Recycling Trash Pick-ups

Helping Mother Earth, Recycling, Picking up Litter.
Avalon

Recycling Trash Pick-ups

Post by Avalon »

I have noticed that, especially where I live, the only people that manage to receive the recycling trash pick-up are those that are deemed worthy of it.
Apparently in the city I live in only the middle and upper classes are allowed to recycle.
This distinction is wrong and should be offered to all people not just those that live in what we call "white collar" areas.
I have to drive 25 miles to my nearest recycling center every time I want to take some papers or cans and I have to go to 3 different places in order to be able to recycle. Surely this is causing me to use more gas in my car and thus result in me adding to pollution rather that saving Mother Earth.
If I could get the trash service, and believe me I have tried, it would not only be more economical but would result in less greenhouse gasses.

I was wondering if anyone else has had the same experience as me or if I am once again alone in my thoughts?
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Ok I was just corrected by my husband for using the term "white collar" it seems that particular phrase is too broad and could offend many people.

Let me clarify my exact meaning.

The areas I am talking about are upscale areas that are very new money rich people. The kind of people (and I really hate to use these terms) that only do recycling because they want to brag about the fact that they did something for the environment whilst still driving around in their hummers that get all of 8 miles per gallon.

I hope that clarifies my meaning when I said "white collar"

Return to “Environmentalism”