I'm going to have a hard time at work today.

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
JackRabbitSlims

I'm going to have a hard time at work today.

Post by JackRabbitSlims »

Today is two things:

-Mothers day, (Happy mothers day to all the women out there by the way! :) )

-church day for the carehome.

So this is why I'm going to have difficulties.

Yesterday women from the Salvation army came to sing and read scriptures out of the bible to the residents that chose to come.

So the lady is up there and she's like, " I have a scripture that pertains to our upcoming holiday, Mothers day."

So she's reading and at first I wasn't paying attention to it. But then I started listening.

As she was reading from the bible, I realized she was reading about women. Specifically mothers.

It said very plainly that a wife should serve her husband and son, and she will be loved because of it.

Her finally words were "A woman who fears god, will be praised."

Read from the bible.

And there's some other ladies behind her going, oh amen!

I want to stand up and shout at them, WHAT THE F*CK?!! You know your beautiful, powerful, and amazing enough to produce life WITHOUT FEARING YOUR GOD.

jeeeeez. It kills me that these amazing women are so blindly following a faith that tells them to shut it up, or they aren't holy.

I'm starting to have real problems with christianity.

Well, the doctorine. Not the faith I guess.
.You are Beautiful.
blackswordca

Post by blackswordca »

Sadly this is the problem with old human institutions.. they tend to keep their old values as long as possible.
hicksfan

Post by hicksfan »

whatever you do, don't read judges 19.
a lie is a lie even if everyone believes it, the truth is the truth even if nobody believes it.
hicksfan

Post by hicksfan »

"it will yet be the proud boast of women that they never contributed a line to the bible" - george w. foote
a lie is a lie even if everyone believes it, the truth is the truth even if nobody believes it.
HallowHim

Post by HallowHim »

hicksfan wrote:whatever you do, don't read judges 19.

hahaha this is funny....hahaha
JackRabbitSlims

Hallowhim: sorry, but why is it funny?
---------------------
Men raping and abusing women in the bible? And then cutting up her used body and send her out throughout the kingdom?

HA HA HA HA.
EXTREMLY FUNNY.

Not.

Once again, reasons why I'm having problems with catholic/ christian doctorine.
.You are Beautiful.
hicksfan

Post by hicksfan »

JackRabbitSlims wrote:Hallowhim: sorry, but why is it funny?
---------------------
Men raping and abusing women in the bible? And then cutting up her used body and send her out throughout the kingdom?

HA HA HA HA.
EXTREMLY FUNNY.

Not.

this is tribal religion at a base level. it's old school old testament, but yahweh in the old testament was tribal. he made an agreement with abraham have all your sons worship me and i'll look over you. abraham was the father of isaac, isaac was the father of jacob. jacob had twelve sons, the children of israel. those twelve tribes were who the body parts of the woman were sent to.

#1, keep in mind the men initially wanted to have sex with the priest, and he offered up his concubine instead.

#2, it's not clear whether she was dead or not before the priest found her the next day. was it him that killed her to cut her up to rile the troops?

#3, you notice that they killed the benjaminites down to a controlled number, as decreed and followed, then gave them some of their women so they could repopulate. they were a fellow tribe, they could not kill them off completely.

god's got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one.
HallowHim

Post by HallowHim »

JackRabbitSlims wrote:Hallowhim: sorry, but why is it funny?
---------------------

HA HA HA HA.
EXTREMLY FUNNY.

Not.

it's funny hicksfan not the words in bible.,,,

peace :wink:
JackRabbitSlims

Hicksfan@ "God got 99 problems but a bitch aint one."

Oh my goodness. Hahahahahhaah that made my day :)

Hallowhim@ I understand now :)

Bright blessings,
Tara
.You are Beautiful.
Her_Child

Post by Her_Child »

Sorry, but I don't love those that I fear, I feel animosity. So there ya go. Reason number 584496 why Christianity isn't for me.

I've found soooo many disturbing excerpts from the bible. You named one of them. How about:

Their children will suffer the sins of their parents....

HOW SICK IS THAT?!?!
blackswordca

Post by blackswordca »

Her_Child wrote:Sorry, but I don't love those that I fear, I feel animosity. So there ya go. Reason number 584496 why Christianity isn't for me.

I've found soooo many disturbing excerpts from the bible. You named one of them. How about:

Their children will suffer the sins of their parents....

HOW SICK IS THAT?!?!
Well its to help people live better lives if not for themselves for their children. Sometimes people will not do something for themselves, but will do something for somebody they care for a lot
"The meek shall inherit the Earth.. the rest of us shall conquer the stars"
Her_Child

Post by Her_Child »

I do absolutely agree with the reason why things like that are in the bible. I think in alot of ways the bible was intended as a sort of "guide to better living". I'm just not a fan of the scare tactics used, that's all.
blackswordca

Post by blackswordca »

understanding and agreeing are two separate entities :)
"The meek shall inherit the Earth.. the rest of us shall conquer the stars"
TaciRain
Banned Member

Post by TaciRain »

2nd kings 2:23-25

2:23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them. The Children of Bethel mourned by their mothers
(Laurent de La Hire, 1653)
2:25 And he went from thence to mount Carmel, and from thence he returned to Samaria.

i think its kinda f*cked up that god sent 2 bears to slaughter 42 kids just for making fun of elisha's lack of hair. just my opinion...
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

To "Go Up" in this instance means to die; to ascend to the next world or Borderlands. Hence the bears were sent to protect him from this gang of killers. So, it was an act of defense of an innocent-Elisha.

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.

Return to “For Everyone”