Girl Scout Cookies Boycott

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Peregrine

Girl Scout Cookies Boycott

Post by Peregrine »

Well well well... usually I do not buy Girl Scout cookies for a couple of reasons, first and foremost I prefer to avoid as much added sugar in my diet as I can. After reading this, however, I think I am going to go out and buy a few just to make a statement about the blatant hate and ignorance that has been injected into this girl's mind.

http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Califo ... 84723.html
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
AutumnMaidens

Re: Girl Scout Cookies Boycott

Post by AutumnMaidens »

I do not buy anything children sell at the door, I feel it is child servitude. We don't have something like scouts in the Netherlands (not in the way the US does anyway) and I do not like the idea of girl-scouts anyway because in my eyes men and women should be treated equally, and so if boys want to join and sell cookies they should be allowed to.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."

Return to “For Everyone”