Who doesnt believe in Threefold?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
[moondance]

Who doesnt believe in Threefold?

Post by [moondance] »

Heya am just curious for those that dont believe in the threefold and what do you classify yourself as (IF you even classify yourself as anything (ya I know - classification isnt a good word - I hate labels too) but I have been saying to ppl that I am into wicca - but I realise that I cant be a wiccan as I do not really believe in the threefold law ... but saying that I do always say with Harm to None ... I guess I do nto believe in the 3 fold but at the same time I dont wnat to do spells that will cause harm to myself or anyone else ... I am just tyring to learn bout different kinda of pagans and beliefs etc ... plus I cant keep on saying I am wiccan when I guess I am obviously not if I dont follow one fo the first laws - anyway just curious if anyone else out there like me and what do you consider yourself to be ... whether its pagan, Heathenry, solitary, wiccan,chaos ... wahtever ... thnx [/b]
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

I'll be the first one to respond. I don't really think if you do a spell then things can come back on you 3 fold. I think at times you have no way to predict how your spell will manifest and all kinds of hell can break loose. Is this the same? In my opinion, not really.

To me the 3 fold law is the same as saying "what goes around comes around" or the Golden Rule " Do unto others, etc. etc." , I think maybe it was exaggerated a little bit to make people who shouldn't be doing spells in the first place, think twice. It seems to help for the most part.

My opinion anyway...
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Post by LaFiamma »

Don't believe in it.

"What goes around comes around" makes sense to me. What goes around comes around and around and around? Not so much. Why? How does it get magnified? Why should it get magnified?
Tinu

Post by Tinu »

In the tradition I follow, the Rule of Three doesn't pertain to just spells, but to all energy you send out, and it doesn't mean that it will come back to you just threefold, but however you need it to come across to you till you learn the required lesson.
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Post by LaFiamma »

There's also the idea that whatever you do affects you on three levels- spiritual, physical, emotional...and as I understand, this is what the threefold law really is, not that what you put out comes back three times.

this idea makes a LOT more sense
[moondance]

Post by [moondance] »

hey thanks for your replies girls n guys ... i guess my question is more so if you dont believe in the threefold ... then do you still call yourself a wiccan ... ? I do not really feel I believe in the threefold ... yet when ppl are asking me about my religions / beliefs etc ... i used to say wiccan but realised I am not sure i can use this term since I dont really believe in one of the fundamental rules of wicca... its kinda like saying I am irish when I am english ... in the sense both are under the heading of "british" but two completely different things ... i dont like labels ... but when I am explaining to ppl or trying to educate them on my doctrine ... well i am already misinforming them by saying I am wiccan when I clearly am not ... ? ... so just curious what you all consider yourself to be or classify yourself as .... ? ... or do you still classify yourself as wiccans .. ?
Estelle

Post by Estelle »

I don't believe in the threefold law or karma, as I have seen evidence of neither. I'm also not Wiccan, by any stretch.
Raine

Post by Raine »

Personally, I do believe in Karma and Three Fold.

Why? ~ Because I believe the energy that you send out to the universe in whatever you may be performing at the time, will come back stronger than it was sent out.

This is my personal belief though, everyone is different so the next person might believe something different, but no two people are the same. :)

Blessed Be.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i dont believe in the three fold law. but i dont exactly call myself wiccan either. to me i am something totally my own. though by some i could be identified as wiccan. though i dont believe in the three fold law as such i do believe in the karam effect to a proportion. i believe everything we do comes from somewhere and in this context its very true. like for a very basic example your best friend is so so depressed, and you do a casting to help life thier spirits. i believe this state of content has too come from somwhere and as far as consequences go you may be trading your happiness for someone elses.

hope i made sense

-Sobek
[ravenwing]

Post by [ravenwing] »

Personally I dont believe in the Threefold Law, nor the Wiccan Rede. These are principles of the Wiccan religion, which I am not a member of.

To me its no different than not believing in the Holy Trinity, as I am not a Christian either.

For those that DO believe in these things, I have the utmost respect for you -- everyone SHOULD have a belief system they have Faith in. I just see things a bit differently than most -- the idea of "equal and opposite reaction" is what I work with. Sort of like a "what goes around comes around" kind of thing. The universe must after all remain in balance - there must be a negative for every positive and vice versa, not a 3 for 1 trade. Otherwise the energy would eventually HAVE to run out.
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Post by LaFiamma »

Raine wrote:Personally, I do believe in Karma and Three Fold.

Why? ~ Because I believe the energy that you send out to the universe in whatever you may be performing at the time, will come back stronger than it was sent out.

This is my personal belief though, everyone is different so the next person might believe something different, but no two people are the same. :)

Blessed Be.

Not sure how much you might have thought about this but what you're thinking of might be contrqadictory.

If you're thinking of the idea that everyhting you do affects you on three different levels, then they jive, but if you're thinking that everyhting you do comes back to you three times, that conflicts with the idea that whatever you do, good or bad, gets balanced out.
Bartholomew

Post by Bartholomew »

I mentioned this another thread. I have no idea what to believe at this point in my life.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

in time you will know. dont be in a rush to find everything out. there is plenty of time. especially if you believe in re-incarnation, plenty of time then lol

-Sobek
emberbella

What's in a name?

Post by emberbella »

When I first started practicing, I identified myself as Wiccan. As I've developed my practice and my beliefs, I've started referring to myself as pagan. Its a rather general term, and not very descriptive...but it helps me when I'm trying to explain my religion to someone. I normally don't refer to myself as a witch when talking to people about my religion for the first time, because its led to me having to deal with people accusing me of worshiping satan.

I do believe in the threefold in that a spell or energy will effect mind, body, spirit.
Enki

Post by Enki »

I regard myself as a practical magician. I think the threefold rule is a fairly good rule of thumb when it comes to determining the effect of a act of Will, but the true force that is created depends on differing factors and can be lessened or increased depending on the circumstances.

Return to “For Everyone”