Which Do You Prefer ... ?

Post by Smolly »

ok so technology plays a big part of our lives these days
Emails
Forums
Instant Messengers
and so on

but which do you prefer

recording your experiances, spells, rituals and notes etc using a pen/pencil and book/folder/other

or

typing it all down onto your computer and saving it into a folder?

or perhaps both?

just wanted to see what you guys think ...
i write mine on paper and on my computer, as you can easily change it on the computer but just writing it down .. has a feeling to it ^.^
plus i am trying to create a website with a load of spiritual information on it (mainly pagan - which i also need help/advice with) so its easier to find the information and transfer it.

x.x.x
Deirdre

Post by Deirdre »

I prefer writing my spells, rituals, experiences and everything down on paper. It just feels better to me, and since my computer has regular crashes, i do think it's a bit safer for me :P

I do keep most of my information on the computer aswell, because it is just easier to find things that way...
* ~ * Deirdre * ~ *

Just waiting for my mind to catch up with me.
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

I do alot on my computer, but whrn i wright a spell its always on paper, then trasferd to the computer...and printed..I have like 3 BOS1 in spells one is dreams and everyday life experience and one is information printed offline like the colors, and herbs and stones and the sabbats, and recipies for them.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

i would prefer forums and spells. because i can get all almost instant messenger via pm., and i can almost email ppl via pm, and i prefer writing spells and experiences becuase i enjoy it!

alex
forgottenDuo

Post by forgottenDuo »

I prefer writing, pen and paper. It just seems more personal, more powerful to me. Like writing letters to loved ones, it just means more when I put the extra effort into it.

Jen
Roan

Post by Roan »

Writing them down, since that way they are more convenient to access if i'm away from my computer and I don't have to worry about my computer crashing and losing all of my work. Writing them just seems more personal anyways. My computer is prone to "randome-lose-all-information-saved" glitches, so it isn't very smart of me to save important info on my computer unless i copy it into my livejournal, e-mail drafts, or to disk.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i use both. i draft on my computer and once i like what i have i record it in writing.
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

I use both.

I have all three volumes on my computer in a BOS folder and subs. I transcribe it with a specific feather quill to my books. (Accept my mirror book in which case, any pen is good.)
This way, I have an easy working copy that I can go in and play around with quickly, and a nice hard bound copy that's there and set in stone and won't disapear should a power surge doinks my laptop.

WW
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
Minnie

Post by Minnie »

I write them down on paper. I find the physical act of inscribing them on paper using appropriate colored ink (green for prosperity spells, pink for love spells, blue for healing, etc.) while sending my energy and intention into the writing makes for a stronger connection to the work for me.
Roan

Post by Roan »

appropriate colored ink (green for prosperity spells, pink for love spells, blue for healing, etc.)
So far mine have been in pencil, but I should try that in the future (I only have about 4 spells written down so far, and a list of runes). I wonder what color to use for weather magick?
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i would use a combination for that, blue and white together, green and brown together.

as far as inks go white isnt the easiest to obtain (for me anyway)
androsan

Post by androsan »

I actually prefer to write stuff down, even though I am almost always seen typing on the computer, as I am now, of course. ((Or have I discovered a way to use the Internet without a computer?))
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

When I look up or research things I put it in my computer files.

Once I've actually put together a ritual it goes into my book. Any personal experiences, quotes or specifically wiccan ideals (ie the Wiccan Rede) also go into my book.
[Kris]

Post by [Kris] »

I prefer to write it all down. I mean what if you just type it all on your computer and your computer just goes "boom" one day? Then what? But then again you could end up catching what ever you write in on fire or something and that would suck also. Well, either way there are good and bad things about each so just pick one or both if you like. :)
*The way we respond gives the things we respond to a special quality. In a sense, we make them what they turn out to be for us.*
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

"I mean what if you just type it all on your computer and your computer just goes "boom" one day? Then what?"

backups are becomming more and more common these days almost to the point of necessity, but its so easy to lose stuff.

Return to “For Everyone”