on the anniversary of his death, but as with everything else with me, I was late. :D I chose this as a username because it is easy to remember and I couldn't think of anything better.
Exilus
Banned Member

Post by Exilus »

I cose Exilus because it is actually my thrid name, Shawn Edward Exilus Hilton, It is also my Magical name, In my family as we were hiding from persecution we had devolded a famil script over time, so that only members of our family could understand things we had wrighten in our journals. In it my name is represented by the moon exiling the son from the sky over a stand of people, that represents us. The exiled us of Exilus.

I took it as my name because it is what most refer to me as in RL.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i have 3 names,
the first of which i only tell to people i like or people i feel necessary
the second and most commonly used at places where reality isnt present, Sobek, my favoured god
the third of which, second only to Sobek if he is unavailable, Talisman
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

I'm a therianthrope, werewolf, otherkin...choose your poison, they all mean the same more-or-less.
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
Storm

Post by Storm »

Mine stems from the fact that I am fascinated and thrilled by storms and wild weather activity. When a storm is brewing I can feel it in the air and when it finally breaks I love to run outside (as long as I am not the highest point :wink: ) and dance in the sweeping rain while the lightning sears the sky.

Also, I can be a pretty volatile and fiery person.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

"Eretik- This vampiric creature comes from the belief that heretics returned from the grave as Evil spirits. This was the cause of much brutality and hysteria surrounding the Medieval Russian campaign against heretics. The Eretik is made when a sorcerer possesses the soul of someone on the brink of death. A female Eretik has the evil eye and can wither the soul of a victim with her evil gaze." I especially like 'the evil eye' part.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

I hade a close friend tell me I was always a Thorn in his side. I was always a pain, and being blunt, straight forward person, I guess he was right. Then all his friends started calling me Thorn. He unfortanately passed away, but the name stuck.

This was way back when I was only 14. I started writing short stories, and peotry, but I never thought I was any good. I didn't want anyone to know who I was when I entered my peotry/stories into a few contests. Since my friend had always loved my writing I signed it as my pen name.

Slowly the named seeped into other parts of my life. It became my Magik name, my sn. So, now it's my username.

I was also called kittie, for acting slightly feline all the time, but Thorn has much more sentimental value...and...it's just...me. :)
aramae

Post by aramae »

I have a few names that I go by. I came up with aramae for a novel that I am writing, I don't have a title for it at the moment, but I loved the name so much I decided to use it for my web name.

My main one I used has been Galadriel which is signed on all the bottom of my poetry!

And then I have my main magical name which was given to me by a coven I was in when I first started out but I don't use that name very often.
Storm

Post by Storm »

I'm writing a novel too! (I've been in the process of writing it for 3 years now, but hey, lol). I'm an ex-English teacher - so quel surprise, lol.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

I love writing, but I'm no good at it. I'm wicked at coming up with plot hooks and character dynamics for the D & D game that I run, but I sound really corny when I try to get into conversations and details.

As far as my name, my sister chose it a long time ago. I was trying to come up with a neat name for a Vampire: the Masquerade character and she said 'Sercee Nightshade'. That's how I spelled it anyway. It turns out she took it from the goddess 'Circe', but I didn't know that at the time.

I'm an avid gamer, and I ended up using the name for a few characters that I strongly identified with, they eventually became my 'alter egos', or my idealized version of who I am or wish I was (typically elven with red hair, green eyes and sexy, strong, warrior). When I came to the point in my path where it was time to find my magic name I stayed with Sercee, because she has become me and gives me something to aspire towards... except the elven part! I don't think I'll ever be lucky enough to achieve that.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I used to judge an RPG, Dragon warriors. I had a character of Elven origin too. Nirvana, I called her.[ I was into Buddhism, then.] I am very familiar with Masquerade, friends played and I read all the books with a view to becoming a judge [ gamesmaster?] but I lost interest after observing them squabbling. I met the 'Prince of Glasgow' in my local and told him 'yeh, an I'm the bloody queen of the Gorbals!' I was a little inebriated at the time! The joke was lost on him, ah well. I like your name Sercee[ Circe ]and now I understand it too.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

It's definately Sercee. It's become my name, not the goddess' so Circe no longer applies.

I know exactly what you mean about the squabbling at RPGs. I did live RPGs for about 9 years, I even served on the council for the Edmonton Live Role Play Society. About 2 years ago I realized that all the people I used to respect and hang out with had gone on with their lives and no longer showed up. I also realized that everyone (or nearly everyone) that was left were pretty pathetic... they treated gaming like it was the only thing that mattered and acted like junior high kids... even the 30 year olds! So I stopped and now I only play my D & D (or Shadowrun or BESM or whatever we're doing atm) with my close friends.

It turns out my old friends left for the same reason I did and still do some of their own live games, but carefully set up and not at all affiliated with anything by White Wolf or Edmonton LRPS.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I know. Bad me, I should have said I understand it's origins [your name ]
I'm a bit tired today. Insomnia. I like this topic, I hope there are lots of posts, it's interesting to find out.

P.S. off topic, but I like the new avatar!
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Thanks!
Vigdisdotter
Banned Member

Post by Vigdisdotter »

Vigdisdotter is actually what I refer to as my "heathen surname." It's sort of the same idea as Wiccan magickal names, but a little more....broad in scope.

When I needed a screen name for forums nd what not, I got frustrated with the string of numbers at the end of the various name combinations I tried. But when I put in Vigdisdotter....no one else had THAT, so no numbers were needed :) So I've just kept using it as a screen name as well as everything else.

Vig - Warrior
Dis - Goddess
Dotter - Daughter

Return to “For Everyone”