Dreams

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
the-reckoning

Dreams

Post by the-reckoning »

I've been having odd dreams for the last few years that usually come true, if they are reoccuring. And I've had this one specific dream for almost 3 years now. And it's of me dying. I'm kinda freaked out by it since the reoccuring dreams usually come true. Is it just my nerves getting the better of me? Or could I be seeing my own death?
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Dreams of dying represent changes and new beginnings in our lives so I'd really pay it no heed if I were you.
the-reckoning

Post by the-reckoning »

Finally a little bit of clarity. Thank you :)
[Kris]

Post by [Kris] »

I have had a few dreams like that. Once you become a member, go under dreams and you can find out about two of my many dreams that I have had like that. The dreams do freak me out but I try not to worry about them. If your reoccuring dreams to come true then try to remember what it was that led you to your death. Then when you are in a situation like the one in your dream, then try to change it and if you cant the just accept what is to come. I know that that sounds harsh but if you cant change it then you might as well accept it, right?
*The way we respond gives the things we respond to a special quality. In a sense, we make them what they turn out to be for us.*
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

I agree with Hedgewitch. Even in Tarot, the Death card isn't necessary the bad one. I think that's the tower...

Having dreams where you're dying, in my experience, usually means you're either a) not giving attention to something that you should and it might go away if you don't, or b) you're actually letting go of something that you should be.

My most vivid death dream (for myself) was when I was in a car with my ex boyfriend (we had broken up not long before that) and he drove us off a cliff (I don't know if it was deliberate or not). I still remember the feelings I had when we hit the rocks at the bottom, and what I saw, and I know that afterwards I was both refreshed and no longer afraid.
the-reckoning

Post by the-reckoning »

Mine is about me and my "friend" wrestleing in the floor, and he lands on me in an odd way... I can feel the pain, and taste the blood. I lay there and drown in my own blood. It gives me cold chills even thinking about it. But I think I know what it is now. I've been in love with him since I was 13, and over the past year I've been slowly letting go.
[Hearthwitch]

Post by [Hearthwitch] »

I have to agree with hedgewitch. It is highly unlikely that this dream is actually about your death. It is more likely that you're worrying about death and what it will mean, which is perfectly natural as we all think about this once in a while. It could also mean that a phase in your life is ending or you need to consider changing something about your life. Having dreams that repeat themselves can also happen just because you're expecting it to. Indeed there are techniques that can allow you to 'program' dreams.

Honestly, it's very hard to interpret someone's dream. Not seeing it first hand is a huge impediment. Dreams aren't always easy to convey and language is often inadequate to the task. Then there is the fact that despite what Jung might have said we don't all agree to the same meanings for different symbols. A black cat might mean misfortune to some but to others it's a sign they want to buy a kitten or cat.

The best advice I can give you is to let the dream play out and try not to think of it literally.

Hearthwitch.
Kifes42206

DREAMS

Post by Kifes42206 »

I have a question its not about me dying in my dreams persay i mean usually i dont even dream soo this is why these specific dreams are a little weird. Lately they have been about children little girls two of which are my daughters. In in this house and my little gilr is siting there shacking and i mean literally shacking very violently and i see next to head is a sheet of red paper so pick it up and it says to save your daughter you must cast a shielding circle with her in it. So me and this other mother who is there(i dint think i know her) are frantically trying get thing together for this and i wake up not knowing what happenes to her. In the second dream im driving and i see this girl and her mom on the side of the road. Suddenl im talking to this girl and palying with her and we see some frog well each of us picks one up and pain hits us both soo we run into the church acroos the street to wash our hands and this gilr just freaks out and then i wake up. The last one is im trying to help a slow boy when people are going at him in short version. ANY IDEAS? they just seem to focus on kids ?
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

I really have no way to help but try this web site.. i use it a little, not much

http://dreammoods.com/

I have had a dream about my death and i think mayby my child. I remeber giveing birth to it, i have no idea if its a boy or a girl, and we are one our way home from the hospital my fionce gives me thes prety gold and diamond ear rings in the parking lot, and he forgets something, so he gose back inside, and i am sitting there beside my baby and i hear a bang, and then like in very very slow motion i see the bullet comeing for my child so i jump over and cover it and then i feel the bullet go into my back and i wake up. I dont see who shoots, or even see the suroundings i hysr remeber being in the i think it was a truck looking at my ear rings when i hear the gun, and then all i see if the bullet.

I have been told a baby represents death, but death represents life/new begginings, but i am not blessed with the abuility to figure dreams out...even if i have a directory infront of me telling me what means what.
Merry Part
~Addalaide

Return to “For Everyone”