Everything feels so empty!

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Sakura Blossom

Everything feels so empty!

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I've been in the process of packing everything, and now my room feels kind of bare. I haven't even started taking down all the larger stuff yet, but my closet is almost empty! Haha!

I decided to wait and leave my altar up until the last minute, however, as I do foresee myself using it before I go. It's just going to be hard on me, because I love my altar and I love the set up... But moving in with roommates (one of which I met today who seems... racist, sexist and probably intolerant with how he was joking about black magic/satanism/voodoo) I can't really keep it out in the open. ): I'm going to have to be a bit conspicuous with my spells until I know whether or not they're okay with it. I grew up with religious freedom and doing what I wanted, and I did inform them today that I am as I believe it's best to be outright but of course not pushy with the subject. It came up in conversation and I just briefly mentioned that I am Pagan/Wiccan (I always add the Wiccan in there, so that other people will understand what exactly it is I do, even if it's not genuine understanding. They at least know what I'm talking about).

It's hard to accept that I can't do these things daily. ): Or at least, in the manner of which I usually do.

Has anyone else had this problem? I know a lot of people on here tend to have the opposite problem, where you've had to hide it all along.

Thanks!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Everything feels so empty!

Post by Firebird »

Woah girl, how exciting for you. That's a bummer about the roomie, but you can get out doors and find yourself a special tree or rock, and make that place your connection to spirit. Might have to make a less conspicuous altar, and don't mention what is you do anymore, sounds like they might not be welcoming to it
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Sakura Blossom

Re: Everything feels so empty!

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thankfully there wasn't anything that showed me they wouldn't be open to it. I only met him once so it isn't enough time to really get an opinion about him. (: just hoping my first impression was wrong. It's all about helping others by trying to let them see that it isn't so scary or bad. Of course I'm not going to sit there and lecture him, but if anytime it arises to let it be seen that this isn't horrible, I will try to make that known.

And thanks for the tip! I totally forgot we have a nice backyard! With lots of trees surrounding the house. I think that will be a nice place to relax and be close to nature. I also have a shelf that I'm going to be using as my altar too. I won't bring back my big one and favorite one until I find a more permanent home if those roommates are alright with it. (: we will be using this altar table for our living room table anyways. Haha.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Return to “For Everyone”