Dietary issues?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Dietary issues?

Post by Release.the.bats »

Okay, so lately I have been extremely tired all the time.
Not like, I could go to sleep in about ten minutes.
But, you struggle to keep your eyes open and they sting, kind of tired.
I really need to regain my energy because i've got a lot to accomplish.
It's my senior year and I still have my constitution test [ which determines whether I graduate] and concentrating on grades, art and homework.
But all i've been doing is napping.
I think I might need to add something to my diet, because I have a feeling this is coming from the fact that everything my mom makes comes from a box or a can.
I'm missing out on a lot of my natural foods, but she dosen't understand.
So, any suggestions of foods to get or make?
Anything?
I really need to regain my energy.
A lot of really important things are occuring within the next month and a half.
Help?
:shock:
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Post by Crowfeather »

Well, I know when I need lasting energy for the next day, expecially physical tests of some sort, I eat pasta of some kind. Usually spaghetti.
From your local wal-mart, you can get packs of spaghetti noodles dirt cheap- bout $1.50US. A jar of prepared spaghetti sauce isn't much either, just heat it in a saucepan and you're good. If you want to make it a little more homestyle, my mum buys cans of "homestyle" spaghetti sauce, just the sauce, heats it in a pan with oregano, browned burger (hamburger that's turkey meat, mum's weird), and tomato paste to thicken it. In a separate pot, boil water to rolling, then boil noodles to 'al dente'. Strain them and let cool a little before eating them. (sorry if you already know how to cook it, lol)
Pastas are really good because of carbohydrates. Breads do well too. If I need a good boost, and I can't cook something like spaghetti, a Subway sandwich usually does the trick, in a pinch.
JackRabbitSlims

Post by JackRabbitSlims »

Do jew eat much fruit, or take vitamin C?

Cause that could be good. Maybe your lacking some kind of vitamin or mineral. You can check at your local health or vitamin store for certain kinds.

I have a weak immune system due to a virus, so my doctor reccomended getting this "high potency" vitamins. They basically provide all the vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients you normally would get. 1 vitamin covers it all. And its easy to remeber to take if you just do it in the morning. But be careful eating it on an empty stomach, because high potency pills rock your system, even if you ate. I once took a pill on an empty stomach and it made me sh-ick.

Gross. Lol

I also had a friend say since she was tired all day, her doctor told her to try fish oil pills. I don't know exactly what they do for your system but I'm sure you could look into it :)

I'm gonna get a list o herbs that I'll get to you as well. :]
.You are Beautiful.
oOKissedTheWitchesOo

Post by oOKissedTheWitchesOo »

eat lots of greens. They'll boost your energy. Also make sure you're not drinking too much caffene because it can make you 'crash'

Return to “For Everyone”