what have i done???

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

Hun when u put out the energy that bad things always happen to you, then that is exactly what youre going to get... thoughts and especially words are extremely powerful!! The more you say "why me" or "bad things always happen to me" well then the more it will happen.
jaelle

Post by jaelle »

I just discussed this at a supervisory training course. Your mind is split into two “consciousnesses”. The alert side (the part that runs your life and thinks “OMG! Taylor Lautner is so hot!!!” and then remembers he’s like seventeen and you’re 25 and therefore your love is Doomed to Squick) and the subsconscious side – what can be called alternatively the id, the Sticky One, the Dictator, the instinct, etc.

The alert side communicates to you via the brain. You think it, you do it. You wake up one morning and think “oh, laundry needs to be done because I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!!” and then you go and do laundry. Or you think “god I’ve got to go see New Moon” and then before you know it you’ve not only organized your friends into a mass costume-wearing movie-attending party, but somewhere along the way you have also started an after-party, and somehow you got the idea that little red apple invitations were totally the way to go. But I digress.

Your subconscious, though, the little sneaker, bypasses the thinking brain entirely on its way to communicate. It sends it’s little directions direct (ha. awkward sentence) to the body. Kind of like a giant f*ck you to the brain, if you ask me, since the subconscious is to the conscious like a CRAY supercomputer is to, well, the recycled computer you got for Grandmother to play bridge online and send guilt-inspiring emails to the grand kids with.

Okay, getting back on track. According to my instructor you CAN learn to communicate with your brain. The example she gave was golfing. Let’s say you’re planning to shoot the ball (I’m not a golfer, so bear with me here) and you don’t want to hit the water. So you think to yourself “Okay now, don’t hit the water. DO NOT HIT THE WATER!”. However, because the subconscious has ears like my Dad it only hears the very last word. So to it, all you’re saying is “WATER!” and of course you then sink your ball right into the middle of the big giant puddle.

Communication improves, my instructor said, when you learn how to code what you want so your brain- both sides of it- starts to work together. An example would be losing weight. That’s my goal. I’ve always wanted to lose weight, and it’s never happened for me. According to what I have learned it is because I’m phrasing this goal (also an affirmation) wrong. I need to switch the language around so that instead of saying what I don’t want, I instead say what I DO want.

So instead of saying "god, why does my life suck?!!" you should say "I am going to be happy."
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Jaelle, while I agree with what you say, it probably works better on paper than in real life.

A lot of people do have terrible life experiences that leave them so emotionally scared that simply by adding a little pinch of 'positive thinking' won't make much difference.

Who was it that once said: An pessimist is an optimist with experience?
jaelle

Post by jaelle »

Oh, I agree with THAT, too! I think the previous post was just a result of "oh, here's this new idea and it's supercool". However, you're right - some things can not be changed or denied or fixed or healed, no matter how much positive thought you put into them.

Today though, I'm more realistic. :)

And I love that quote. Here's a good one:
OPTIMISM, n. The doctrine, or belief, that everything is beautiful, including what is ugly, everything good, especially the bad, and everything right that is wrong. It is held with greatest tenacity by those most accustomed to the mischance of falling into adversity, and is most acceptably expounded with the grin that apes a smile. Being a blind faith, it is inaccessible to the light of disproof — an intellectual disorder, yielding to no treatment but death. It is hereditary, but fortunately not contagious.
~ that's Ambrose Bierce, from the Devil's Dictionary. :D
Hiddencast

Re: what have i done???

Post by Hiddencast »

I love reading old stuff I posed it is like...a diarie. Online so never lots. I am sorry. I grew up from...this part of me. xD

Bless all of you who helped me through my...bipoler yung adelsent stage
[color=#004000]~Krissie[/color]
wiccawitchgirl

Re: what have i done???

Post by wiccawitchgirl »

HOLD IT!!!!!!

Make a pact with yourself. No thoughts of marriage or children until you are in your 20's ok?

Enjoy your life while you're young. Don't rush into anything.

Stop worrying about your relationship. The more chilled out you are about it the more chance it has in lasting. The more uptight you get about it the more chance it will end. Just relax and enjoy each other's company, what's all the urgency for?

Copy and paste your last post and print it out. Keep it somewhere safe for about 10 years then look at it. It will give you a good laugh.
I have to say i agree don't do something that can change yor life at a point so young. Also about hating the fact that your happy for one day and the next in pain. I do too. i feel like one day my mother is nice and loving the next a screaming bitch. I hate it but i always look forward to just going to sleep so i can relax. try that!
Only the body dies. The soul lives on. - Scott Cunningham

Return to “For Everyone”