EARTH DAY!!!

Helping Mother Earth, Recycling, Picking up Litter.
JBRaven
Banned Member

EARTH DAY!!!

Post by JBRaven »

Until a man duplicates a blade of grass, Nature can laugh at his so-called scientific knowledge. Remedies from chemicals will never stand in favorable comparison with the products of Nature, the living cell of a plant, the final result of the rays of the sun, the mother of all life.
-- Thomas Alva Edison

A living planet is a much more complex metaphor for deity than just a bigger father with a bigger fist. If an omniscient, all-powerful Dad ignores your prayers, it's taken personally. Hear only silence long enough, and you start wondering about his power. His fairness. His very existence. But if a world mother doesn't reply, Her excuse is simple. She never claimed conceited omnipotence. She has countless others clinging to her apron strings, including myriad species unable to speak for themselves. To Her elder offspring She says - go raid the fridge. Go play outside. Go get a job. Or, better yet, lend me a hand. I have no time for idle whining. ~David Brin

As a believer of a Nature based religion, I think earth day should be one of our most sacred holiday. Take time to reflect about the beauty of this planet we call home this week during Earth Day! Ask yourself this question, "Am I making a difference to enhance, protect and invest in the quality of life for future generations of this planet we named Earth?" If not, then begin this week by applying actions to a few green ideas and investments to this Planet. Though International Earth Day is said to be the original Earth Day and celebrated on the March equinox (March 20-21), America celebrates our mother on the 22 of April. Take the time today to give thanks to our Great Mother, take a moment to take care of her needs, Go out and take part in her glory. Remember that everyday should be earth day.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Re: EARTH DAY!!!

Post by Symandinome »

*thunderous round of applause*

Return to “Environmentalism”