Going back to school

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
stormofwind

Going back to school

Post by stormofwind »

So my friend is going back to school for one reason or the other.
I don't thinks it's right time for her after being divorced and huge amount stress
she has. Anyways she owes for the first time she went to 5 yr year college.
And never did anything with her degree. engineering and mathematics. I think amount is about forty thousand plus
interest and she never paid on it. Now tacking on more money with online college
which most have been proved a scam..
She complains she has no life work and college when she gets home
She's tired. And she is burning the candle at both ends.
I'm taking high road, not being mean about..
At times I feel her anxiety alot lately what could I say to her in nice way?
About her situation.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Going back to school

Post by SpiritTalker »

Sciences &'technology are fast changing. So if she hadn't been employed in her field since college then skills are rusty & quickly outdated. She would need refresher courses to catch up. Possibly that's what she's intending? Also if she felt successful in that world then returning to it might feel successful again after the divorce which can feel like a failure; school is a familiar stress. Encourage her to think things through. She's moving in the right direction to take back her life.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Going back to school

Post by Firebird »

My daughter finished out her college with an on line school. It was a reputable on line school. They only drawback which wasn't really a drawback for her is she didn't get to walk the stage to receive her diploma. She could have if she wanted to fly to Ohio.
Also your friend may be able to get grants or FASFA. Money should never be an issue if one want to get schooled. Sorry to hear she has such a big debt.
But you are on your new "let go" attitude, so let her live her life, even if you feel like she is making a mistake.
bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “For Everyone”