Children

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
stormofwind

Children

Post by stormofwind »

I know this will be a touchey subject but her goes.
This have been on my mind for many years. It came to head when I watched a couple youtube talking about pop culture
She says she has depression and anxiety and epilepsy and she has two kids. For me this very unreasonable to have a child that it can be passed down.
My mother was not most healthy person and she had me I had no immune system and had mild dyslexia and have mild depression.
I have all this, I out grew the terminal illness. And coped with other which has been a long road. But back when my mother had me, there was no info about add and depression in the 70's. Nowadays there so much info. My childhood was hard ... no child should suffer because of an irresponsible parent who does not think of consequences of having a child. When that parent has many health issues.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Children

Post by Firebird »

I believe the bulk of births are not planned, nor is family health considered in these births.
There is lots of help out there these days, if one seeks it.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

stormofwind wrote:My childhood was hard .. no child should suffer.
Uhm, aren't you quite happy to live in the end? You know, new and bizarre experience to put as a memory on your space ship's office desk later on.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

We all have the choice to have or not have children.

I agree that there are people out there that should have kept there pants on blue_flee ... mothers and fathers that just don't seem to care... I've seen so many! But who are we to judge?

In the end these children are wounderful human beings and here for a reason. My best friend was the daughter of a depressive drug adict who killed herself. I am happy she had this baby back in the 1980s. She has her issues but she is a wounderful woman and I am so happy to have her!

Were would we be if everybody with issues would get sterilized? There wouldnt be a single baby.
BB

Blue Moon
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Half a day after I wrote my post here I've seen stormofwind looking at me ... from his computer desk I think.
Just wanted to say that you look good so keep it up and live on :flyingwitch:
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
barker

Post by barker »

SL wrote:Uhm, aren't you quite happy to live in the end? You know, new and bizarre experience to put as a memory on your space ship's office desk later on.
Gr8 analogy. :wink:
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I do believe that anyone who has childred should consider the risk of passing their illnesses to their children. However, an illness can just happen even if you're healthy. My dad for example had epilepsy and it started when he was around 50. But I believe it has been there all his life, only to hmmm, "appear" during a time of an extreme physical stress - he was quite exhausted and had no sleep for a few days back then. By the way, epilepsy can be anything from an eye twitching to heavy blackouts with tongue biting.
I am healthy, but my daughter has vitiligo. Niether me, nor my husband have any history of that particular illness in our families.
I don't know if depression can be passed onto your children (I haven't read enough about it).
I am absolutely convinced that everyone is here for a reason. What the reason might be, I don't know, but I do believe there is one.

Return to “For Everyone”