Issues about being a Wiccan ...

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Fanny

Issues about being a Wiccan ...

Post by Fanny »

I know it's a weird question , but does any of you guy's have had issus with bein one? Ive bein a Wiccan for a long time .. stoped practicing for a while but always stayed one at heart.. I just dont like bein asked my religion with the fear of bein judge / question by my answer ...

And I dont understand why...I know what I am , and what I believe in ...so why do I fear others opinion on it ? ...weird I know ....whats you opinion on it ?
Never regret anything, because at one point ...it was exacly what you wanted!
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

i definatly agree with you on that one....... but if i am asked then i dont ly, i say im wiccan, but i pray im not asked :P and i dont go paraiding(sp??) around that i am wiccan

its hard having to fight against the sterotypical shrade (sp???) of being a witch, the other day with a group of friend the topic of religion was asked and i was asked mi beliefs, and after saying i was wiccan, most of mi guys friend thought it was so funni that i still belief in 'fairies and witches'........ (but after i punched one of them in the arm they stopede :P, just wish i coudl punch harder :P:P:P)

but i do think it an issue we are faced wit
~willow~

*blessed be*
~Merry meet, Merry part, til we Merry meet again~
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

I am not usually asked so I don't worry about that. I have more of this internal struggle because I was brought up Christian, like many of us here were. I think they practically brainwash you into thinking that if you believe in anything but what they do that you're going to hell. I sorta have an issue as well as the whole Goddess and other deity thing. Again when you're brought up Christian, you know what they say. I stayed away from working with any other Deities for along time because of it. I stared doing more with it lately and I really do feel a presence. So I wonder if there is a one "main" God out there and there the other ones are like sub-gods? I don't know.
Ok, I'm sure some Christian will respond to this.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

i too was brought up christian, tho not a strong christian, it is a tought transaction into 'hell'. althought i dont have any issues with using the godess, i could guess what that would be like.

~willow~
~willow~

*blessed be*
~Merry meet, Merry part, til we Merry meet again~
nate

Post by nate »

Well, I get asked all the time...

It's mostly because I'm the president of the Pagan Society at my College.

not because of how I dress or act... which is usually normal. I don't draw much attention to myself.

Everyone asks me "what's a pagan" "what's a wiccan" etc, etc... Then I get people tearing down our posters, or putting up scary christian tracts that say "you're going to hell," or sometimes I get glares.

Other people don't care, and I have friends that are still my friends even if I pagan. Others find out, and they avoid me.

Some people prejudge, but others don't. It's something you live with.

--nate

Return to “For Everyone”