Karma - Bankers - Influx of cashish

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Lighter

Karma - Bankers - Influx of cashish

Post by Lighter »

Hello,

This is probably a boring question but I have been thinking about since getting to know what happened.

The Scene

Basically, this happened in the stock market where , as you probably know, the banks are the big actors.

What happened today was one of the most popular stocks in the country fell with 40%, about 200 Swedish crowns. I will try to keep this really simple. Basically, the banks coordinated with each other and played a really dirty trick.

What was worth several thousands Swedish crowns, is now worthless because the banks wanted to avoid paying such a huge pay out to the investors.

A lot of investors must have gone bankrupt because the banks played really dirty tricks.

I think what I would need help with ... Is your perspective on karma and if there are any personal morals.

1. A lot of bankers knew that they were purposefully screwing many people's investors and turning them to worth zero(0).

Questions

Since the bankers were fully aware of their actions, don't you think karma should come back biting them in this life? I mean some people perhaps could have lost their investment money that was being saved for their children's 18th year birthday ?
Or do you think karma is a fancy word with no meaning and hence deliberately harming others is fine?

Is there are a difference between what the bankers did and if a personal deliberately killed someone for their own benefit?

The more I think about karma, the more I feel that the concept is as fake as a politicial claiming to be backing the people's opinions in the parliment.
Rathac

Re: Karma - Bankers - Influx of cashish

Post by Rathac »

Personally, I don't believe in karma as a form of cosmic justice. (I can't even rightly define justice.) I view karma as action and reaction, which also means that, according to my own view, people can do what we may perceive as bad and "get away with it."
Is there are a difference between what the bankers did and if a personal deliberately killed someone for their own benefit?
What is the cash amount you would set to treat thievery the same as murder?

I believe there is a difference. If there is no difference, you've got absolutism. And I don't believe the world, or the universe, is absolute. Which is another reason I don't believe karma is a form of cosmic justice, which by it's nature would have to be absolute. Meaning justice--and therefore right and wrong--is the same for everyone equally.

So I've never seen karma as a force to determine right and wrong. Similarly, I personally don't believe in the threefold law (which seems to be an extension of the idea of karma). I simply believe in consequences being equivalent to action. But human beings aren't machines, and we don't always respond in kind. Sometimes we exact revenge grossly disproportionate to the crime.

And sometimes people just get away with doing things that harm others, because we're human and we can't catch them all. At least, they get away with it in the material sense. There does exist the possibility that spiritually, people pay for their transgressions... in some form or another. And in this case, the karma is self inflicted. But I think this depends largely on the person and their spiritual nature. Given that they are thieves to begin with doesn't reveal them to be spiritually focused in the first place. And, as cold as this sounds, the same goes for the victims.

At its core, investing is gambling... and there will always be a loser. So, from that perspective, the bankers were simply better players and they should be applauded for their skill. :?

Return to “For Everyone”