A place to get cheap but nice fairy wings?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Sakura Blossom

A place to get cheap but nice fairy wings?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Even I'm not sure where to put this request, so if my fellow mods (or any other members) think of a better place, by all means let me know. Haha.

ANYWAYS!

Halloween is a big deal at my college, and I'm planning on dressing up as a woodland fairy. I'm going to make the costume myself since I'm an awkward size and I don't want to spend too much money.... But I NEED wings.

Any ideas as to where I could find some nice, affordable ones? Or any general advice on how to make the costume would be great. Haha.

Thank you. (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A place to get cheap but nice fairy wings?

Post by Firebird »

I just got a pair of black and purple ones at the 99cent store. They look pretty durable, but they are for children so they aren't very large. Another down side is the glitter, one just can't get away from it, and I am not a fan of glitter, I tried to get off as much as I could,... ha! But now it's in my lawn :( they're cute though, never know when one will need a pair of wings
goodnevil
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 26714.html
I bet the wings in the video last longer than what some of the stores sell. You're such a busy girl though, Sakura, so I'm not sure if these might be too much of a hassle to make. But there's always next year. :wink:
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Yeah, I unfortunately don't have the time right now to make my own. ): But that's an awesome idea for next time! Thanks!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Return to “For Everyone”