Caring for Mother Earth

Helping Mother Earth, Recycling, Picking up Litter.
hedge*

Caring for Mother Earth

Post by hedge* »

As most of us feel a divine connection with Mother Earth, and some of us share Earth based religions, I was curious to know how many of us here actually take time out to help conserve our beautiful planet. Do you re-cycle? Do you throw litter on the ground? This includes chewing gum and ciggarette butts ( the latter I am very guilty of, but am making a conscious effort to stop this ) Do you leave your recharger plugged in when you don't need to? Do you leave lights on in the house or the t.v on standby? Do you drive when you really could've walked?
As humans we should be consciously aware of the everyday damage done to our environments, as pagans it should become a part of our spiritual journey. We each can play an important part in helping to conserve our planet. As someone once said "if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem"

Your thoughts please.

hedge
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

I agree that we have a responsibility to be responsible with the Earth. In Canada, recycling is huge, and so is not littering. It is certainly not as clean as Singapore, but we are a pretty environmentally friendly country, considering the age we are in. (by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA!!!--I am honoured to live in perhaps the best country in the world right now and today's our birthday!!!)

If I could Hedge, i would drive a car that is fuelled by water. . .but the age is not ready for that. I always butt out my cigarettes in the ashtray, rather than throw them around the city. The butts do better at a landfill site than on the street. And yes, during heatwaves (which we have right now) I always turn the air conditioner to a higher temp, so it doesn't have to work as hard. And no, I never leave machines running that do not need to be running.

Many of us chose to be reincarnated at this time to help the Earth through the coming changes. The second wave of light-workers are stating to gather energy for the next shift in consciousness (which is already at hand) and so it is at once a wonderful and dangerous time to exist. I, for one, am glad I chose this time to live as it is simply a blessing to help the world as best as one can.

Peace,
bsp
Orion

Post by Orion »

Personally I do what I can to keep clean. Though we're far enough out that we don't have a recycling route. I normally have to keep my parents from taking the car to go check the mailbox. I live upstairs in the house, so it's normally a little hotter but I never turn the a/c on (have to watch out, as mom tends to crank it up). Mostly it's little things that I do. But better than nothing, eh?

As far as the driving a car fuelled by water, that's not really that far off. There are even plans out there for hydrogen powered cars, lol. Just water costs more than gasoline at the moment (a world of price gougers). Our industrialization is powered on the dead of the past, an interesting thought.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
Alhandra

Post by Alhandra »

Yeh ın Dunoon where i live its a really small town so there is hardly any litter I do have a habbit though of leaving the light on even though i try really really hard at it because ıt wastes energy and because its expansıve and of course my dad will shout at me if i dont! lol. İ did do something helpful last month back and that was cleaning the shores and beaches but that was a punishment from my parent which we will not get in to but i dıd kında feel proud and satisfied with myself for helping.
Katrina

Romany Saying~
"the tatcho drom to be a jinny penmergo is to dik, to shoon and to rig drey zi"
The true way to be a wise man is to see, to hear and to bear in mind.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

I also do what I can. I always recycle at home, and I've trained my family to do the same. At the office, I actually discard them in the ordinary trash, but... we have a group of trash-diggers that come by regularly to scavenge and get the recycleables to trade for money. (In Calif. that's normal). So, recycling I do. And anything else I can.

Now, so far as cars powered by water... that's actually a pretty bad idea, if you ask me. Primarily because draught would happen, and really quickly. Why is the cost of gasoline so high? Because it is under high demand, and regulated. So, with so many people that have to drive, and of course, everyone and everything that has to have water to survive, the idea of cars running on water could end up causing the death of Mother Earth, not bettering her. (Crops, humans, animals, panic.... it could get really bad.)

And on that happy thought, let me go throw something in the recycle bin.

~BB~
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Good point MoonStone,

I think you are right, the water would get depleted too. Maybe we could fuel cars with human hair clippings or urine or something? We need to find a renewable resource to fix this automated insanity of a society we have built, but it seems the only one I have found this life is SPIRIT. However, spirit does demand action. . .so hopefully we will act to start cleaning up our mess, guided with proper intentions.

With hope,

bsp
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Too bad spirit and wishful thinking can't fuel 'em. :28: Urine (as disgusting as it is,) is actually a more plauseable idea. It is a bit acidic, but I'm sure we could do something to equip our vehicles to handle it. Hmm- anyone remember the Back to the Future Delorean? Banana peels and beer. Sounds good to me.

~BB~
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

Well, urine-powered cars may stop people peeing in the streets near where I live. Aah, Britain.....tea and toast, walks in the countryside, old men laying giant cables (poos for you Americans etc) in the streets....
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

As for the Earth, I do not eat her animals, I do not throw my butts around ( we put them in our pockets or in a litter bin). I belive in sharing showers as offen as possible ( ok not totally for the earth but hey it saves water). If we don't take care of our mother who will.
Matt*

Post by Matt* »

I agree totally, I am guilty of some of these things and if my illness has taught me anything it is to appreciate everything around us and by everything i mean everything, right from the air we breathe to the bread we eat. The list is very long but i'm sure you all know what i'm getting at

Matt
Am I awake or am I still dreaming?
AnuChild

Post by AnuChild »

A lot of my "caring for Mother Earth" is self-motivated because chemicals, etc. boost my illness into overdrive... so I eat organic everything. My college actually has bins in every hall for recycling, so we have no excuse not to. My family uses natural fertilizers, etc. because I'm sick and many of their friends children have illness as well and the last thing we girls need are more chemicals in the water supply.
Come, heart, where hill is heaped upon hill:
For there the mystical brotherhood
Of sun and moon and hollow and wood
And river and stream work out their will.

W. B. Yeats, Into the Twilight
JunkMan

Post by JunkMan »

I'm very 'earth' conscious. I recycle, walk or ride a bike when I can, I conserve energy by not having needless lights on and so forth. I always put my cig butts in an ashtray. I drive a sensible car with a small motor, and I never litter.

The way I see it, we as humans are responsible for our earth, and everything in/on it. My guess is that we will be reincarnated back to the world which we leave behind. It just seems appropriate. I do my best for the earth, and I truly believe that we are responsible for 'saving' it, and ourselves. Mankind seems to be rolling faster into destruction. It is up to us to save our species. This is the way I see it. We are the dominant species, and we have great responsibility, both to our earth, and ourselves.

I really don't think reincarnation is a choice, but that's just me . . .I think we keep comming back until we get it right. Either that, or we destroy the most beautiful things known to man. (Our earth, and ourselves)

I'm off topic a bit, so I'll stop.

My two cents . . .
FatalMind

Post by FatalMind »

I feel so guilty.. >.<
Awen

Post by Awen »

I recycle as much as I can, I always pull every plug out when I'm not using it, turn all the lights off, etc (that also saves loads of money because you use 60% of your power on standby, imagine how much you would save if you didnt have them on!).

My work is ... TERRIBLE - i have already talked to the main boss about getting recycling in and she said "we talked about it once but it isnt financially viable for us to do so"... I was totally dismissed. I felt like saying "well when we're all gone, from not looking after our planet, your business wont mean very much then, will it!?" grrrrrrrr

I've just discovered eco-dishwashing tablets in my local healthshop! They're not even more expensive than normal ones! I just have to convince hubby to try them ... he thinks I'm mad with a lot of my "stuff" (lucky he's very accepting at the same time hehe) but I should be able to convince him!

I study druidry, so its a really big part of me to recycle and look after the earth. I would love to hear ideas on how we can do this automatically, anything is welcome. I try to send healing energy to the earth as much as I can, but I'm only one person, you know?

Awen x
Hera#76

Post by Hera#76 »

Recycling - great. Works a treat. I also grow as much as I can myself in the spring and summer. Unfortunately I can't do that in the winter. I also try to buy locally grown produce rather than buy from large supermarkets - this is tricky sometimes as it takes more time to organise and is more expensive. I don't drive or smoke so the car and cigarette industry are not beter off because of me, and I often walk back from work. I do get a lift to work but it is with my boyfriend who needs to drive to his work and goes past mine to get there.

We recycle as much as we can, but unfortunately have to drive to the recycling center as our local council has not started the pick up scheme in our area.
Bubbles float because they are light and happy; don't let life wear you down!

Return to “Environmentalism”