Source of the Witch's Power

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Earth Ritual

Source of the Witch's Power

Post by Earth Ritual »

There is a book called Don Juan and the Art of Sexual Energy by Merilyn Tunneshende that contains a dialogue between an apprentice and a seasoned witch. I offer an aspect of the dialogue here. I find it empowering and a powerful reminder to be true to myself. Below are the words of the season witch.

Think of what Earth was like before people started to misunderstand her power and teat her with disrespect. She was pure, powerful, sometimes volatile and harsh during times of change, but wise, life-giving, abundant. There was never any doubt who had the final say. The Earth was in charge. She could be ferocious when needed, but she shared that ferocity with her chosen. The Earth is a survivor, she will fight, but she also knows peace.

Now there is doubt about who has control. There is abuse of power, corruption, pollution. But I assure you the control is still in the same place and the Earth is growing fangs, in case she needs to use them. What I do is merely a reflection of the powers I wield, female powers that come straight from the Earth. Those who fear and dread me merely see a reflection of the repercussion of their unclean ways. Those who are at peace with me realize that a strong female is always responsible for the best males and females, and for the best balance of life on Earth. A strong female, if she is balanced by the virtue of her power, has strong love and loves strength. She creates strength in love and there is balance and peace. If there is imbalance, there is anger and reason to fear.

The difference between a witch and an ordinary powerful woman is that the witch knows the mysteries she wields and from whence they come. The ordinary woman is like a powerful care, powerful because she has a dynamic engine, and yet she doesn’t no know how she works and looks to the man to tinker on her, make her repairs and know how to operate her controls. Can you imagine that the Earth would ever forget how she works? Or could she forget that she is the one who gives life and teaches about its maintenance?

Well, neither would the witch, but this is the plight of ordinary women. And this is why both ordinary men and ordinary women fear what they call witches, a name meant to evoke terror. Powerful men of knowledge do not fear, but rather respect powerful female wise women.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Very interesting thoughts!

I have a question for everyone here. Do any of you guys find that sometimes you feel like you, in essence loose your powers from time to time? There are times that I feel like I end up walking blind for a time. Anyone else seem to have this problem and how do you handle it?
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

The first thing I do is never to trick myself into thinking that I can't loose my powers or move into a fallow space.

The second is to see it as a natural process like grieving or the Earth turning inward for winter and to affirm that my natural sate of being freedom, joy, and ease.

The next is to just ride it out and be compassionate with myself doing what comes naturally one step at a time.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Earth Ritual

I like your take on this issue. I know that from time to time I am walking around essentially blind and it drives me nuts. I am so used to having the energy going through me that when it does not seem to be happening I get depressed. I think looking at it the way you stated is a great way to think about it. Thank you for your great insight!
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

You're Welcome. It happens to me too. I'm happy I can help.

reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

I think it happens to all of us from time to time. When it happens to me not only do I feel blind but I find it takes me longer to regain my strength. Do you sometimes feel that it works out to your benefit to be blind for a few days?
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

One of my affirmation is: Everything, Everything will work out in my favor.

I think that whenever someone chooses to take the healing journey circumstances will always workout in their favor.

Xal

Post by Xal »

reikihealer83 wrote:Very interesting thoughts!

I have a question for everyone here. Do any of you guys find that sometimes you feel like you, in essence loose your powers from time to time? There are times that I feel like I end up walking blind for a time. Anyone else seem to have this problem and how do you handle it?
Kryon talks about this a lot. This is known as a spiritual reset. This happens to many usually when they achieve a level of awareness or energy. Their body goes through a period where it has to reset the energies to allow the new ones to become active. Almost like how you have to reset a computer after you install a new program.

Sometimes after a reset people will find their old techniques don't work anymore or don't work as well.

As for what Earth Ritual posted, I tend to not like or agree with those sorts of pieces. The whole idea that there was a better time and now we screwed it all up. Everything happens for a reason, everything is guiding us towards evolution. It is our flaws and problems that propel us the quickest towards enlightenment. Without them we would have no need to grow.

Also the whole women power tripping thing puts me off. I would also say its hypocritical as she says "the witch knows the mysteries she wields and from whence they come." From what she is saying I would doubt her greater understanding of the universe at larger.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Xal wrote:
reikihealer83 wrote:Very interesting thoughts!

Kryon talks about this a lot. This is known as a spiritual reset. This happens to many usually when they achieve a level of awareness or energy. Their body goes through a period where it has to reset the energies to allow the new ones to become active. Almost like how you have to reset a computer after you install a new program.

Sometimes after a reset people will find their old techniques don't work anymore or don't work as well.

As for what Earth Ritual posted, I tend to not like or agree with those sorts of pieces. The whole idea that there was a better time and now we screwed it all up. Everything happens for a reason, everything is guiding us towards evolution. It is our flaws and problems that propel us the quickest towards enlightenment. Without them we would have no need to grow.

Also the whole women power tripping thing puts me off. I would also say its hypocritical as she says "the witch knows the mysteries she wields and from whence they come." From what she is saying I would doubt her greater understanding of the universe at larger.
I think this piece is beautiful because of its empowerment of the feminine principle. As you suggest, Xal, the journey towards a deeper understanding of the universe continues. I think the work to empower the feminine principle on this planet is still very much important especially when we consider women who contain the power to have reality go as they say and yet they are in abusive situations.

I agree that one of the pitfalls of thinking that times were so much better before is the idea that whatever is happening now should not be. For myself, this has been the secret fuel of seeing things from the prospective of victim. It is yet another example of the dance between shadow and light, pitfall and utopia.

I think one of the beautiful things about the times in which we are living is that we are seeing a resolution to this paradoxical war between modernity and indigenocity.

I think that in the wake of seeing that both are two sides of the same coin it becomes easier to see the infinite amount of other ways out of the age old dichotomy. Just as a strong masculine principle and strong feminine principle contribute the wholeness and it is that wholeness that contributes the universe, combining time and timelessness, endings and new beginnings, possibilities and impossibilities and all that is in between.

What is more is that each individual gets a chance to say how we are evolving as a species. That level of empowerment is unprecedented and that is the gift and the challenge of the age.

Xal

Post by Xal »

I agree with you completely :)
Beautifully said.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
cloud

Post by cloud »

bravo i very much like wat most of u have said and i did find this first post most helpful it answer a very important question that i very much want to an answer too :D
yeah yeah yeah im a kid but arnt we all

Return to “For Everyone”